Arriving at embarkation with no documents

apcci2

Showed up to check in at our last cruise, and somehow I didn't have our boarding passes. I had checked in online and printed out everything (I thought), but when we tried to enter the terminal, we had no boarding passes. Fortunately, they were very understanding; they pulled up our reservations right there and printed out new passes. Good to go!

Leave the house: Check Passports.

Every time we get gas: Check Passports

Every time we get back in the car after eating: Check Passports

Morning when we leave hotel: Check Passports

I can tell my family loves it by the way they roll their eyes and moan.

When partner and I cruise. We double check each other’s docs as we leave

Home, at airport and arrival to vessel. We also take pictures of our passports, I’d, credit cards, health insurance card, air and cruise boarding passes. And save

On phone and also email to our selfs. It a good double dose of prevention.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Several years ago we were going on the Triumph out of Galveston and my mother had left her and my step-dad's passports at home in Dallas. Luckily my daughter's boyfriend was right by their condo and he went by and picked up the passports and drove them down to them. Carnival was very understanding and actually arranged to valet their car at the port to help them make the cruise. They checked in and walked onto the ship and straight to the muster drill.

The best part of the story is 2 weeks before leaving I had suggested they give my wife and I their passports so I could finish checking them in and we would just bring them with us so they wouldn't have to worry about it. She was offended that I thought she needed someone to take care of her and told us that she had traveled all over the world and she could take care of herself. Needless to say she has let us keep their passports every time since then.

So a picture of my passport and/or birth certificate would be accepted by Carnival? I thought they had to have the actual document. If this is the case, I'm photographing everything immediately!! Great insurance policy!

No absolutely not. You are missing the point. This can expedite replacements, and having the numbers, account and phone, is essential for quick notifications. Do, you have these memorized? Having a paper "copy"/??? And what if that is lost, unreadable your separated from it??

With emailing it to yourself, at LEAST you have something.

I had not thought of scanning and emailing all the docs to myself. Most likely will next cruise.

I have an app on my phone called TripIt. All confirmations are saved there as a back-up. It even pulls confirmations directly from my email and puts them in my itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Showed up to check in at our last cruise, and somehow I didn't have our boarding passes. I had checked in online and printed out everything (I thought), but when we tried to enter the terminal, we had no boarding passes. Fortunately, they were very understanding; they pulled up our reservations right there and printed out new passes. Good to go!

This is insignificant. You do NOT need any boarding passes. There is always a secondary option to check you in for a cruise. There is always an agent with a list, that you hand over your id, and they look you up I do this frequently as I late book, with some trips only days ahead and me, already traveling.

I've had to show my boarding pass to security at port everglades, so it's not insignificant.

Roz

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

As the previous poster said there is always someone there that can check for this, it's not something that you'll be denied boarding over (and to me that makes it insignificant within the realm of the present discussion).

It may be insignificant but it can be inconvenient. I'm not interested in having to get out of the shuttle van and wait at th guard shack while someone checks to see if I'm booked.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

Passport goes in a pouch around my neck. Not having drivers license could be problematic- but I would give up excursion if I had to. Hubby and I each take two different credit cards- so if one wallet is stolen or cards have to be canceled, we would have the others as a back up.

This is one of my biggest cruise nightmares! We always drive to port, and every stop at a gas station or restaurant, I unzip my suitcase and do a document check, just for piece of mind.

This makes me feel better. I don't check at every stop, but when I am packing my stuff, I pack passports in the carry on bag. Then before we leave I move that stuff into my purse, which is with me at all times. Any time after my purse is not physically attached to my person- like after I wake up or get out of the shower, I check for them. And again before we leave the hotel to go to the port. Even if I just checked. I thought I was just completely crazy, but it sounds like there are more people like me. LOL