Escape to Bermuda, need beach advice

garebarepups

Going to Bermuda the end of June on the Escape. We already have an all day excursion (Hidden Gems tours) on Wednesday and then planning on hitting Harbor nights that evening. Thursday looking to do some beach time. I need advice as to what beach(es) to hit and best transportation to get there. (We are getting a two day bus/ferry pass, and I know there is a NCL ferry to St George) So what did you do what was your plan?

Hi, going in May- last time I went I got the transportation pass as well. I went to St George's via ferry the first day and went to Tobacco Bay.

Second day, I went to Horseshoe and took the bus back.

I would be interested if anyone has been to the beach near Fort St Catherine- I think that is where I will go in St George next time.

Horsehoe Bay....everyone must see this beach at least once in their life. go early, tho, and walk way down towards warwick long bay, away from the bathhouse. less crowded and you can explore the coast line a bit. Bus 7 can get you there.

Horsehoe Bay....everyone must see this beach at least once in their life. go early, tho, and walk way down towards warwick long bay, away from the bathhouse. less crowded and you can explore the coast line a bit. Bus 7 can get you there.

Can you get to bus 7 from the cruiseport?

Horseshoe Bay 100%. Others are nice too, but none more beautiful than Horseshoe. Walk all the way to the left past and in between gorgeous rocks and small cliffs jutting out of the water and on the shoreline. You will pass the crowds and have and have an incredible view! On the extreme right is the tiny cove-like Baby Beach which is nice to see lots of fish in the calm water and small crabs crawling on the rocks. I used to take the bus and therefore get the 2 day pass, but haven`t the last couple times. There are shuttles available directly to and from the beach for 7$ a person. When I calculated what I really needed for my plans the 2 day pass wasn`t worth it for me. It`s maybe 10 minutes away so an easy morning and early afternoon beach day and time saved not waiting for buses. We went back to the ship and were able to have a late lunch and relax on the ship later on.

Hi, going in May- last time I went I got the transportation pass as well. I went to St George's via ferry the first day and went to Tobacco Bay.

Second day, I went to Horseshoe and took the bus back.

I would be interested if anyone has been to the beach near Fort St Catherine- I think that is where I will go in St George next time.

It looks like that might be St. Catherine's beach? We too went to Tobacco Bay but never ventured to the fort or the beach there. I don't recall seeing it mentioned but maybe on the Bermuda boards it is.

Going to Bermuda the end of June on the Escape. We already have an all day excursion (Hidden Gems tours) on Wednesday and then planning on hitting Harbor nights that evening. Thursday looking to do some beach time. I need advice as to what beach(es) to hit and best transportation to get there. (We are getting a two day bus/ferry pass, and I know there is a NCL ferry to St George) So what did you do what was your plan?

horseshoe bay. There are minivans right at the dock and will take you for $7 pp each way. The benefit is that they take you down to the beach. The bus drops you at the top of the hill and you have to go down and up “heart attack hill”.

If this is your first visit to Bermuda, from the perspective of someone who has been to Bermuda perhaps 40 times, you MUST go to Horseshoe. In the last 2 years, transportation to/from from the ship via the $7 shuttle and the beach amenities (umbrellas and lounge chairs) have improved dramatically!! Go early and enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The one beach you must do is Horseshoe Bay Beach. The best transportation would be a taxi, but I would suggest taking a mini-bus. The fare was $7P/P (in 2017) and you get door to door service just like a taxi.

If you want to do a second beach on the same day, I would follow the beach path to Warwick Long Bay Beach Stop and swim at each cove you pass on the way to WLLB. I would not go to Tobacco Bay because of the travel time or expense involved in getting there from HSB.

SBtS

Can you get to bus 7 from the cruiseport?

yes, it comes to the dockard... you pick it up over near the entrance to snorkel park beach. The $7 shuttle is convenient that folks here have mentioned, but that price adds up. $14 RT per person is very expensive IMO.

Horseshoe Bay 100%. Others are nice too, but none more beautiful than Horseshoe. Walk all the way to the left past and in between gorgeous rocks and small cliffs jutting out of the water and on the shoreline. You will pass the crowds and have and have an incredible view! On the extreme right is the tiny cove-like Baby Beach which is nice to see lots of fish in the calm water and small crabs crawling on the rocks. I used to take the bus and therefore get the 2 day pass, but haven`t the last couple times. There are shuttles available directly to and from the beach for 7$ a person. When I calculated what I really needed for my plans the 2 day pass wasn`t worth it for me. It`s maybe 10 minutes away so an easy morning and early afternoon beach day and time saved not waiting for buses. We went back to the ship and were able to have a late lunch and relax on the ship later on.

Agree with this, we did the 2 day pass the first time there and didn't get our monies worth. With the free ferry to St. Georges use the shuttle service and head to Horseshoe. Walk a little ways and you'll find the cove. Been on a tour of several beaches and other than Warwick, Horseshoe was the nicest.

If this is your first visit to Bermuda, from the perspective of someone who has been to Bermuda perhaps 40 times, you MUST go to Horseshoe. In the last 2 years, transportation to/from from the ship via the $7 shuttle and the beach amenities (umbrellas and lounge chairs) have improved dramatically!! Go early and enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok thanks, Pretty sure this will be our spot. But not sure of the $7 shuttle as we are a family of 3. But for the convenience we might just pay the money.

yes, it comes to the dockard... you pick it up over near the entrance to snorkel park beach. The $7 shuttle is convenient that folks here have mentioned, but that price adds up. $14 RT per person is very expensive IMO.

Yeah I would have to pay for 3 people

Ok thanks, Pretty sure this will be our spot. But not sure of the $7 shuttle as we are a family of 3. But for the convenience we might just pay the money.

The bus service in Bermuda has become unreliable in recent years, largely due to old equipment that frequently breaks down . They have also been limiting the number of cruise ship passengers that can board the #7 buses at Dockyard that serve Horseshoe Bay and the other South Shore beaches because the residents of Bermuda need to use those buses to get to and from work, school, shopping, doctor's appointments, etc. Finally, they used to have direct express buses that operated between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay, but ceased those operations a couple of years ago.

They bottom line is that if you want to get to the South Shore beaches such as Horseshoe Bay, the most practical way to do it is by using the shuttles or taxis. Anyone using the public bus system faces the likelihood of a long trip with a long wait for a bus. We've been going to Bermuda for more than 30 years and until two or three years ago always used the buses. We stopped using them because of the reasons I mentioned above. It's worth a couple of dollars more for the shuttle to be able to get to and from the beach quickly and conveniently. I don't want to spend my vacation standing in lines for long times at bus stops.

The bus service in Bermuda has become unreliable in recent years, largely due to old equipment that frequently breaks down . They have also been limiting the number of cruise ship passengers that can board the #7 buses at Dockyard that serve Horseshoe Bay and the other South Shore beaches because the residents of Bermuda need to use those buses to get to and from work, school, shopping, doctor's appointments, etc. Finally, they used to have direct express buses that operated between Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay, but ceased those operations a couple of years ago.

They bottom line is that if you want to get to the South Shore beaches such as Horseshoe Bay, the most practical way to do it is by using the shuttles or taxis. Anyone using the public bus system faces the likelihood of a long trip with a long wait for a bus. We've been going to Bermuda for more than 30 years and until two or three years ago always used the buses. We stopped using them because of the reasons I mentioned above. It's worth a couple of dollars more for the shuttle to be able to get to and from the beach quickly and conveniently. I don't want to spend my vacation standing in lines for long times at bus stops.

How much are taxi's