Walking Out During Shows

gmbhardy

'We' does not inolude You and Me. Don't rope me into your thing.

Okay, so let me ask you, if it's okay to ask you, if my kid starts getting loud or disruptive in the middle of a show, what do you think is the right thing to do? Stay in the show or leave discretely?

Courtesy and Etiquette in a Producion Show are random to you then. I think that I have read in Bios that the Theatrical Performers have been in (non cruise line) major Theatrical Productions.

You seem to have an “Etiquette” for everything under the sun, elevators, broadway shows, performers.

Do you actually have any fun on a cruise or just go on one to see what you can complain or who you can complain about later.

Have a drink, enjoy yourself, worry about yourself not other people, that is what a vacation is for.

I am done with this silly thread, yes I am walking, out just like when a show sucks on a cruise.

You seem to have an “Etiquette” for everything under the sun, elevators, broadway shows, performers.

Do you actually have any fun on a cruise or just go on one to see what you can complain or who you can complain about later.

Have a drink, enjoy yourself, worry about yourself not other people, that is what a vacation is for.

I am done with this silly thread, yes I am walking, out just like when a show sucks on a cruise.

Good, go. You have had your say. You seemingly have no understanding of social etiquette.

Just pointing out the absurdities of the entire thread. It is not rude for you to not be able to see that. Your OPINION of me based on some silly posts on the interwebs, well I will let you figure that one out on your own. I actually quite enjoy thread such as this one, I come in here every time I need a good guffaw to turn my day around. Works like a charm.

BTW the post about the group of 6 leaving was not intended as a joke, well not totally anyway!

I can hardly wait for the "I think it is rude and annoying of older women who put on so much cheap perfume that the stench chokes everyone they walk past" thread! That on ought to be a real hoot...

You are just an agitator, not a real contributor. IMHO of course. :rolleyes:

Good, go. You have had your say. You seemingly have no understanding of social etiquette.

I'll tell you this; I was, I guess, naive about social etiquette ins and outs before this thread. I'm asking you what do do with an unruly child; what is the best of a bad situation?

Nah, I was kidding, just went to get a drink, wouldn’t miss what the Etiquette social guru has to say.

When did you develop this high opinion of yourself anyway, must suck to be always right about everything.

I'll tell you this; I was, I guess, naive about social etiquette ins and outs before this thread. I'm asking you what do do with an unruly child; what is the best of a bad situation?

Why would you bring a child to begin with to an evening event show? Can't you find a sitter for them in the evening so you can out and explore?

Why would you bring a child to begin with to an evening event show? Can't you find a sitter for them in the evening so you can out and explore?

I'll indulge you even though you continually fail to answer a simple question.

I bring my kid on vacation so we can spend family time together. I'm not looking to dump him on a baby sitter. He LOVES going to many of the production shows with us; especially the song/dance ones. He learns the songs and talks about the shows and performances and as a parent it brings me great joy to see these things and share these experiences with mini-me.

But, he IS a small kid and they aren't 100% behaved 100% of the time. So if we're at a show in the theater and he gets agitated and disruptive, what is the best thing to do? Do we stay and try to get him to quiet down, or do we leave as discretely as practical mid-way through a show?

you are LITERALLY telling us all about etiquette, but when asked how to handle a situation you reply with "whataboutism" instead of simply offering practical advice. What's with that?

Maybe the 10 year old LIKES the Beatles, but hates the cover show.

As for your etiquette, if you want to stay through something you despise and find disgusting or revolting, that is your choice and your way to spend your time.

Me, I prefer not to waste mine doing things I don't enjoy for no purpose.

Enjoy crap garbage shows if you wish, but don't expect others to spend their time sitting through something that they don't enjoy when there are better alternatives.

I'll indulge you even though you continually fail to answer a simple question.

I bring my kid on vacation so we can spend family time together. I'm not looking to dump him on a baby sitter. He LOVES going to many of the production shows with us; especially the song/dance ones. He learns the songs and talks about the shows and performances and as a parent it brings me great joy to see these things and share these experiences with mini-me.

But, he IS a small kid and they aren't 100% behaved 100% of the time. So if we're at a show in the theater and he gets agitated and disruptive, what is the best thing to do? Do we stay and try to get him to quiet down, or do we leave as discretely as practical mid-way through a show?

You stay and let the young one go sit by someone else so they don't disturb you while you enjoy the show. It would be rude to walk out.

You stay and let the young one go sit by someone else so they don't disturb you while you enjoy the show. It would be rude to walk out.

This is practical, actionable, real world advice and the best part of Cruise Critic. He's got a fairly long fuse for a youngster, so there will be open seats when he reaches that point, vacated by the uncouth.

(Honestly, we tend to sit in the rear of the theater so we can depart if needed; especially when he was a baby/toddler and we would need a restroom, or he would get fussy, etc., we could be out of the theater in 10 seconds flat). The etiquette lady has just worked herself into a corner here and I think all of us know that if a child is getting fussy or misbehaving any good parent is going to tend to the child while simultaneously minimizing disruptions to other guests and performers, meaning get out quickly and quietly. Since MizDemeanor has painted themselves into that corner every response is basically gaslighting whataboutism instead of saying 'Well, in that situation it makes the most sense to leave".

Basic common sense here instead of defending a ridiculous position.

But seriously, your idea is super solid and I might try it.

Guys, do what you want to do. Do what you are inclined to do. Just get that others will have opinions on what you are doing and from time to time. For the duration you have cast your impression. Unless you have some sort of extended reason to interact in a positive, friendly, and welcoming way.

I am sure our answers will differ and I don’t claim to be an Etiquette guru.

Let the child sing, in fact join in, get up and dance with the child to the music.

The performers love to see the audience getting involved and having fun.

Don’t wait for them to wave their hands for you to join in.

Before you know it everybody will be joining in.

Guys, do what you want to do. Do what you are inclined to do. Just get that others will have opinions on what you are doing and from time to time. For the duration you have cast your impression. Unless you have some sort of extended reason to interact in a positive, friendly, and welcoming way.

I've asked you several time for your opinion but you won't say it.

I am sure our answers will differ and I don’t claim to be an Etiquette guru.

Let the child sing, in fact join in, get up and dance with the child to the music.

The performers love to see the audience getting involved and having fun.

Don’t wait for them to wave their hands for you to join in.

Before you know it everybody will be joining in.

He's an awesome dancer and lately has really gotten a thing for classic rock 70's and 80's and when he thinks no one is around he puts on a heck of a performance but gets shy if people are around. I've told him on the next cruise if he wants to try Karaoke that mom and I will do backup if he's nervous. He has already asked if he can go to the dance parties.

I like your idea, it's a great one really!

Maybe the 10 year old LIKES the Beatles, but hates the cover show.

As for your etiquette, if you want to stay through something you despise and find disgusting or revolting, that is your choice and your way to spend your time.

Me, I prefer not to waste mine doing things I don't enjoy for no purpose.

Enjoy crap garbage shows if you wish, but don't expect others to spend their time sitting through something that they don't enjoy when there are better alternatives.

What YOU despise and what I [ may or may not despise] are two entirely different things.

The dryest of wit; plus one point.

Since you are OP; what do I do with a misbehaving child during a show; stay or go discretely?

There are a myriad of valid reasons for people to leave during shows including dealing with misbehaving children. My original post has morphed into something I never intended. All I was trying to say is that some, not all people attend a performance without knowing what the show is about. Is that an assumption, perhaps, but when entire rows of people leave after less than five minutes into the performance I’m guessing my assumption is correct.

I've asked you several time for your opinion but you won't say it.

I'm pretty sure I have, but I have been polite.

If you have gauged me as seemingly weak because I have been polite, then I am perfectly OK TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST WITH YOU DIRECTLY.

I'm pretty sure I have, but I have been polite.

If you have gauged me as seemingly weak because I have been polite, then I am perfectly OK TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST WITH YOU DIRECTLY.

I haven't viewed you as weak.

Or polite.

One of your replies to me was "That is disgusting dialog by example, almost and perhaps even vulgar. Its no wonder the world is as messed up as it is. You follow your protocols and I will follow mine." Frankly, I'm not 100% sure that was even intended for me, but when I asked you to clarify, you didn't. So no, I don't think anything about that post or subsequent ones had even a whiff of politeness about it.