Walking Out During Shows

gmbhardy

I've asked you several time for your opinion but you won't say it.

I'm pretty sure I have, but I have been polite.

If you have gauged me as seemingly weak because I have been polite, then I am perfectly OK TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST WITH YOU DIRECTLY.

I'm pretty sure I have, but I have been polite.

If you have gauged me as seemingly weak because I have been polite, then I am perfectly OK TO BE BRUTALLY HONEST WITH YOU DIRECTLY.

I haven't viewed you as weak.

Or polite.

One of your replies to me was "That is disgusting dialog by example, almost and perhaps even vulgar. Its no wonder the world is as messed up as it is. You follow your protocols and I will follow mine." Frankly, I'm not 100% sure that was even intended for me, but when I asked you to clarify, you didn't. So no, I don't think anything about that post or subsequent ones had even a whiff of politeness about it.

That doesn't matter.

Still haven't actually answered a question.

if I hand you a shovel you can try to dig up?

I did, I'm being polite. You WANT me to be impolite to you in some dramatic fashion. Its a Holy period. I won't take your bait.

I did, I'm being polite. You WANT me to be impolite to you in some dramatic fashion. Its a Holy period. I won't take your bait.

"Do whatever you need to do, and thank you for minimizing any disruptions to guests and performers" is polite enough for me.

You know you want to. Listen to the little devil sitting on your shoulder, step outside the Etiquette box. See how the other half lives.

1) From the initial post...

"Far too many people walk out during the shows because they didn’t know what the show is about."

Please tell how you determine who leaves because of not knowing what the show as about as opposed to any 'valid' (by your standards) reason.

2) So now not only are you basing your opinion on an (illogical as most are) assumption, now you are backing that up with an assumption about your assumption!

By the way exactly how many times have you seen 'entire rows of people leave after less than five minutes into the performance' and at which shows did this occur? That ought to be interesting to find out, I don't want to waste my time at those shows. :p

You wouldn’t understand.

1) From the initial post...

"Far too many people walk out during the shows because they didn’t know what the show is about."

Please tell how you determine who leaves because of not knowing what the show as about as opposed to any 'valid' (by your standards) reason.

2) So now not only are you basing your opinion on an (illogical as most are) assumption, now you are backing that up with an assumption about your assumption!

By the way exactly how many times have you seen 'entire rows of people leave after less than five minutes into the performance' and at which shows did this occur? That ought to be interesting to find out, I don't want to waste my time at those shows. :p

I dare say that your assumption about my assumption is totally presumptuous!

Wow, smart enough to not take bait while having her Holy period. Maybe next week.

Oh my...You imagine food is a parallel...Just so you know, since it seems you don't, some people likely do eat eat everything put before them because they are more than satisfied with what they have eaten, or because they are not gluttons and do eat to the point of becoming physically unwell from overeating.

I'm not even going to bother to acknowledge the rest of your comments, they are a bit off the reservation.:rolleyes:

I will apologize in advance if it appears the topic is being diverted. I am only trying to demonstrate that not offending other members of the crew is just as important as not offending the entertainers. Kitchen staff was just an example.

Avoiding my question looks like either a double standard or that you are uninformed. If you think offending the kitchen staff or offering them a lower level of respect is acceptable, you obviously don’t appreciate their effort.

You can’t possible believe the reason food gets wasted is because guests find themselves full or don’t want to eat to the point of becoming sick! Statistics show that many people will gain some weight while cruising and the reason is the abundance of food. How about trying to forgo the desert or appetizer before they are ordered and prepared. I can tell you the chef will not be offended in the least if you order only an entre and finish it.Amazing, no food wasted, no one offended and everyone maintains their figure.

I’m sure most have seen guests in the buffet loading the plates to the point where they can barely keep the food from falling off….…..then leave half of it to be thrown out. But they have no problem heading back for acouple of pieces of pie. I’ve seen guests grab a couple of different desserts and take a bite of one and toss the lot in the garbage. So not wanting to get sick is just an (your) excuse.

I’ve eaten at the chefs table and had guests show up half an hour late. This is disrespectful of the chef and sommelier (and even to the other guests). Some guests don’t want the wine pairing offered by the sommelier but prefer something different. Some guests don’t want what the chef is about to or has prepared but prefer something else. The menus and wine pairings are clearly spelled out in advanced so there shouldn’t be any surprises. If you don’t like the choices, don’t sign up. If you aren’t prepared to try what is served, don’t sign up. I guess in your mind since it’s just “food”, it can’t possibly create a situation where crew are shown disrespect for their talents or abilities or roles.

Well the bottom line is, we can live without seeing a theatrical production. We can’t live without food. And as you said in response to my last post, you don’t need to bother acknowledging my comments this time either. You have clearly stated your opinion.

Maybe they could play 30 second commercials for the shows on the ship tv channel so more people would know what a show is about, regarding op original premise.

They did on the Getaway three weeks ago.

Problem is it was the best 30 seconds.

Oh well, they were serving drinks, and the couple in front were having quite an interesting argument in French that they thought nobody else understood, or maybe they were too drunk to care, so it wasn’t all bad.

I have an issue with people towards the front of the venue leaving early during shows. If you know you may or may not like the show (not researching details prior) , then sit in the REAR of the venue so when you do exit then not very many people are disrupted by your exit. --

Equally annoying are the people that make an entrance 2 mins before start time and can't understand why there aren't 4 seats together front and center - thus trying to maneuver a whole row of people to make room for their party.

If I have to go to the bathroom, I'm going.

If I want to leave, I will leave. As quietly as possible.

I'm not staying for a bad show.

I'm on the Sun later this year. I get the impression that the shows are not that good compared to the bigger ships.

They aren't the mega shows for the mega ships but more variety type. We've always thought they were pretty good. On the Spirit they were only 45 minutes though so not like you'd have issues for bathroom or if the show is just o.k.

I have yet to see a cruise show that keeps the attention of a three year old (who should be in bed sleeping at that time)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, I don't like kids, and I really dislike kids at adult things. But I have to defend them on this one.

Just because the show is at 9pm doesn't mean the kid's sleeping patterns know it is 9pm. Add in various activities through the day and the possibility of way too much sugar.