Project Runway?

BlueHerons

You know, I just don't like Kenley's designs. Not so much her designs per say but the materials she uses. I am so sick and tired of polka dots or any kind of dot-like fabric. And she always uses it. The judges are sick of it too and even though they've told her so, she still uses it. I think if she does it one more time, she will be history and rightly so!

That said, I think the winner will be between Mondo and Michael. Michael seems to be hitting his stride the last couple of shows. He might pull it off but personally I have a thing for Mondo. I love his stuff and would wear any of it in a heartbeat.

Record it for "fashion jab of the week" where they select the most creative rude comment made by the contestants.

I did a fist pump "yes!!!" when Jerell was eliminated. Next to go, Michael. Not that I'm crazy for Kenley, but I think she may take 3rd place. More than anything I want Mondo to win. Austin still makes (to me) what looks like leftover prom dresses on Macy's sale rack.

I think Mondo was ripped off on his season, I can't even remember granola girls name who won. All I remember of her was sloppy oversized sweaters and shorts that looked like granny underpants. Oh yeah, Gretchen.

Sorry I sometimes take a couple of days to post here, fact is if DH is working a double shift on Thursdays I set up the DVR and wait a day or so till we can watch together :o

I thought this challenge was going to be a lot more "Laser Tag" than it was so I was actually impressed with their efforts. I was glad to see Jerrell go also as he skated by too much.

BTW I LOVED Georgina's outfit... that seems to be the most I got out of this episode :rolleyes:

Record it for "fashion jab of the week" where they select the most creative rude comment made by the contestants.

I did a fist pump "yes!!!" when Jerell was eliminated. Next to go, Michael. Not that I'm crazy for Kenley, but I think she may take 3rd place. More than anything I want Mondo to win. Austin still makes (to me) what looks like leftover prom dresses on Macy's sale rack.

I think Mondo was ripped off on his season, I can't even remember granola girls name who won. All I remember of her was sloppy oversized sweaters and shorts that looked like granny underpants. Oh yeah, Gretchen.

I'm right there with you. I was livid when Gretchen won over Mondo. Her clothes were blah in the extreme.

Was checking out some Fashion Week collections and saw Christian Siriano had his fall show last month:

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/style/fashionweek/runway.html#/fall_2012_siriano_christian/slide_show/

Thanks for the link...I loved all his fashions, very wearable. The only thing I didn't care for was the color lipstick he had on the models, rather morbid looking.

Sorry I sometimes take a couple of days to post here, fact is if DH is working a double shift on Thursdays I set up the DVR and wait a day or so till we can watch together :o

I thought this challenge was going to be a lot more "Laser Tag" than it was so I was actually impressed with their efforts. I was glad to see Jerrell go also as he skated by too much.

BTW I LOVED Georgina's outfit... that seems to be the most I got out of this episode :rolleyes:

My husband runs screaming from the room when I watch Project Runway.

LOL... I didn't even try to get him into it, now he is as hooked as I am :rolleyes:

He will watch "What Not To Wear" at times with me. I think it's the snide remarks from Clinton and Stacy that amuse him.

My sister and I discuss PR in detail, our husbands just roll their eyes. We're both glad that Jerell is gone and we're both crazy for Mondo :)

Mondo kind of reminds me of the Bob's Big Boy mascot with that hair molded and the little boy clothes, but ya gotta love him!

Edited by Happy ks

He will watch "What Not To Wear" at times with me. I think it's the snide remarks from Clinton and Stacy that amuse him.

My sister and I discuss PR in detail, our husbands just roll their eyes. We're both glad that Jerell is gone and we're both crazy for Mondo :)

Mondo kind of reminds me of the Bob's Big Boy mascot with that hair molded and the little boy clothes, but ya gotta love him!

DH actually is the one who got me into "What Not To Wear"... is that still on these days, I haven't seen it in a while.

Big Boy is right! I was trying to figure out who he looked like, it was driving me nuts :)

So...winner should be Mondo. Second place Austin if he can pull it together with Michael coming up a bit short with third place.

Didn't Michael do another caftan this season? I find them a bit boring and really think the only way he made the final 3 was Kenley mishandling the fabric. The dress would have been a knockout if she had placed the print correctly, she made the same mistake a few weeks ago with her polka dot romper or some other baby thing she created.

I really feel that if you look over the whole season Mondo has consistently done the bes work. The only time he was anywhere close to the bottom was when they chose the little girl romper Kenley made....and I just didn't understand the praise she got for that.

But I think these final designers are serious about their careers and I wish them all well, I still think Rami should be there.

I felt like Kenley and Michael both phoned it. Don't know why they do that now -- well, maybe Kenley thought she was a sure thing since she's a girl adn they wouldn't want a three guy final.

I really liked Austin's coat. Mondo's dress was cute. He sure struggled, though.

Don't know why Michael did another caftan. One was too many. I like Kenley's style (tho not for me) but she doesn't ever seem to try to match her patterns. Even that plaid she made with floresent (sp) ribbons she didn't work hard to match. I also thought the peacock feathers were too big a graphic for a regular dress -- though either Michael or Austin could have used it in their outfits.

I, too, think 1, 2, 3: Mondo, Austin, Michael. UNLESS Mondo gets in his own way creatively.

And, I agree that Rami should have been there instead of Michael.

You know, I just don't like Kenley's designs. Not so much her designs per say but the materials she uses. I am so sick and tired of polka dots or any kind of dot-like fabric. And she always uses it. The judges are sick of it too and even though they've told her so, she still uses it. I think if she does it one more time, she will be history and rightly so!

That said, I think the winner will be between Mondo and Michael. Michael seems to be hitting his stride the last couple of shows. He might pull it off but personally I have a thing for Mondo. I love his stuff and would wear any of it in a heartbeat.

She's history now!!!!

I hope that Mondo wins because he was cheated during his season.

BTW, I saw a notice that season 10 will be airing this summer.

DH & I watch "Say Yes to the Dress," just to see how much brides are willing to pay for THE DRESS. Our entire wedding in 1966, cost less than some of the dresses shown.

HI all!

I just saw this thread now that the show's almost over!! Usually the US programming is a couple of episodes ahead of Canada's but not this time.

I was glad to see Kenley go, her dresses looked dowdy to me.

Barb ~ I watch "Say Yes to the Dress" too & also got married in'66 but just at City Hall so I'm still searching for what might have been.:rolleyes:

TTFN

~ Jo ~ :)

I was happy with the outcome but actually liked all the collections -- for different reasons.

Even those bizarre pants Scarlet made looked better than I expected. And, his wedding gown was fantastic.

Michael's collection was cohesive and certainly store-ready.

Mondo's was very nice. I wanted him to win and was glad, but I do not think this collection was as good as the one he didn't win with in that other season, despite what the judges said. Come on, folks, something he slung together in a few days beats out something he had weeks and weeks to perfect? Please!

However, I think the rorschach pattern was inspired. If I were a retailer I would have immediately sent that idea to China for mass production.

I liked all three collections very much, and just like you said, Sea Bunny, for different reasons. I also thought the three collections were the best of any of the finals. Previously, it seemed there was one standout and either one or both of the others were just ok.

I too, thought Austin's wedding gown was spectacular. Really liked Michael's collection because of its wearability but Mondo sooooo deserved to win since he pumped great things out week after week after week.:)

BTW, I always thought that Austin Scarlett was such a made up name but apparently, it's his real name.

Edited by iheartbda

Yay!

I just finished watching the show and I'm so happy Mondo won:) he has been a favorite of mine since season 8. I even think he's the best designer that has competed in any of the seasons, I can see his designs even becoming main stream and copied.

I liked all of the collections and that surprised me, usually one stands out to me (either way, good or bad) but all of them did a good job. Even Michael, whom I haven't been crazy for either season, had a few good pieces.

Austin did a fabulous job, the only piece I didn't like were the pants with the huge hip pockets, I loved the wedding gown. He should go there and forget the prom dresses he usually does.

• 3 weeks later...
Yay!

I just finished watching the show and I'm so happy Mondo won:) he has been a favorite of mine since season 8. I even think he's the best designer that has competed in any of the seasons, I can see his designs even becoming main stream and copied.

I liked all of the collections and that surprised me, usually one stands out to me (either way, good or bad) but all of them did a good job. Even Michael, whom I haven't been crazy for either season, had a few good pieces.

Austin did a fabulous job, the only piece I didn't like were the pants with the huge hip pockets, I loved the wedding gown. He should go there and forget the prom dresses he usually does.

And that is exactly what Austin has done:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/blogs/project-runway-blog/austin-scarlett-new-york-bridal-fashion-week?cmpid=Social_Facebook_ProjectRunway_04102012_2

You can bet that wedding dress will be a star of his collection.

And that is exactly what Austin has done:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/blogs/project-runway-blog/austin-scarlett-new-york-bridal-fashion-week?cmpid=Social_Facebook_ProjectRunway_04102012_2

You can bet that wedding dress will be a star of his collection.

Wow... he is really talented with gowns. Great segue into my latest obsession....since I'm suffering Project Runway withdrawal I've been watching Say Yes to the Dress. TLC did a marathon of episodes Easter Sunday and I am now addicted :o

• 3 months later...
It's back! Just watched the "road to..." so far. I find it interesting how they always have exactly one older person.

Some interesting characters so far and already having little bickering matches :rolleyes: I don't know if you have watched the first episode yet so I won't be a spoiler, but this should make for an entertaining season :)

I do have to say that I loved that rose blouse with the white suit....in fact I'd buy that blouse right now if it were for sale.

ha ha to you both.

First thought: Brother is a very stalwart sponsor, considering how often the sewing machines are blamed (directly and indirectly) for foul ups.

Second thought: Either the producers have taken seriously the complaint that their clothes are getting too mundane and are going for more edgy/unusual looks; or the team that picked the designers just went for oddness over design esthetic. This does not look like a strong line up.

SPOILERS BELOW:

Didn't agree with the winner, but knew he would win -- smart touch wearing a scarf of the fabric so they could see what "it really looked like."

Totally agreed with the loser. All three of them could have gone.

My early favorite (my preferred winner for this challenge) is Ven of the amazing flower bustier. His second dress complimented it beautifully. And, as we all recognized, that rose was killer.

Already tired of Gunnar. Kinda amused by Buffi. Enjoying the eye candy of Dimitri.

Everyone else?