Anniversary dinner, Chops or Giovanni’s?

Hubby & I will be celebrating our anniversary on the 4/22 Liberty OTS cruise. I’m trying to decide which specialty restaurant to choose for dinner.

We’ve eaten at Chops on every prior RCI cruise, but have never tried Giovanni’s. We won’t do Chef’s Table since we don’t drink wine.

Which would you choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love Italian food just dislike Giovanni's

I totally agree. The pasta with bolognese sauce is so al dente that it seems like it needs another 3-4 minutes to cook. It's almost hard. The pasta Carbonara has an egg on top instead of mixed in the sauce. That might be the way to serve it, but that's not how I eat it.

The filet was ok, not anywhere near as good as Chops, so I would choose Chops any day instead of Giovanni's.

I am sailing on Allure this summer and we have the 5 night package. I tried so hard to talk my family into going to Giovanni's again and they said why go there when they didn't really like it? They are huge Italian food fans.

Another minor point was no one in kitchen or wait staff was Italian or even European , I thought staff in general was just bad , in past this was one of my favorite places to eat , I grew up in a New York Italian family and know what good itialin food taste like .

We like both.

But...just returned from Oasis and did the BOGO. Really shocked that the price no longer includes tip! Instead of $45, it is now $53. Thank goodness it was BOGO.

Seeing more and more ways RCI is cutting back.