Haven access for other family members

ssremodel

I want to book an aft Haven penthouse for my husband and I, and then book the adjoining aft balcony cabin for my 16 year old daughter and her friend. Per NCL rules, one person over the age of 18 needs to be in each room. So I would have to list it when booking as me and one minor in the Haven cabin, and my husband with the other minor in the balcony. So how would that work with the Haven? Does that mean that if my husbands name is on the balcony cabin, that he won’t be allowed in the Haven or the haven restaurant? Would my daughter and her friend not be allowed? How would Norwegian handle this situation, because technically I could put all four of us in the Haven aft penthouse and save money, but I’m choosing to buy another balcony cabin for even more room and I feel all 4 of us should have access to all Haven perks.

Edited by ssremodel

Those booked in the suite have Haven access. Those not booked in the suite do not have Haven access.

The days of "...adjoining guests also get access.." are no more. The concierge has the final word but don't expect him/her to make an exception. If the Haven is important, put all 4 in the suite.

Those booked in the suite have Haven access. Those not booked in the suite do not have Haven access.

The days of "...adjoining guests also get access.." are no more. The concierge has the final word but don't expect him/her to make an exception. If the Haven is important, put all 4 in the suite.

I understand what you’re sayimg but it’s ridiculous. It would mean that only I would have Haven access and my husband wouldn’t, when in reality we are staying in the Haven suite together and only separate on paper. The main reason I want the aft suite is because it has a separate bedroom, but we both deserve to get the perks that go with it, not just one of us just because they won’t let us list two 16 year olds in the room next to us without an adult. Also why would I have to squeeze 4 people into the room to all get access? I’m actually paying Norwegian more money by getting the extra balcony cabin next to it. So the rules are saying 4 of us can have access if we stay together in the aft, but only 2 can have it if I spend another $4500 for the balcony next to it. Makes no sense. Yes I could go for the 2 bedroom Haven suite, but I get sea sick if I’m forward and prefer aft. Plus the 2 bedroom has a teeny balcony.

I understand what you’re sayimg but it’s ridiculous. It would mean that only I would have Haven access and my husband wouldn’t, when in reality we are staying in the Haven suite together and only separate on paper. The main reason I want the aft suite is because it has a separate bedroom, but we both deserve to get the perks that go with it, not just one of us just because they won’t let us list two 16 year olds in the room next to us without an adult. Also why would I have to squeeze 4 people into the room to all get access? I’m actually paying Norwegian more money by getting the extra balcony cabin next to it. So the rules are saying 4 of us can have access if we stay together in the aft, but only 2 can have it if I spend another $4500 for the balcony next to it. Makes no sense. Yes I could go for the 2 bedroom Haven suite, but I get sea sick if I’m forward and prefer aft. Plus the 2 bedroom has a teeny balcony.

Norwegian will make more money if you book all four in the suite because they will sell the cabin next to it to someone else.

NCL doesn't care which two in your family that get access to the Haven so it may be possible to get access for the adult booked in the cabin next to the suite instead of for the teenager booked in the suite. It's probably up to the concierge to decide so I'm not sure that it can be preapproved.

If you want all 4 to have access, put all 4 in the aft suite. We have one booked for 4 of us on the Breakaway. Would we like 2 separate cabins? Sure, but we also want to guarantee Haven access for all of us without paying for 2 Haven rooms. We chose deck 9, which has the biggest balconies, so we have more space.

This is debated here all the time. I assume since its an aft suite this is a Jewel class ship and this suite does not have access to the Haven but has the perks of priority boarding and eating breakfast at Moderno/Cagneys. If this is the case I would bet this is not a problem at all. I don't see NCL breaking up a family just because you are paying more money for an extra cabin. However this is the decision of the concierge. If Haven access was involved, I would not think it would be possible. But the simple perks of the suite to keep everyone together during boarding and eating? Of course.

This sounds like it would be too easy of a solution...... and since I've never seen it discussed on here before maybe it is too dumb an idea that people didn't think of it ☺

Can 1 passenger book 2 cabins (be the primary on both)? It would work in your case because if you book your daughter and friend in suite then 3/4 travel free and you would pay single occupancy surcharge on the other cabin thus a wash as far as cost to you go. I'm thinking somewhere at sometime there have been people who want a "deluxe" balcony room by combing 2 connecting rooms.... we've done it with hotels for large family events.

This is debated here all the time. I assume since its an aft suite this is a Jewel class ship and this suite does not have access to the Haven but has the perks of priority boarding and eating breakfast at Moderno/Cagneys. If this is the case I would bet this is not a problem at all. I don't see NCL breaking up a family just because you are paying more money for an extra cabin. However this is the decision of the concierge. If Haven access was involved, I would not think it would be possible. But the simple perks of the suite to keep everyone together during boarding and eating? Of course.

This would not be a Jewel class since all Haven on Jewel class are actually in the Haven area and no aft Haven.

The other clue is "tiny" 2BR balconies so likely BA or GA.

Look at it this way too. If just the 4 of you sail, yes they get more money from you, however if they get you to pack into one cabin then they may get less from you however they will make it up by having more people on board that they can sell things like drink and dining packages, excursions, photos... Ect

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

It may not be Jewel class. Epic, BA, GA, and Escape all have Haven aft penthouses with full access to the Haven. They all also seem to have regular aft penthouses cabins attached.

If it is the Escape, GA, BA -- why not book the H4 room which has 2 separate bedrooms and bathrooms, with a connected living room. It's not a aft balcony but then everyone gets into the Haven.

Your request makes sense but it doesn't follow the rules, so I doubt they will approve it regardless how much you paid, etc.. etc... etc...

If it is the Escape, GA, BA -- why not book the H4 room which has 2 separate bedrooms and bathrooms, with a connected living room. It's not a aft balcony but then everyone gets into the Haven.

Your request makes sense but it doesn't follow the rules, so I doubt they will approve it regardless how much you paid, etc.. etc... etc...

OP addresses the H4 idea in post #3

OP, if you want access for all 4 of you, you will just have to save some money and put the 4 of you in the suite. On a flight, would you expect to move your child in coach to an empty seat in first, just because you are flying in first?

You should not expect them to make exceptions. They really cannot,

The other thing to remember is that customer service will give you the second key for the room you really plan on staying in. I really doubt they will make a second key with Haven Access. Last cruise we were on our conseigure told us that they have been getting a lot of grief about non haven people in the haven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I want to book an aft Haven penthouse for my husband and I, and then book the adjoining aft balcony cabin for my 16 year old daughter and her friend. Per NCL rules, one person over the age of 18 needs to be in each room. So I would have to list it when booking as me and one minor in the Haven cabin, and my husband with the other minor in the balcony. So how would that work with the Haven? Does that mean that if my husbands name is on the balcony cabin, that he won’t be allowed in the Haven or the haven restaurant? Would my daughter and her friend not be allowed? How would Norwegian handle this situation, because technically I could put all four of us in the Haven aft penthouse and save money, but I’m choosing to buy another balcony cabin for even more room and I feel all 4 of us should have access to all Haven perks.

When it's family traveling together, they usually let the "kids" be close or next to the parents cabin without having to book a parent in each one.

Why would someone book a balcony that connects to

The Haven Suite - Connecting Stateroom (H8) (assuming you book both)

If the connecting balcony room doesnt get haven access?

The thought process is that (for ex.) grandparents can be booked in the suite and a family of 4 (daughter, son-in-law, grand-kids) booked in the connecting balcony. The whole family can hang together in the staterooms but the grandparents have the Haven access.

We booked a cruise on Getaway a month or so before sailing and had a Forward suite with a CONNECTING balcony- all the H4 were gone. The kids were allowed to be booked into the cabin and were automatically granted Haven access because they were minors and it was a connecting balcony, making it a big suite in NCl eyes I suppose. This was less than 2 years ago.

The concierge explained to us that adjacent balconies would not be eligible as they had been in the past because of complaints. I dont know who complined

I was going to get two PH in Haven but this configuration worked very well and made one big suite.

OP doesnt like forward, so if this configuration IS still possible , the location and tiny balcony make the point moot.