Unlimited beverage package include bottled water for port stops?

Ox Fan Cruiser

Is it cheaper to pre buy the water bottles online or is the price the same if we were to buy it after we board?

We were on the Pearl in February and I had pre ordered bottled water to be delivered to our room. Didn't realize they were the big bottles, wouldn't of ordered so many. But anyway you could buy the bottled water at the buffet and was a little cheaper which surprised me.

• 1 month later...

I've been searching NCL threads about the exclusion of bottled water from the ultimate beverage package...Here is what I cannot seem to find an answer on: There is no package that lists Perrier, San Pellegrino, or Acqua Panna, on either the included or excluded lists from any of the beverage packages they offer? Does anyone know if the Ultimate Beverage Package includes Sparkling Water such as Perrier or San Pellegrino?

I've been searching NCL threads about the exclusion of bottled water from the ultimate beverage package...Here is what I cannot seem to find an answer on: There is no package that lists Perrier, San Pellegrino, or Acqua Panna, on either the included or excluded lists from any of the beverage packages they offer? Does anyone know if the Ultimate Beverage Package includes Sparkling Water such as Perrier or San Pellegrino?

I am sure they will charge for Perrier or sparkling water in a bottle. To avoid naming brands, I imagine this means ALL bottled water.

I wonder why us Brits get 1 litre of bottled water per person per day in our cabins, plus free beverage package and all service charges included in our bookings? Do we pay a lot more than those who book on the US site?

I’d actually prefer not to have plastic bottles given, A reusable lidded cup or bottle would be far more enviromentally friendly.

There is no need for plastic bottles or cups on cruise ships.

I wonder why us Brits get 1 litre of bottled water per person per day in our cabins, plus free beverage package and all service charges included in our bookings? Do we pay a lot more than those who book on the US site?

I’d actually prefer not to have plastic bottles given, A reusable lidded cup or bottle would be far more enviromentally friendly.

Short answer is two fold. First British laws are different on pricing so cruise lines have to offer more. Second, your pricing is much higher than US pricing.

You do realize if you did not patronize cruise ships you would be immensely helping the environment? All the plastic on cruise ships is recycled so the impact on the environment is minimal. Cruising isn't about saving the world, it's about having a good time.

No bottled water? You can get a glass of wine or beer but not water? That makes no sense to me.
Makes perfect sense..... you don't need to purchase a beverage package to get water.... It's FREE all over the ship in bars, restaurants, your stateroom, buffet....

No bottled water? You can get a glass of wine or beer but not water? That makes no sense to me.

NCL has a separate bottled water package (Aquafina in 1 liter bottles). I think they are alone in not offering bottled water with their drink package, so this question comes up a lot here.

It doesn't make sense not to have "bottled water" because I want bottled water when I go on tours. You get bottled water included with Princess and HAL packages. I know you can get "free" water from a cooler or bar. With Princess I would get bottled water from bar and bring to cabin. So not including bottled water with drink package makes no sense to me. I can understand if they don't include Perrier, Evian, or other more expensive waters. Thanks for letting me know. I'll stay away from NCL.

It doesn't make sense not to have "bottled water" because I want bottled water when I go on tours. You get bottled water included with Princess and HAL packages. I know you can get "free" water from a cooler or bar. With Princess I would get bottled water from bar and bring to cabin. So not including bottled water with drink package makes no sense to me. I can understand if they don't include Perrier, Evian, or other more expensive waters. Thanks for letting me know. I'll stay away from NCL.
I've heard that on Princess and HAL, you have to purchase their beverage package, but on NCL, I've always gotten it as a perk. I'll stick with getting the UBP as a perk versus paying for it.

Indeed you do pay more. I just checked the UK pricing for an itinerary I'm following. For a fairly inexpensive stateroom, it's USD 699 and GBP 799 per person, a difference of about 57%. I wouldn't have been surprised if you paid the same number of pounds as USians pay dollars, but it's more than that. At least you do get something for it.

A new bottled water thread AND a new tipping thread?....it must be Monday. ;)

Anyway, the UBP (Ultimate Beverage Package) Terms and Conditions.

"The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD."

This kind of addresses my question, maybe you (or someone else) can help as I am a cruising rookie.

I splurged a bit and got a penthouse on The Sun leaving next week.

I understand there is a butler (wow) that services these rooms.

If I were to ask the butler to stock the fridge with some beers or perhaps have a bottle of wine chilling in the room would I be charged for that?

I saw in the UBP terms and conditions it doesn't include room service or beer buckets.

Wasn't sure if there were any exceptions to the rule?

This kind of addresses my question, maybe you (or someone else) can help as I am a cruising rookie.

I splurged a bit and got a penthouse on The Sun leaving next week.

I understand there is a butler (wow) that services these rooms.

If I were to ask the butler to stock the fridge with some beers or perhaps have a bottle of wine chilling in the room would I be charged for that?

I saw in the UBP terms and conditions it doesn't include room service or beer buckets.

Wasn't sure if there were any exceptions to the rule?

It also doesn't include bottles of wine only wine by the glass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For the poster who asked about sparkling waters such as Perrier and San Pellegrino- those are charged for. Club soda/soda water at the bar is either charged as a soda or given free (depending on the bartender)

You can get a glass of water in any bar. Do NOT spend your money in their bottled water pkg. Just got off the Escape. Used tap water to make coffee in the room. We wasted our money needlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums