Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I agree - looking through the designs, Gordana's was pretty. I didn't remember liking Jerell's, but SeaBunny was right - looking at it again, his was TERRIBLE. At any rate, he deserved to be in the bottom three. I really thought Austin should have gone, but Jerell's, I think, may be even worse.

I did not agree with Mila in the bottom 3 - in fact, I thought she was going to be in the top 3 and Kenley in the bottom! Maybe it was just the color? I could totally see Miss Piggy rock the 60's look and look good in it (kind of weird to say that about a muppet...)

The only dresses I could see Miss Piggy wearing would have been Rami's or Kendra's.

My least favorites were Michael (the winner :confused::rolleyes:) and Austin. Both of them looked like bad classroom projects to me.

The rest of them weren't all that much better, I expected more of Mondo and missed seeing something just crazy wild from him.

Where were the feather boas, the huge head pieces (Kendra got it), the over the top jewels? Miss Piggy is flamboyant, glitzy and sexy. Over all, the contestants just didn't go far enough and played it safe.

I did not agree with Mila in the bottom 3 - in fact, I thought she was going to be in the top 3 and Kenley in the bottom! Maybe it was just the color? I could totally see Miss Piggy rock the 60's look and look good in it (kind of weird to say that about a muppet...)

I remember reading somewhere that the choices aren't always about the designs but who the producers want in the top and bottom. Mila had kind of a crappy attitude in this episode, criticizing the friendship between two of the contestants on more than one occasion. Maybe the producers felt she needed a dose of humility to take her down a peg.

I remember reading somewhere that the choices aren't always about the designs but who the producers want in the top and bottom. Mila had kind of a crappy attitude in this episode, criticizing the friendship between two of the contestants on more than one occasion. Maybe the producers felt she needed a dose of humility to take her down a peg.

Plus the dress she made was nowhere near what the "challenge" was intended to be for the week.

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I always wonder how the contestants can keep their mouths shut for so many months, I'd have a hard time with that :p

From what I understand, these shows take about 4-6 weeks to tape (the whole season) and are aired months after completion. Plenty of time for editing.

Edited by Happy ks

Plus the dress she made was nowhere near what the "challenge" was intended to be for the week.

It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I always wonder how the contestants can keep their mouths shut for so many months, I'd have a hard time with that :p

From what I understand, these shows take about 4-6 weeks to tape (the whole season) and are aired months after completion. Plenty of time for editing.

I would have a hard time also.... not so much because I'd be dying to tell people, but I'd be worried about letting things slip :o

The judges didn't really follow the challenge guidelines IMO. Ms Piggy is all about plunging necklines and cinched waists.

By that token, Rami should have won (though I suspect Ms. Piggy already has that dress in her closet). And Kenly in the top (I felt she did the best job of mixing her style with Ms Piggy's, but then they are a lot alike).

If nothing else, Gordana's dress was perfect cruise wear -- light and breezy.

I am convinced she is gone only because the producers felt she didn't "give good TV." I don't know why they asked her back.

I always go back and look once more:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/season-1/rate-the-runway/episode-4#id=1

Four weeks -- four women gone. Not that I can argue too much with this week. Except Jerell's "safe" was spectacularly off the hook in an ugly/overdone way IMO. He could go any week.

But Michael's caftan the winner? Seriously? It was so far below Mondo's as to be subterranean. Isn't this his third win? What is going on?

You just know that supermodel is looking for the smallest "industry event" she can to wear that tent of a dress. haha

Actually, I thought Rami's and Austin's designs were the nicest (even though I personally hate vivid greens -- but that was the gelato).

And, it seems Heidi will no longer be Mrs. Seal.

I always go back and look once more:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/season-1/rate-the-runway/episode-4#id=1

Four weeks -- four women gone. Not that I can argue too much with this week. Except Jerell's "safe" was spectacularly off the hook in an ugly/overdone way IMO. He could go any week.

But Michael's caftan the winner? Seriously? It was so far below Mondo's as to be subterranean. Isn't this his third win? What is going on?

You just know that supermodel is looking for the smallest "industry event" she can to wear that tent of a dress. haha

Actually, I thought Rami's and Austin's designs were the nicest (even though I personally hate vivid greens -- but that was the gelato).

And, it seems Heidi will no longer be Mrs. Seal.

If there have only been 4 episodes then I think it is Michael's second win.... Rami and Austin have each won a challenge. I agree Mondo should have won this week, and he always seems to take it well.

I also think it is interesting that the men are winning and women are leaving, but I can't say all the decisions have been wrong.

Is the breakup official? I heard rumors on some talk shows but wasn't sure.

I disagree, I loved Michael's dress and would love to own it. Mondo's was okay, but nothing I would wear because of those colors. The design was nice but Michael's was outstanding. I'm glad to see April go, it was way overdue. I don't think she even deserved to be on Allstars.

It's my opinion that they're doing what they always do -- keeping back some of the better designers for the earlier shows so that they can "surge" forward at the end....at least I hope so. I am rooting for Mondo, so far.

Michael's dress looked like a robe. Literally -- it looked like the very nice robe I bought for my honeymoon umpteen million years ago in the 1980s. Just way oversized and not very flattering. Whereas Mondo's kaftan gave such a slim silhouette -- very unusual. And as to color, well, he did have to work with cantaloupe!

Re: April versus Kara; I thought Kara's was far worse. I think (despite what the judges say) that they almost never judge completely on that week's look alone. They must look at everything, and if that's the case I've got no issue with April leaving.

Why do I never remember what Jerrell made?

There were several this week that I could have chosen from to go home. I liked the direction April was going in, but her execution was pretty pathetic. I really thought Kara would be axed this week and was a bit shocked when they announced she was safe. Her execution and design was sloppy.

I was not crazy for Michaels dress once again and really thought Mondo had a mire unique design and originality. The winning dress looked more like a robe to go over a negligee from a 60's spy movie.

Not only do I not recall Jerell the next day, I don't remember much about the judges either. And I really miss Tim Gunn!

• 2 weeks later...

What the???? They send Rami home!?!

Watching the runway show I really thought Kendra (is that her name?) was out, then hearing the judges comments....whaaaat! It looked like a romper my mother dressed me in when I was 4 years old. I thought Mondo's looked great and they ripped it apart.

I do think Rami's top was a bit hideous but nowhere near as bad as the romper.

For once I noticed Jerrell, with the drama of the week. I have to agree with him, I think Michael was totally ripping off his look, not that it was so original.

This season is just not what it usually is, no humor with the judges during their discussions, I miss Tim Gunn! I've seen the new show he's on, Revolution, pretty boring. Go back to Project Runway Tim!

Edited by Happy ks

I had a feeling the face-off was going to be a bad idea in the end.... I was thinking what if, for example, both summers were great and both winters are awful? Then what would the judges do?

Well, they did end up kind of boxed in and really having no clear winner in any of the seasons, based on their comments..... no one really liked either of the spring models. In fact it seemed like the judges couldn't agree on much and Rami was far from being the worst.

We have a saying in the legal field, that "hard cases make bad law", and in this case a really bad scoring method resulted in the wrong person going home.

• 2 weeks later...

Is no one watching this show for the current season?

I'm hopelessly addicted to it, even with the current judges and lackluster production. I am kind of getting to like Joanna Coles, her advice to the designers is constructive, even if a bit sharp.

I loved that Mondo won the challenge and I hope he takes the season, especially now that Rami is gone. I really thought the two of them would be at the end together.

I'm ready for Kenley to go home, enough of the retro polka dots. (look at the top, polka dots) I thought her jacket made the model look a little bigger than she actually is...not a good thing to make a model look big. What was she thinking, dressing her woman in thrift store finds? The women was supposed to be in your face wealthy!

Mila had the gods shining down on her, I thought her look was way worse than Kara's.

Jerrell was another yawn for me. I had to look it up to remember what he made.

Over all, I thought the only 2 contestants who "got" the challenge were Mondo and Austin. They weren't designing for the woman on the street, not even a fashion show...it was for Broadway and had to be bigger than life. Michael almost got it, but I thought much of his design could have been street wear, especially the top. Chris March would have been perfect for this challenge :)

I, too, am liking Joanne. She's not the charmer Tim Gunn is, but her comments seem to be more spot on -- especially in recent seasons when it seems Tim and the judges are on different pages. But I have been down on the regular judges for some time, too. So I'm OK with the change.

Had to catch up on the show after our trip to Tanzania.Kenya (no cruise -- this was dirt roads and the bush).

I was shocked to see Rami go but suspect it had as much to do with his lack of good TV as his design. He had hardly any screen time which says he wasn't adding to the "story."

I was going to scream at the TV if Mondo didn't win this last challenge. I loved the fact that he was able to look at his original creation and see it wasn't right. Beautiful correction.

While Kenly's design could have used more sparkle, I didn't have issues with the vintage fabrics/mixed prints. They had a very "Godspell" feel as costumes for that play usually have a "let's wear what Grandma stored in the attic trunks" vibe.

And, yes, Chris March would have blown them all away.

I don't like Jerrel at all. Am not all that hot on the two girls left standing. And am only lukewarm on Michael. So it's Mondo for me. Or have I forgotten someone?

BTW, I LIKED Mondo's little top they hated so last week, with it's dip-down back. I liked the way it moved. That's something I would have snapped up in a heartbeat.

What the???? They send Rami home!?!

Watching the runway show I really thought Kendra (is that her name?) was out, then hearing the judges comments....whaaaat! It looked like a romper my mother dressed me in when I was 4 years old. I thought Mondo's looked great and they ripped it apart.

I do think Rami's top was a bit hideous but nowhere near as bad as the romper.

I'm with you on this one...I thought Kenley's 'romper' was hideous too. It looked like something a baby would wear for crying out loud. I thought for sure she was going home but those judges are so weird sometimes. I also thought Mondo's look was great, a heck of a lot better than Kenley's and yet they ripped apart the hairstyle and the accessories. I thought the shorts were fantastic more so than the ones he won with the week before! Go figure though! I don't understand where these judges are coming from either. :p

Edited by Kancruze

Jerrell is still there? Seriously? Not that I liked Mila's dress, but at least it didn't make my eyes hurt. Jerrell's looked like something Miss Mexico would wear in the Ms. Universe pageant (channeling Aztecs) but she got tangled up in the ugly green curtains on her way out. Yee gad!

I am not a Kenley hater. She makes me think of a more wholesome Betsy Johnson (tho looking at her current clothes, Betsy's look isn't as slutty/tattered/outrageous as it used to be). I used to adore Betsy J. clothes and regret they are now too young for me. So I really liked Kenley's flirty outfit. And I wasn't a hater of that romper either -- that was another favorite look of mine when I had the body -- very Lolita, that combo of innocent attire and sexy attitude.

I was ok with seeing Mila go.... I was getting tired of her complaining every time other designers were friendly with each other. She had a lot of negativity on this series for some reason, I don't remember her being this way during her regular season.

Jerrell does seem to skate by a lot and I don't see why the judges aren't catching on and letting him go. I am also starting to really wonder about the finalists. Probably Austin, Mondo..... and a third person :)

I am so glad that Kenley got called out on making the same silhouette over and over. I did like her outfit and I was afraid she was going to win over Mondo this week. But I think they purposely gave it to Mondo so she got the idea that they were serious about diversifying.

A collection has to be just that -- a collection. Not a single idea in a variety of (polka dot) fabrics and with a few variations. Kenley needs to be able to translate her vibe into other pieces too -- pants, for example.

I'm betting the final three will be Austin, Mondo, and Kenley.

I think Austin's was ugly but so was Jerrels so dull and boring. Neither one listened to who their client was, namely a very rich woman in a play.

But I think the judges chose correctly in sending Mila home. That lopsided skirt was so unflattering and so was the poorly constructed jacket. The model looked like a misguided hooker who woke up after a bad night and threw something on to go walk the streets! LOL

At last Jerrel is gone. Funny thing, as I was watching the show I thought his might be the best but -- as usual -- he did too much. Why that horrible long black skirt? And the styling (glasses, etc.)? Ugh.

Is anyone watching the after show? It looks like it might be more fun than the actual challenge but I haven't been taping. Should I start?

Obviously none of these are cruise wear. teehee