Moveover Offer

BAGLADY.45

I have received a moveover offer and cannot get through to Princess. They ask you to leave a message and they will call back in the order your call was received. If the offers have all been taken, does Princess still call you back to let you know this? Thank you for any information.

They should return your call regardless but if you want to know for sure, the Inventory agent's voicemail message should indicate if a particular offer has been filled. If you do call multiple times, do not leave multiple messages. Good luck, it can be a very good deal if you are flexible.

Thank you azbirdmom. The good news is the message just says leave a message and they will call back. Nothing yet about the offer being filled. I have only left one message and keeping my fingers crossed!

If the message just says "leave a message," the offer is still being offered. If it were full, it would thank you for responding but tell you that it was full.

When you said that you couldn't get thru, I thought you were getting a busy signal. If you got thru to the "leave a message" part, you are good. They will work thru all the messages and either make an offer or let you know that the offers were filled by earlier respondents.

Just curious ... about how long before a cruise are people getting these offers?

We got our offer 15 days before departure. It was for a 14 day South America cruise so I'm imagining they needed a bit more lead time, and from the number of folks on our roll call alone who accepted the offer, the ship was seriously oversold. Others on that sailing got movedown offers much closer to departure.

They should return your call regardless but if you want to know for sure, the Inventory agent's voicemail message should indicate if a particular offer has been filled.

How could this be? A single number, a single voice mail, and multiple move over offers on

various sailings being offered....

I was in my email account - well, it's always open and it get notifications for new emails - and responded within 5 minutes of getting the email...

Got to a recorded message - 2 parts - 1st part - if your calling about XXX, that cruise is no longer open to move over offers...

if your calling about XXX cruise - please leave your booking number , phone number, etc and we will return your call - which they did that same day - an we took it

So maybe that rep was only responsible for those 2 cruises at that time...dunno:cool:

How could this be? A single number, a single voice mail, and multiple move over offers on

It's a single number but then you need the extension number to reach the person who is handling that offer. When I called for our February Crown moveover off the voicemail stated something close to"if you are calling about the move over offers made for the x crown sailing and you have an inside or balcony and get this message, then they are probably already taken. Mini-suites are still needed".

Sorry, may have been explained on another thread but this moveover offer seems a little confusing to me and perhaps new? I haven't been on a Princess cruise in 5 years and just booked my first one to Alaska this June. So Princess contacts you to offer you to take a different cruise? And could go from a shorter cruise to a longer one? Do you have to pay for the change or is offered to you free of charge? I wouldn't think it would apply to our cruise but was just trying to get a handle on what all this means.

There are specific inventory personnel assigned to certain moveover offers. I know there was only one person handling the moveover offers for the South America cruises in February and she was quite busy. And that person remains your contact for the new cruises that one moves to. I've heard a variety of messages when calling our contact which is why I know it's the policy to update their VM message to indicate the moveover offers that they are handling and to change the message when the current offer has been filled.

Sorry, may have been explained on another thread but this moveover offer seems a little confusing to me and perhaps new? I haven't been on a Princess cruise in 5 years and just booked my first one to Alaska this June. So Princess contacts you to offer you to take a different cruise? And could go from a shorter cruise to a longer one? Do you have to pay for the change or is offered to you free of charge? I wouldn't think it would apply to our cruise but was just trying to get a handle on what all this means.

Princess contacts passengers when they need additional cabins for an upcoming sailing. It could be that they oversold guarantees, or perhaps they need cabins for a large group. The attractiveness of the offer seems to depend on how badly they need your specific cabin category. The one we accepted was 1 or 2 cruises up to a total of 18 days, cabin upgrade, $$ to cover any cancellation fees incurred, EZ air, Princess insurancew, and port fees "protected" (meaning that if these items for the new cruise were lower, we would get a refund for the difference; if higher Princess covered it), and the entire amount of cruise fare that we paid for the 14 day South America trip added to our new trip as refundable onboard credit. For our offer, we officially heard that they sweetened it a week later to 21 days, and someone else after that allegedly was able to negotiate with Princess to get even more. Some with balcony cabins on the same cruise also got movedown offers where they moved to an inside cabin and got their entire cruise fare back as refundable OBC. There's no charge to you for this, they try to keep it seamless. And up until recently it was a rare occurrence, but there have been quite a few of these offers reported this year.

Princess contacts passengers when they need additional cabins for an upcoming sailing. It could be that they oversold guarantees, or perhaps they need cabins for a large group. The attractiveness of the offer seems to depend on how badly they need your specific cabin category. The one we accepted was 1 or 2 cruises up to a total of 18 days, cabin upgrade, $$ to cover any cancellation fees incurred, EZ air, Princess insurancew, and port fees "protected" (meaning that if these items for the new cruise were lower, we would get a refund for the difference; if higher Princess covered it), and the entire amount of cruise fare that we paid for the 14 day South America trip added to our new trip as refundable onboard credit. For our offer, we officially heard that they sweetened it a week later to 21 days, and someone else after that allegedly was able to negotiate with Princess to get even more. Some with balcony cabins on the same cruise also got movedown offers where they moved to an inside cabin and got their entire cruise fare back as refundable OBC. There's no charge to you for this, they try to keep it seamless. And up until recently it was a rare occurrence, but there have been quite a few of these offers reported this year.

Wow! Sounds extremely complicated and thank for your explaining it. Good luck to the OP and hope to hear that they scored a great deal too!

We got our offer 15 days before departure. It was for a 14 day South America cruise so I'm imagining they needed a bit more lead time, and from the number of folks on our roll call alone who accepted the offer, the ship was seriously oversold. Others on that sailing got movedown offers much closer to departure.

Thanks everyone. I am booked on a cruise that sold out early in the game. Was hoping to get one of these offers. Will keep my eyes peeled in the weeks / days leading up to the sail date.