Transportation from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale

Seahawkie

Hello all,

We'll be staying overnight in Miami but our cruise leaves from Ft Lauderdale. What is the best mode of transportation would you recommend from Miami to Ft Lauderdale for a family of 5? Would renting a car be feasible? or should we take a cab? Uber? Please help. Thank you in advance.

You could book a private vehicle such as a SUV.

I think it would be easier to do that.

Five could possibly go in a taxi van but depends how much luggage you have.

Uber with an SUV would be what I would do over a taxi.k

For additional options I would post this on the Florida Departures Board located at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=495

Keith

Hello all,

We'll be staying overnight in Miami but our cruise leaves from Ft Lauderdale. What is the best mode of transportation would you recommend from Miami to Ft Lauderdale for a family of 5? Would renting a car be feasible? or should we take a cab? Uber? Please help. Thank you in advance.

This is what my wife and I have used several times. It is super cheap and efficient. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

When we need to move between Ft Lauderdale (we once lived in this area) and the Miami area we generally rely on Uber...unless we happen to have a rental car. Uber is generally no more costly then using shared shuttle services (where you might have to make several stops) and very convenient (as long as you have a working smartphone and an account). Our last Uber ride in the area was from the 17th Street Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale to the Port of Miami...and the cost was $38 (total cost for a car that could hold 2 persons and luggage). Most other rides between the 2 cities will cost approximately the same...with Uber (and probably about the same with Lyft.)

Hank

This is what my wife and I have used several times. It is super cheap and efficient. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

What about from Miami cruise terminal to FLL airport? We'll be doing this in the fall (depending on flight plans, still TBD at this point.)