Cabin Availability

Woobstr112G

Quick question regarding cabin availability. I am looking at a 19 Day itinerary from Auckland New Zealand to Los Angeles (Golden Princess April of 2019). I am interested in a Vista Suite. When I go to the cabin selection page, it show availability in allowing me to choose a specific cabin or choose the "GTY" option. When I look at the only deck that supposedly has available cabins, all show sold. Any ideas why this is the case?

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

Quick question regarding cabin availability. I am looking at a 19 Day itinerary from Auckland New Zealand to Los Angeles (Golden Princess April of 2019). I am interested in a Vista Suite. When I go to the cabin selection page, it show availability in allowing me to choose a specific cabin or choose the "GTY" option. When I look at the only deck that supposedly has available cabins, all show sold. Any ideas why this is the case?

Bob

I have been finding more and more that this is a way that inventory is controlled by Princess. We are sailing in August of this year on the Sapphire and most cabin categories have been closed for booking since December. Also, with many overlapping segments on the same ship it seems to be a similar routine. Availability on one segment and not another.

I have been finding more and more that this is a way that inventory is controlled by Princess. We are sailing in August of this year on the Sapphire and most cabin categories have been closed for booking since December. Also, with many overlapping segments on the same ship it seems to be a similar routine. Availability on one segment and not another.

Have seen this before. Suggest you call them or your TA.

Funny thing' date=' I just checked it again and see that C751 now shows available. One slight correction, I was referring to the 22 day itinerary that ends in Vancouver and not the 19 day that ends in Los Angeles. The 19 day shows totally sold out for suites.

Bob[/font']

Funny thing, I just checked it again and see that C751 now shows available. One slight correction, I was referring to the 22 day itinerary that ends in Vancouver and not the 19 day that ends in Los Angeles. The 19 day shows totally sold out for suites.

Bob

Others already got the correct answer...it's a form of inventory control.

I tried to book a specific cabin from OZ to LA, it was sold out for the leg that I wanted to do. If I'd been willing to book a different leg at a different port, it would have been available.

When I called and requested that they release that cabin for my preferred leg, the answer was NO(!!!).

My brother is booked on that very cruise. He and I have a little game where we try to book the same cabin (A201) on any Princess cruise that we take. So, I asked if he was in the "Larson Cabin." He, of course, replied that the web site indicated that all the cabins on that deck were sold. So, he went with the GTY. He told me that he did check with Princess and was assured that all cabins have the same itinerary. :D

Bob

Reserved for those booking Sydney to L.A., Sydney to Vancouver or Auckland to Vancouver. Work with the T.A., they may be able to get the cabin you want released.

It's actually one of the reasons I use sea scanner - they show every cabin available, on every ship. It makes it much easier to find the cabin I want, then I can either call the line, or a TA and get the cabin.

What is Sea Scanner, I’ve never heard of it?

Reserved for those booking Sydney to L.A., Sydney to Vancouver or Auckland to Vancouver. Work with the T.A., they may be able to get the cabin you want released.

Thank you for the suggestion, I’m calling my T/A tomorrow.....:):):)

Bob

Others already got the correct answer...it's a form of inventory control.

I tried to book a specific cabin from OZ to LA, it was sold out for the leg that I wanted to do. If I'd been willing to book a different leg at a different port, it would have been available.

When I called and requested that they release that cabin for my preferred leg, the answer was NO(!!!).

I've encountered that response as well. I was politely told that it couldn't be done although the cabin might be released closer to the time of the cruise.

Funny thing, I just checked it again and see that C751 now shows available. One slight correction, I was referring to the 22 day itinerary that ends in Vancouver and not the 19 day that ends in Los Angeles. The 19 day shows totally sold out for suites.

When a cruise can be sold multiple ways (in this case a 22 day or 19 day), each method will have cabins assigned to it and those cabins will not be available for the other booking length.

I was on one cruise that could be sold four ways and that really limited what was available each different way.

Interesting thing I found out from Princess today. I was told that all of the full suites were allocated for the 22 day itinerary and none were ever released for the 19 day itinerary. I find this kinda suspect and I'm sure if I called them tomorrow, I'd get a different response.....

Bob