Cruise weddings

Deedee1972

hi there,

I am new to cruising but am looking to get married on a cruise liner in 2020 hopefully somewhere in the Caribbean. Has anyone had any experience of this or has anyone got any advice of the best ships etc ? Thank you in advance

D

The cruise lines do enough weddings to be familiar with what is needed.

The cruise lines that allow weddings to be performed on board, whether at sea or in port, contract out for this function. Talk about bureaucracy . . . It isn't quick, it isn't easy, and it isn't inexpensive to acquire all documents and apostilles you'll need.

Do visit the weddings boards.

I'm sure this will be on the special Wedding site, but I do know that P&O and Cunard which are registered in Bermuda, have weddings on board. Princess used to when she was part of P&O, and I think those ships are also still registered to Bermuda, so also can have marriages on board. P&O use sea days for the weddings.

I'm sure this will be on the special Wedding site, but I do know that P&O and Cunard which are registered in Bermuda, have weddings on board. Princess used to when she was part of P&O, and I think those ships are also still registered to Bermuda, so also can have marriages on board. P&O use sea days for the weddings.

Some of Princess' ships are UK flag, and so they cannot do weddings. Also, I believe Bermudan law is similar to the Bahamian law regarding ship's Captains performing weddings, in that the individual Captain has to apply for the license to perform weddings, so not every Captain on a Bermudan flag ship or Bahamian flag ship can do weddings.

I got married on P&O’s Azura in July 2015. It was honestly amazing and the best thing I ever did. P&O can only marry you on sea days so in a two week cruise there are about 4 or 5 sea days and I’m sure they can do 3 weddings each day. We were married by the captain who was fabulous and is in lots of our photos. You have a wedding planner onboard, ours was a German lady called Veronika and she was excellent, nothing was a problem, any questions you had she would go out her way to answer them. And with it being a sea wedding the photographs you get are just so gorgeous. We got married in the Med not the Caribbean which would also be beautiful. P&O can do weddings on all ships except the Britannia because she was registered to the UK so doesn’t have a licence. I would recommend it to anyone. Initially I tried to get information for weddings from Royal Caribbean but they are hopeless. They have no UK based wedding department they are in Miami and mostly correspond by email. They are not very quick at all in responding and when you do get a reply they don’t even answer the question you had asked in the first place. It just put me off as I thought, if this is how helpful you are before I’ve even booked it, I’d hate to see what you are like once you have my money!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Keep this in mind if you are planning to invite friends and family you REALLY want to be part of your wedding some may not be in a position to afford the expense of the cruise or even going to the port of embarkation, if you planned to have a pre-departure wedding on board. Friends of the family were planning something similar, but many friends and relatives said they would not be able to participate, so they scrapped the idea and just went on the cruise for their honey moon.

• 2 weeks later...