Watch your account statement on your TV like a hawk!

I love the iPad tablet stations for checking my bill, quick and easy.

Bartenders adding tips for themselves should be grounds for dismissal. That's theft in my book.

I keep all my receipts until i verify the charges on my bill.

I am always happy to give extra tips and to pay for what we have had but draw the line at theft.

Just off of Oasis. Had a great cruise' date=' but am getting really irritated with the mistakes on our account statement EVERY cruise with RCCL (charged for things we never purchased on each of our past 5 cruises) ! This time we were charged for 3 drinks (on different days) that we never purchased. Not sure how this keeps happening. We had the Replenish and soda drink packages so it was easy to see errors in the billing. There were others at Guest Services with the same issue. So make sure all of your charges were actually made by you! Beginning to wonder if this is a way for them to bring in extra income from those not paying attention! :( Happy sailing![/quote']

Thank you for the suggestion. Can you tell me who your headliner was? We are sailing in 10 days.

When we sailed on the Serenade in February, we were billed for Hubby's sodas at dinner, even though he had the soda package. We went to guest services and the person working there said, " You have to use your cup at the freestyle machine in order to not get charged." When I replied that the Serenade does not have a freestyle machine:confused:, she immediately took the charges off.

We were checking the next evening to make sure there were no more erroneous charges on our account. Our Table mates names came onto our TV screen in OUR cabin!:o

The next day just for kicks in Giggles we signed in again to our TV. This time it was in German!;p

• 3 weeks later...

Just looked over my final invoice, printed 2 AM on 4/22; and there is a random $6.14 from Boleros on there that was not there at 10PM when I checked my TV account. Redeemed one Diamond drink voucher there the entire cruise, no receipt given, nothing signed for. How odd.

When we sailed on the Serenade in February, we were billed for Hubby's sodas at dinner, even though he had the soda package. We went to guest services and the person working there said, " You have to use your cup at the freestyle machine in order to not get charged." When I replied that the Serenade does not have a freestyle machine:confused:, she immediately took the charges off.

We were checking the next evening to make sure there were no more erroneous charges on our account. Our Table mates names came onto our TV screen in OUR cabin!:o

The next day just for kicks in Giggles we signed in again to our TV. This time it was in German!;p

We have the refreshment package which includes sodas (we are leaving on our first cruise next week). I didn't know sodas could only be taken at the freestyle machines if there are any on board but I'm glad I found your post!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

We have the refreshment package which includes sodas (we are leaving on our first cruise next week). I didn't know sodas could only be taken at the freestyle machines if there are any on board but I'm glad I found your post!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

At least that is the way it is on Serenade. Enjoy your first cruise. Prepare for an addiction!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can get soda at any bar or restaurant just using your SeaPass card, you are not required to use the special cup. However, you will only have a choice of about 6 different flavors without the Freestyle machine.

You can get soda at any bar or restaurant just using your SeaPass card, you are not required to use the special cup. However, you will only have a choice of about 6 different flavors without the Freestyle machine.

That is what we thought too, but every night there was a charge for his dining room soda. When we asked about the charges, the guest services lady said we had to get it from the freestyle machine. I pointed out there was not one on Serenade. She finally called a supervisor and the charges were removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is what we thought too, but every night there was a charge for his dining room soda. When we asked about the charges, the guest services lady said we had to get it from the freestyle machine. I pointed out there was not one on Serenade. She finally called a supervisor and the charges were removed.

Someone was either not trained properly or trying to nudge up their numbers.

Just looked over my final invoice, printed 2 AM on 4/22; and there is a random $6.14 from Boleros on there that was not there at 10PM when I checked my TV account. Redeemed one Diamond drink voucher there the entire cruise, no receipt given, nothing signed for. How odd.
It sounds like the replacement mini bar water phantom charge.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Thank you Bob.

On Freedom in June we had the Deluxe Drinks Package and in Chops Grill the waiter insisted we had to pay for the bottled water.

I had a print out of what was included in the package in our cabin and next morning went to guest services.

At first they said the payment was correct then i produced the evidence and they immediately cancelled the water charge and the extra wine charge over the $13 DP limit.

The moral is get yourself a print out of what is included in your package as evidence if you are charged for something you shouldn't be charged for.

Graham.

. I also keep all receipts when we put something on our sea pass card in the event there is an error on their posting.

You not having the receipt doesn't prove there was no purchase. If that was the case, I would just throw all mine in the bin and dispute all on-board charges for the whole cruise ;)

You not having the receipt doesn't prove there was no purchase. If that was the case, I would just throw all mine in the bin and dispute all on-board charges for the whole cruise ;)
You have to sign for everything and your receipts are your records in case of a dispute.

You have to sign for everything and your receipts are your records in case of a dispute.

No, the copy you signed and retained by them is their record in case of dispute. You not having a receipt proves zero.

No, the copy you signed and retained by them is their record in case of dispute. You not having a receipt proves zero.
I personally keep all my receipts,cruise confirmation which shows any obc and pre paid gratuitys and a print out of whats on a drinks package.

Be Prepared is my motto.

Anyone who doesn't keep their receipts leaves themselves in a vulnerable position in a dispute situation.

I have not seen a way to access my account on t he tv on the Grandeur at least- although i could many years ago. Can someone tell me how to do so?

I've not seen the interactive TV function on Vision class ships.

Thank you Bob.

On Freedom in June we had the Deluxe Drinks Package and in Chops Grill the waiter insisted we had to pay for the bottled water.

I had a print out of what was included in the package in our cabin and next morning went to guest services.

At first they said the payment was correct then i produced the evidence and they immediately cancelled the water charge and the extra wine charge over the $13 DP limit.

The moral is get yourself a print out of what is included in your package as evidence if you are charged for something you shouldn't be charged for.

Graham.

This is ridiculous that you have to prove to the crew that water is included in the package. Something strange going on there.

You know, we've never "watched" our charges....and so far, so good. We also don't watch our credit card billing on an hourly basis, or our checking account, etc, either. I've got better things to do. If there IS an erroneous charge, I'll let them know, and it's taken care of. I refuse to stress about this more than once monthly.

You should give the OP your email address so you can be their cyber life coach.