Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Yesterday, the TV columnist for our newspaper reported that Lifetime had decided to delay the new season of PR to January ‘09. Evidently, the original plan was to bring the show back for a new season in November, fairly quickly after its Bravo finale in October. But Lifetime decided to insert more lead time to build up anticipation for the show’s relaunch.

Probably a smart move. I initially liked the idea of them coming back instantly on Lifetime, but now I'm good to wait until January and have something to look forward to...

I still kind of hoping that they stick with the "rumor" that my sources have been buzzing about that they'll do an "All-Star" season.

Are you sure that isn't Stella's show, tho? Awful lot of leather. LOL
I thought Joe's final collection at Bryant Park (even though he was a decoy) was very cool. He definitely made his style work.

Well, Joe's design style has always been a strong motorcycle/motocross/athletic perspective. Sleathah's was just rock pants and vests. Remember that she can't do skirts, dresses, or pretty - and I think that Joe pulled off some really hawt and beautiful ones here in his collection. I would actually purchase a lot of those pieces for FMCJW.

I voted on Bravo TV's web site for the $10,000 fan favorite. All of the designers photos are posted there and I puzzled and puzzled over it -- who to vote for? nobody really stands out -- and then I voted for . . . Stella! To be as annoying and whiny as she was to start with, she REALLY turned out pretty cool and had a good sense of humor and seemed like she really wanted to help Blayne in the last challenge. Kellie

Oh my gawsh! I was totally thinking about who I would vote for this year! No one was really jumping out at me, but that's a really hysterical idea. I'd totally vote for her. She ended up being really sweet, and strong, and I do know that Tim Gunn absolutely adored her as a human being (heard this from two sources that he talked to them about how absolutely sweet she was as a person).

Based on that, I'm gonna vote for her.

Or maybe I should vote for Kelli, who I feel was aufed far too soon?:confused:

Now I'm confused again! LOL!:D

So Jerrell's was not my favorite outfit last night, but I thought he did a good job on the overall makeover so I'm not upset with the win.

I LURVED Korto's outfit and am very tempted to go to the Box Turtle this weekend to meet her.

I definitely agree that it was Joe's time to go, although I think Suede is past his use by date as well.

I thought Jerell's design looked fabulous when she was moving in it and the total transformation was the best this week .. I think the Photo is not good .. It almost looks ill fitted.

Korto's was amazing again .. I really loved the style of the jacket.

I disagreed with the Judges on the jacket on leanne's design except to say that she was designing for an elementary school teacher and not for the School Board position. Lovely though.

I love vintage as much as anyone .. and much more than some .. but I just don't get Kenleys take on it .. I didn't like her what does Tim know attitude .. but I will give her points for paying attention to the fact that she was going to be a buyer .. we will just assume not at Saks or Nieman.

Joe's was boring ... I would have worn that to my early accounting jobs in the 70s and Suede just blew it .. either could have gone ..

I really liked Jerell's outfit. I could definitely see myself wearing that in a modified fashion..... I liked Korto's too, but not as much. Kenley's was just more of the same old same old, although well done.

I feel Leann got the short end of the stick. She looked like she had done a lot of work and had such a cute top -- then she went back and reworked it all. While the final design wasn't bad, I did get the feeling it wasn't as good as she would've made it without the "interference." But then again, as has been said in the past, part of being a good designer is to keep your aesthetic and I think this is the 2nd challenge when she's either been talked into doing something different or second-guessed herself. I hope she gets over that!!

I'm hoping for a Leann/Korto/Jerell final three.

like cruise mom, I would also like to see Jerrell, Leanne and Korto in the final three

I agree with the general consensus that Leanne should have made the top 3...I actually agree with Jerrell as the winner, but I think Leanne should have been second and Korto third...then Kenley should have been 4th

I also agree with Joe's being voted off this week, though he was one of my favorites at the beginning of the season...like many have noted, Joe was inconsistent, and he truly did a bad job this week...Suede's design was marginally better, to it was fair that he got to stay over Joe...I feel like Suede is very much in danger of being the next one voted off...if next week's challenge is about hip hop design, then Joe will have an advantage over Kenley for sure, and maybe even Leanne as well

When I saw the dress, I knew it had to be Christian's... it was. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the image here. It was the one Heidi wore that was wraps of color -- starting with electric yellow at the top and melding into blues and greys. Fabulous!

Well, here's a link to a little video about his recent show. the dress is seen.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2008/09/backstage_at_christian_siriano.html

And, boy, does Tim give Christian major, major props.

I thought that dress was gorgeous .. but that she seemed to be walking strangely .. then I see today that she was fairly well bruised by the skit where Bergeron dropped her (on purpose of course) and it made a lot more sense.

I think the wrong person went home this evening. Attitude alone should have aufed her!

Yeah, but I can't believe it took them this long to get rid of Mr. Third Person.:cool:

From the previews for next week's show.......whatever they are worth:rolleyes:.....she is worse next week.

I think they will auf Kenley next week (because of her mouth!), leaving Jerrell, Leanne, and Korto for the top three.

Anyone else agree?

Yeah, but I can't believe it took them this long to get rid of Mr. Third Person.:cool:

From the previews for next week's show.......whatever they are worth:rolleyes:.....she is worse next week.

I think they will auf Kenley next week (because of her mouth!), leaving Jerrell, Leanne, and Korto for the top three.

Anyone else agree?

I sure do hope so:eek: ...omg.....Kenley is...she is a .......

She argues with the judges EVERY WEEK. I saw the preview

for the next challenge as well:rolleyes: ....the girl has

GOT TO GO!

No big surprise, Suede is auf'd. Although he was kind of endearing in the end and (unlike some of the other designers), it seemed like he really did try to "sell" the look that Korto designed for him.

Kenley....well, what can I say? I think with every challenge she gets more misguidedly sure of herself. I was laughing my head off at her statements, such as "I don't think Tim gets me...."

And finally, a word about the models. What was the point of making a big deal about "re-picking" the models if they weren't even going to be using them for this challenge? And speaking of, is it just me or have they actually used the models even less than usual this season? Really.....I suppose it makes for better television but I think the show is straying from representing anything like a "real" challenge that most designers might face....

While I am happy that Suede is gone, I still wanted Kenley gone before him. Her attitude alone is infuriating, and she didn't do anything remotely close to hip hop. At least Suede's version of rock and roll was just boring - it was in the right ballpark. And it fit well. Kenley's high-waisted jeans didn't.

I really, really, really hope that she is auf'd next week, because I can't stand the thought of her being one of the final three. The final three should be Leanne, Korto, and Jerell. And, after watching the entire season, I think it is the right final three, with the possible exception of Terri for Jerell. However, Jerell has really turned it on the last few weeks, so I have no issues with it if it comes to be. If Kenley is in it, I'm really going to have issues with the producers, because that is the only reason why she would stay.

I've just started watching PR this summer, and saw three episodes last night. I guess I'm caught up!

Kenley is horrible ... another Omarosa. Doesn't it seem like every reality show has someone like that? I watched Design Star on HGTV this summer & there was another loud mouthed, egotistical competitor there as well.

As a sewer myself, I find it amazing that they can come up with a concept, pick the fabric, cut, stitch, fit in such a short period of time. Whether they are creating something avant garde or not, they do have some talent.

Well, I absolutely lurved this challenge!

One of my favorites from previous seasons is when Season Two had to design a makeover for each other...

0ee9f2b3fae679a9d6b82e560d24af58.jpg

Chloe won for her design for Nick, which you can't see but has pink pinstripes and a great bright pink on the back of the vest that you see when he turned around.

And look! Santino was three seasons ahead of the jumpsuit trend with his outfit for Kara!

That being said, I have to completely disagree with my good friend here...:p

PR jumped the shark with that challenge: Design an outfit for someone you're competing against influenced by a music style that person doesn't even like. Forget Suede, the person going home should have been whoever came up with that dopey idea.

I thought this took that challenge and took it up one more level, by having a random musical inspiration assigned. It was a very difficult challenge.

I do have a lot of knowledge of musical fashion, so it was even more fun for me personally.

The actual challenge was to design an outfit for another designer, and each was randomly chosen from the button bag.

Then, they were assigned a musical style as an inspiration point.

What I am going to say is that the producer's really messed up on this aspect...

The problem is that again, they did not completely explain the point or the rules of the challenge.

Were they to just design an every day outfit influenced by a musical genre?

Was it to design a red carpet look for a musical award show?

Was it to design a stage outfit for a musical celebrity?

All of the designers did one of these, but no one ever said which one they were supposed to be designing for...

The judges took it to mean to design the most outlandish "stereotypical" stage outfit. And can I say, that none of them really know anything about this. Even Heidi's husband Seal wears conservative musical clothes.

One of the things that they complain about every challenge, designing a "cliche" is exactly what they rewarded this challenge!

And LL Cool J (who I happen to like in general) does not know anything about Rock, Punk, or Country clothing design either.

He's really only qualified to judge for Hip Hop and Pop.

So great challenge idea, bad producer execution. Again, I wonder if they purposely leave the challenge instructions vague - in order to have more leeway in aufing who they want that week.

That way they can tell the judges what the judging criteria they want at the last minute before the judging.

I will say that my favorite moment of the episode is when Tim Gunn walked into the room after the designers had their hair and makeup done for the runway. He literally lost his thoughts and didn't know what he walked in to say.:D

So, again, I'll appreciate your patience until I'm done posting the pictures.

I will post the aufed person's Fashion Week line afterwards.

Here we go...

And Korto wins!

rate_511_suede.jpg

Her client was Suede, and her look was "Punk".

I did like this, but I do think that Jerell should have won by a tiny margin.

First of all I will absolutely say that I lurv, lurv, lurv those pants!

I would wear those. They fit really well, and as I've talked about before - pants are among the most difficult to make and fit well.

The combination of the slightly metallic denim, and the distressed bleach were a fashion forward combo.

(Think how difficult it is for you ladies to find jeans that fit you "just right").

I do think that Suede absolutely sold this the most on the runway, had the most fun and dramatic makeover, and worked this 110% for Korto.

I think that is what edged her for the win, and the judges didn't even realize how much Suede added points for Korto in their subconscious.

I do like her as a person though, smart and sassy, but kind.

Jerell is second.

rate_511_kenley.jpg

His client was Kenley, and his look was "Pop".

Perfect. Britney Spears. PussyCat Dolls. Red Carpet and Stage appropriate.

Kenley is so different, she's a bit unrecognizable here.

Great job from Jerell. Great fit (the "girls" would not have been any problem for any of the PussyCat Dolls;)).

This was more "legitimate" to me than Korto's design. Tons of actual Pop Stars would wear this as is.

I don't really know any "Punks" that would wear Korto's shirt. The pants, absolutely, the shirt absolutely not.

But then again, the judges don't know what they're talking about or judging here.:(

Leanne is third.

rate_511_korto.jpg

Her client is Korto, and her look was "Country".

I like this. I think that she has made Korto look really cute, sexy, and this is so very flattering on her body.

She looks a dress size smaller than she normally does, yet it shows off all of her wonderful feminine curves.

Now, she designed for a more casual look. She specifically did not do an over the top stage outfit. She specifically didn't want this to look "too costume-y".

But the judges apparently wanted more Dolly Parton, as I guess that's all they know about country. Sigh.

There are quite a few more conservative country stars that would wear this for a day look, or a red carpet country award.

Not the best, but definitely the judges missed the mark in their comments and it wasn't as bad as they thought it was.