Waiting and hoping for the Upsell Fairy

a.madruga

Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for you! We are sailing on NA in 59 days and are also hoping for the upsell fairy at some point. My TA said he often receives offers from HAL, but now that you're at the 10 day mark, why not give yours a call to ask. I think being proactive can pay off!

FAIR is the ability for any of us or our TA to call HAL, see if there is availablity of the cabin category you want, if the price is agreeable to you, grea t, you have the choice to book and pay for it That is fair.

I am sure you are aware that on just about any cruise, a huge percent of guests are celebrating one thing of another, Maybe a birthday, anniversary, graduation, engagement, honeymoon, passing the bar exam, great outcome from a medical treatment, recovery from illness, admission to medical school, name the event, so many persons, celebrating, something Congratulations on your special events Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

We cannot 'expect' we should ge t something for nothing. Others are paying for it. why would anyone pay going rate if HAL lets us expect them to offer us to pay a much lowered price. IF it happens, fine, but we should not be able to predict it will happen . What kind of (fill in ghe blank) does tha t make those that pay the asking price?

Edited by sail7seas

It all depends on what cabins need to be sold. Varies on every cruise. Just like the last time you asked the very same question, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2614517

CB. Let me tell you what happened last night when we called 888 6288107 were upsells are done Told by HAL employee that Neptune was available but since we have TA, they have to call. We understood and had TA call within ten minutes only to be told nothing available and that we were first in waitlist. We’ll have to believe it’s just the luck of the draw....

FAIR is the ability for any of us or our TA to call HAL, see if there is availablity of the cabin category you want, if the price is agreeable to you, grea t, you have the choice to book and pay for it That is fair.

I am sure you are aware that on just about nay cruise, a huge percent of guests are celebrating one thing of another, Maybe a birthday, anniversary, graduation, engagement, honeymoon, passing the bar exam, great outcome from a medical treatment, recovery from illness, admission to medical school, name the event, so many persons, celebrating, something Congratulations on your special events Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

So true your right, thanks

CB. Let me tell you what happened last night when we called 888 6288107 were upsells are done Told by HAL employee that Neptune was available but since we have TA, they have to call. We understood and had TA call within ten minutes only to be told nothing available and that we were first in waitlist. We’ll have to believe it’s just the luck of the draw....

Since the upsells were done, do you suppose your TA was contacted and she did not pass the information onto you?

We booked with a PCC for our upcoming Alaska trip. We booked a specific SY Signature Suite. Less than 24 hours after we made final payment the SC guarantees dropped to less than my SY. My PCC is on vacation so I called her fill in. She went to bat for me and we ended up with a SC(Neptune Suite) guarantee and a refund on my credit card. I did have to give up my drink package and OBC. It's possible I would have been given an upsell, but, I didn't want to take the chance. Keep an eye on the website in case something comes open. Since you are first on the wait list did they indicate what the upsell price is?

Not luck of the draw, there are often only a few rooms in play, and it is very possible with so few days left that your room you were told about actually sold in the 10 minutes it took to contact your TA.

Since the upsells were done, do you suppose your TA was contacted and she did not pass the information onto you?

We booked with a PCC for our upcoming Alaska trip. We booked a specific SY Signature Suite. Less than 24 hours after we made final payment the SC guarantees dropped to less than my SY. My PCC is on vacation so I called her fill in. She went to bat for me and we ended up with a SC(Neptune Suite) guarantee and a refund on my credit card. I did have to give up my drink package and OBC. It's possible I would have been given an upsell, but, I didn't want to take the chance. Keep an eye on the website in case something comes open. Since you are first on the wait list did they indicate what the upsell price is?

No would not tell...

Not luck of the draw, there are often only a few rooms in play, and it is very possible with so few days left that your room you were told about actually sold in the 10 minutes it took to contact your TA.

Probably right on that

Yes, that could have happened.

I got two upsells for Neptune on the March 4 Oosterdam Panama Canal. The first offer about 18 days out was ludicrous so I turned it down. The next one came less than a week before sailing at $399 each. I grabbed that offer, or should I say my agent jumped on it and got me my favored aft cabin. It was perfect for the Panama Canal transit and the extra space and laundry was great for the 16 day cruise. Just because you turn it down once doesn't mean you won't be offered a better deal. My agent knows that I was trolling for an upgrade and watched her computer to see when it might come in. Good luck!

My experience: I never once received an offer when I used a TA. Switched to a PCC and got my first offer. Good luck!

As much as I hate to say that your so right about that...we still enjoy our cruise 🚢

My experience: I never once received an offer when I used a TA. Switched to a PCC and got my first offer. Good luck!

I guess we were fortunate. Had Neptune upsell offers with two different TA's and most recently with my PCC. I also switched to the PCC because he's vigilant watching for the upsell, whereas the previous TA's didn't always pay attention to the offers, despite the two times they did pass them on.

I have never heard of a refund to a credit card after final payment (I understand you lost your drink package - maybe that is what was refunded as the promotion had changed since the time you booked?)

Did you make your final payment early before the cruise lines actual final payment date? If so, that would make sense getting a refund.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never heard of a refund to a credit card after final payment (I understand you lost your drink package - maybe that is what was refunded as the promotion had changed since the time you booked?)

Did you make your final payment early before the cruise lines actual final payment date? If so, that would make sense getting a refund.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, I did not make final payment early. My credit card has already been refunded $400. It had nothing to do with the drink package or perks. It was the difference between the current fare, and what I paid. My PCC had to push for it. They were going to let me move up at the price I paid for my SY, giving up the drink package and on board credit. I said why would I pay $200pp MORE than the website is showing less than 24 hours later. I said I am willing to do that IF they let me keep the drink package. She came back and said we will refund your credit card $200pp.

We were just offered from Our SS to SA

$1400 PP upgrade Of course we turned it down

To approxim ately what amount would you perhaps agree ?

Is this for a 7 day cruise?

Edited by sail7seas