Carnival Panorama

arby70

Just booked the Carnival Panorama for 2020! Love the cove balconies, and they have a great deal going on now. So excited...looks to be a great ship.
I thought the prices were good too. So good I cancelled my Horizon trip at the same time for 2020 and switched it to the Panorama. For the exact same extended aft balcony cabin on the Panorama in the Family Harbor it was $1200 less then the Horizon albeit one day longer. I found that weird as the Horizon would be two years old at that point and the Panorama will be new. Very rarely do I think that cruise prices are good on new ships but this one was in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
Apparently not. At this time, she is coming straight to Long Beach.

John Heald said in a live video that the ship is too wide to fit through the Panama Canal in spite of the recent expansion. Panorama will likely be sailing without passengers around South America since the Suez effectively isn’t any wider.

That journey would take about 30 days from Barcelona even without any stops, assuming an average speed of 18 knots. At some point she’ll have to stop for fuel, and then you have the logistics of juggling enough crew members to meet certification requirements, adequately train them, and not have them be largely idle for the course of 4-5 weeks.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

This thread got me looking into the Panorama prices and the next thing you know I’m booked with a Havana Suite and Havana Cabana for 2020!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cool! Good get! I'm still surprised at the good prices considering the rise of cruise prices industry wide in general.

I am trying to wrap my head around how large this ship is!! We do those Mexican cruises every year but they have always been on smaller ships and I am not sure what that really big ship experience will be like??

We've been on the smaller Spirit class ships, the Conquest, the Triumph, and the Splendor which we are booked on again in spring of 2019.

Not sure the Panorama is for us but will take a look.