Dawn bid on mini-suite

fridaythe13th

I did bid from Ocean view and got mini suite. The only caution is beware of rooms directly under the garden cafe....lot of noise. Our suite was just aft of the cafe and there were no problems.

We have been on many cruises under the buffet without any "issues" with noise.

Just got off the Dawn...mini suite 11568 was the loudest cabin we have ever had....about 25 cruises. You hear the pool music until midnight 5 of the 7 nights.

wow, thanks for the warning. We have bit on a couple of upgrades and never gotten them but I was thinking of giving it one more try for our May cruise on the Dawn. We are already in a balcony suite, I think I will be happy with that. I would rather have a quiet balcony than a noisy mini suite.

The Dawn also has some undesirable cabins on Deck 8 above the Bliss. count on noise until 2:30a. I, fortunately have no issue and have gotten these rooms in the past- I don't expect anything better as I'm grabbing the last minute cheap dumps. But there is a whole line of suites, balconies in the same area. Some my want to have ear plugs handy.

I just withdrew my mini-suite bid and changed it to a SJ bid!! :o

The family suites with no balcony are great. We have stayed in them 4 times on the Dawn and Star. Only downside is that the big bed doesn't separate into two as the mini suite does. But if your SJ has the murphy bed, that is an option.

The Dawn also has some undesirable cabins on Deck 8 above the Bliss. count on noise until 2:30a. I, fortunately have no issue and have gotten these rooms in the past- I don't expect anything better as I'm grabbing the last minute cheap dumps. But there is a whole line of suites, balconies in the same area. Some my want to have ear plugs handy.

How cheap can you get last minute? We are booked but considering having my mother come if we can get her a super cheap ocean view last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How cheap can you get last minute? We are booked but considering having my mother come if we can get her a super cheap ocean view last minute.

$349++ the entire month of Sept. single rates. Inside- I always pay the lowest cabin rate. Have no clue if outsides were even available? The more flexible the better. If you need a single rate, don't expect it, until a few days prior to sailing. Even if it appears- "sold out', I've seen last minute still open up availability unpredictably. .

Sailing dawn in June and bought a BD Balcony guarantee and was assigned BC balcony 9030 which looks like a great location. Just got the upgrade bid email and wondering if the mini suite is worth bidding on. Thinking no because I like our current location, but noise doesn’t bother me much and people have said the mini suites are a little bit larger which would be nice. Hmmm.... decisions, decisions. What do you all think?

Sailing dawn in June and bought a BD Balcony guarantee and was assigned BC balcony 9030 which looks like a great location. Just got the upgrade bid email and wondering if the mini suite is worth bidding on. Thinking no because I like our current location, but noise doesn’t bother me much and people have said the mini suites are a little bit larger which would be nice. Hmmm.... decisions, decisions. What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

I would stay with 9030.

I like a roof over a balcony, that some mini's on deck 11 Lack.

The upgrade bid was very tempting but our balcony room on deck 10 mid ship is great. Afraid we might end up bigger but location not as good.

Good luck to all of you who are bidding! See you all in a few weeks!

We loved the SJ! We were in 12516 last May and it was fantastic!

Good luck with your bid and enjoy your cruise................

Thank you! I had one with my sister one year. This one will be with my husband. He doesn't know I bid so it would be a nice surprise for him (if they accept my bid).

IMHO, a mini on the Dawn isn't worth the additional cost. It's really only the bathroom that's larger. If the cabin itself is larger, it's not by much & for us, the tub just doesn't work out well. It's hard getting in & out because of the height & the older we get, the higher it seems to be.......

I'd keep what you have.

In case anyone wants to see photos of a mini-suite, I included them in my review.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=611327

In 2016, we did this cruise but went to Belize City instead of the private island, loved it so much, we did the same trip in 2017 and had no trouble embarking/disembarking - we are Canadians and didn't have to report to customs first, wonder what changed?

On a Fall Colours cruise everyone had to report to Customs before we could leave the ship, at the first American port (we started in Quebec City) but Americans were first, can't imagine how chaotic it would be trying to coral everyone before anyone could leave the ship!!

$349++ the entire month of Sept. single rates. Inside- I always pay the lowest cabin rate. Have no clue if outsides were even available? The more flexible the better. If you need a single rate, don't expect it, until a few days prior to sailing. Even if it appears- "sold out', I've seen last minute still open up availability unpredictably. .

Thanks. Good to know. Will keep my eye out for a single rate that is bearable. Pretty sure my mother can do something "very" last minute. Also hoping that if there are cabins the prices will be relatively reasonable given that mid-May isn't peak season for Bermuda.

Thanks. Good to know. Will keep my eye out for a single rate that is bearable. Pretty sure my mother can do something "very" last minute. Also hoping that if there are cabins the prices will be relatively reasonable given that mid-May isn't peak season for Bermuda.

Mid May isn't peak season for Bermuda but the Dawn always sails full. You could get lucky but I haven't seen many great last minute fares for her. I hope you find what you're looking for..........