Watch your account statement on your TV like a hawk!

Just off of Oasis. Had a great cruise, but am getting really irritated with the mistakes on our account statement EVERY cruise with RCCL (charged for things we never purchased on each of our past 5 cruises) ! This time we were charged for 3 drinks (on different days) that we never purchased. Not sure how this keeps happening. We had the Replenish and soda drink packages so it was easy to see errors in the billing. There were others at Guest Services with the same issue. So make sure all of your charges were actually made by you! Beginning to wonder if this is a way for them to bring in extra income from those not paying attention! :( Happy sailing!

Our problem has been getting OBC applied to our account correctly. There have been discrepancies on what "should be" and what "as applied" to our account. You get the "we need to email HQ to verify what should be on your account"

Just watching the daily charges on the tv may not be enough. On our last cruise on Liberty, everything on the tv was correct as of the last night but when we got the final printed version slipped under the door the final morning, there was a bogus charge for Izumi. Thankfully, the line at guest services was short.

You know, we've never "watched" our charges....and so far, so good. We also don't watch our credit card billing on an hourly basis, or our checking account, etc, either. I've got better things to do. If there IS an erroneous charge, I'll let them know, and it's taken care of. I refuse to stress about this more than once monthly.

Oh, we do this! On the Liberty a few years ago, they still charged us for towels but we had returned them all. I remember reading on here how everyone was being charged for water. It's a hassle, but I refused to pay for something that is incorrect on my bill.

Our problem has been getting OBC applied to our account correctly. There have been discrepancies on what "should be" and what "as applied" to our account. You get the "we need to email HQ to verify what should be on your account"

If you PRINT your confirmation your OBC is listed and you just would need to show your printed copy. I never cruise without printed confirmations of all transactions prior to cruise. I also keep all receipts when we put something on our sea pass card in the event there is an error on their posting. Have noticed in past errors/charges appeared from theater drink purchases. They always removed the charges. Since the no longer stock the cooler/frigs don't have to worry about being charged for water we didn't drink.

I was on Explorer last week. 5 times we had drinks that were covered by our package charged to our account. I have spoken to others on our roll call who had the same issue, and also the above mentioned issue of towels being charged.

Now I dont advocate spending your whole vacation glued to the TV checking your account, but every few days (or at least before you disembark) it is definitely worth checking.

We mentioned this on our survey as it was certainly annoying having to waste time getting this straightened out. But I would rather it gets fixed on the ship before I settle my account.

You know, we've never "watched" our charges....and so far, so good. We also don't watch our credit card billing on an hourly basis, or our checking account, etc, either. I've got better things to do. If there IS an erroneous charge, I'll let them know, and it's taken care of. I refuse to stress about this more than once monthly.

Come on cb at sea, they are being nice and trying to help, if you choose not to be advised so be it, but be nice to the newbies.

I have also had charges from both RCCL and Celebrity that we’re not ours, and we never had an issue having them removed. This does happen more often than it should, and not sure how or why. We have been charged for room service, and always sail in an upper end suite so how and why this happens who knows. We don’t spend our vacation worrying about it, but we do alway catch it and have the fake charges removed.

Thanks crusin’2 for the warning!

I got back from Anthem of the Seas and had problems with a specialty coffee package I bought for my wife. Even though it included 15 drinks, we were being charged for each purchase. Guest Services told us that these would be automatically credited back on the last day up to 15 drinks. Lies, because it was not. However, it just seems to me on the last day they just want to get everybody off the ship. Any reasonable complain just gets credited. They listened to my story, then asked how much was i supposed to be credited. I told them, they went to the back and done.

I had the opposite problem one time. I usually bring enough cash to pay off our bill on the ship but on one cruise we were staying in Miami for a few days after the cruise so I wanted to keep some cash on me so I left about $500 on the credit card. It was never charged.:o

We had errors on our account while on the Oasis in March... several actually. They were resolved by guest services without a problem but still annoying to have to wait in line. The charges totaled approximately $50 and mostly drinks despite having the drink package.

Due to the wonderful advice on these boards, my last two cruises have been cash accounts. And there were no erroneous charges made to my acct.

Just curious as the ratio of mistakes to credit cards, versus cash.

Also curious tip ratio to drink packages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I got charged for drinks from the MDR on the Oasis when I did not even ordered it. Went to dispute it at the guest relation desk to resolve it. Scary thoughts is that they are able to charge into your account even without having your seapass card.

Seaspass is like a credit card on the ship and imagine back on land at home if others can charge to your credit card account without having your physical credit card or even if they know your credit card number charging without knowing the verification code on the back of it and not knowing the expiration date and name on the card.

We were on the Serenade in January. We would turn our towels in every day and have them verify we didn't have any out, and we were always told we had turned them all in. We would also check our account in our room each day, and there were never any towel charges. At 10:30 the last night, we checked our account to make sure there were no charges that shouldn't be on there, and we were being charged for three towels! Earlier when we checked at 6:00 pm, these charges weren't on there. Went to Guest Services who told us they couldn't do anything about it and we'd have to talk to the pool people, and they would only be there until ll:00 pm. The pool person looked up our account and said "You have no towels out, you've turned them all in." We said we know this, but Guess Services woudn't do anything to help us out. He called them for us and they finally removed them from our account. We were very thankful the pool person was still available for us. Don't know what would have happened otherwise. We understand mistakes happen, that's why you should always check your account.

As previously stated, not all ships have interactive menus. But when they do, I check mine daily.

Many times we have had a final bill on the last morning, which checked out fine, but get home and find those awful mini bar charges for soda/etc. Page forward and now just those bottles of water for sale, which of course also ended up on our bill AFTER we left the ship. :mad:

Finally had enough and set my account to cash, no more problems. However now, thankfully RCI finally listened to us with all the complaints and took those last hold out, over priced water bottles out also. Back to credit card, and no problems since. :halo:

How can 25 cruises without problem be minority?

Confused about what 25 cruises had to do with the issue being discussed. So glad you have never had a problem. Others have and thanks to OP for advising of an issue.

Confused about what 25 cruises had to do with the issue being discussed. So glad you have never had a problem. Others have and thanks to OP for advising of an issue.

The comment was in context of someone saying that, based on some responses here, the majority of cruisers have experienced repeated erroneous charges.

Others, like cruisinfanatic, have weighed in saying they haven't had the same experiences. I, too, have been on dozens of cruises spanning two handfuls of different lines and never had a single erroneous charges on my onboard account.

It's disconcerting that the OP has reported erroneous charges on every single one of their cruises. It's difficult to wrap my head around someone getting wrongly charged every single time and others never getting wrongly charged.

It's absolutely good advice to review your account so that if there is something amiss it can be addressed.

It's disingenuous to purport that it's a rampant pervasive money-making hoax when there is such a divergent interjection of experiences.

However, the claims of such will go on since its the fodder that fuels the hungry grumbler (and those nibblers desperate for their crumbs)..