2018 Wine list

suzyed

Here’s a link to the most up to date wine list from November 2017 that I’ve seen which includes comparisons for purchasing onboard or bringing it on the ship.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=412023&d=1510903877

They are still selling wine packages on 10+ day cruises when having sufficient inventory of wine.

The details on the wine packages are:

Note: A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

You get a punch card which can be used at any of the dining locations.

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit

Here’s a link to the most up to date wine list from November 2017 that I’ve seen which includes comparisons for purchasing onboard or bringing it on the ship.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=412023&d=1510903877

They are still selling wine packages on 10+ day cruises when having sufficient inventory of wine.

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for as far as the packages. We're on a 10 day so I hope they offer it.

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for as far as the packages. We're on a 10 day so I hope they offer it.

Hopefully it works for you but sometimes we’ve been told it was unavailable until asking our dining room waitstaff. They gladly sold it to us & we have been told there’s some benefit to them such as extra time off in port. They’ll provide our wine so we prefer for them to get any benefit from selling us our wine package. :)

Hopefully it works for you but sometimes we’ve been told it was unavailable until asking our dining room waitstaff. They gladly sold it to us & we have been told there’s some benefit to them such as extra time off in port. They’ll provide our wine so we prefer for them to get any benefit from selling us our wine package. :)

Good to know!! Thanks for that info! ;);)

Just because a wine is on the list doesn't mean it is available.

On the Grand Princess, last September, we were told three different wines we ordered in either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's were no longer in inventory. Two other wines that we ordered were available, but, according to the servers, were the last bottles on the ship. Presumably, anybody who ordered one of those two after us was disappointed.

Our next cruise is out of our home port. So, not having to deal with airlines, I'll be able to carry on a sufficient number of my own bottles.

Guess we’ve been lucky & have only had a couple of unavailable bottles during all of our cruises.

Due to the resupplying problem in the Med before our cruise they purchased Italian wines. Some of those were still available on our Spanish Passage TA cruise. We enjoy Italian wines & enjoyed those new temporary additions to their wine list. :D

I printed that list and used it on our Majestic cruise in February and March. It was correct and helpful. For example, I don't buy the more expensive wines, but I would rather pay $35. for a wine that costs $14. outside than pay $31. for a $7. dollar wine. I didn't notice them running out of any wine, but they did run out of Grolsch beer, which is a tragedy when it is required with pizza.

Does anyone have a current (2018) wine list for the Princess ships?

Would love to see it! Also, are they still selling multi bottle wine packages?

There is a list where you can pre-buy on the Princess Cruise Personalizer, under Onboard Reservations-Princess Cellars. It's not the whole list, but if you see something on it you like, perhaps it's best to order ahead of time.

Noticed that Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc is listed at $42.55. Just had this at home (last night) where it cost us $9.99. And one might consider that cruise lines buy wines at wholesale prices and do not need to pay taxes (in some cases). Mark-up over 400% seem to be excessive...even for Princess.

Hank

On the Grand Princess, last September, we were told three different wines we ordered in either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's were no longer in inventory. Two other wines that we ordered were available, but, according to the servers, were the last bottles on the ship. Presumably, anybody who ordered one of those two after us was disappointed.

Our next cruise is out of our home port. So, not having to deal with airlines, I'll be able to carry on a sufficient number of my own bottles.

In hindsight, I kinda wish that I'd written the above differently. In 10 or 12 cruises on Princess, this was the only time something like this happened. To my wife and I it became funny. Believe me we were always able to find wines that we enjoyed, and we had a sensational cruise.

I will be updating my wine spreadsheet in the next couple of weeks or so. I do have the latest list off ISLAND Princess from March.

As for the comments on cheap wine mark-up.... restaurants do the same thing. There is always a minimum mark-up for profit and it is invariably high for cheap wine because they need that minimum amount. Princess has a lot of this because they offer a lot of cheap wine in recent years, whereas they had better stuff a while back.

Best bet is to take on as much of your own as you can, because Princess is very good to its customers with the $15 corkage fee.

There is a list where you can pre-buy on the Princess Cruise Personalizer, under Onboard Reservations-Princess Cellars. It's not the whole list, but if you see something on it you like, perhaps it's best to order ahead of time.

We used to order the Simi Landslide....but the price has increased to the point that I would rather bring it on and pay the corkage than pay what they are asking....or just order a different one.

I will be updating my wine spreadsheet in the next couple of weeks or so. I do have the latest list off ISLAND Princess from March.

As for the comments on cheap wine mark-up.... restaurants do the same thing. There is always a minimum mark-up for profit and it is invariably high for cheap wine because they need that minimum amount. Princess has a lot of this because they offer a lot of cheap wine in recent years, whereas they had better stuff a while back.

Best bet is to take on as much of your own as you can, because Princess is very good to its customers with the $15 corkage fee.

Looking forward to your update! Thanks so much. Your spreadsheet is fantastic!

We splurged on Overture, a spendie red blend, this month at Crown Grill. I was told it was their last bottle. I was also told it was a very popular wine. I was surprised on both counts, as the price with tip was $136+. Thinking about it, it still makes my hands sweat! Our credit card bill isn't due until later in April😳 PS - it was perfect with lamb chops😊 And also the chocolate dessert😋

We splurged on Overture' date=' a spendie red blend, this month at Crown Grill. I was told it was their last bottle. I was also told it was a very popular wine. I was surprised on both counts, as the price with tip was $136+. Thinking about it, it still makes my hands sweat! Our credit card bill isn't due until later in April😳 PS - it was perfect with lamb chops😊 And also the chocolate dessert😋[/quote']

My wine is expensive, but I can pay for it next month with my credit card. —> First World Problem

On our last cruise, in February, a new wrinkle: wines, on the wine list, may not be available in the DR that are still available in bars. I'd like to see Princess perk up their wine program a bit, at least to Celebrity standards for example.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

On our last cruise, in February, a new wrinkle: wines, on the wine list, may not be available in the DR that are still available in bars. I'd like to see Princess perk up their wine program a bit, at least to Celebrity standards for example.

If you know that those wines are still available in the bars, can't you ask them to get it for you to drink in the dining room?

We splurged on Overture' date=' a spendie red blend, this month at Crown Grill. I was told it was their last bottle. I was also told it was a very popular wine. I was surprised on both counts, as the price with tip was $136+. Thinking about it, it still makes my hands sweat! Our credit card bill isn't due until later in April😳 PS - it was perfect with lamb chops😊 And also the chocolate dessert😋[/quote']

Never had the Overture but have had Opus One and it was divine!

If you know that those wines are still available in the bars, can't you ask them to get it for you to drink in the dining room?

We normally stop off at Vines on the way to the MDR and pick up a glass of the better stuff and I make a quick replenishment run back to Vines inbetween the soup course and the main course.

The wine steward at our table in effect becomes the water boy. I really wish they would improve the wines by the glass in the MDR as we typically have the PBP.

Yes, you can as I did. But apparently they cannot or will not go and get it. For practical reasons, it's not a good idea to lose your Asst. Waiter during dinner rush.

As posted above, I too have run over to Vines for b-t-g refills, particularly if you are on the beverage package. This is an area where Celebrity shines - plenty of btg options, all available in the DR.