Project Runway?

BlueHerons

That Piper Lime judge -- what a sourpuss! I thought Nina was bad. Well, at least she knew something about fashion.....

I liked Viktor's work too, but I do think it didn't quite hit the Piper Lime look.

I was amazed that Anya pulled off that second outfit.

Such a shame that Joshua wasn't sent packing. I don't like his clothes and definitely don't like him. He's out of his league being a contestant on Project Runway, I guess they brought him in for the drama part of the program???

Agree 100%.

Final three: Anya, Viktor, and...???

Or are there other possibilities.

No one has come out as a front runner to me. hardly ever does the person I want to win gets #1, I still think Rami and Mondo got ripped off (even though I did like Siriano a little).

I think it would be hysterical if Bert made it to the finals!

No one has come out as a front runner to me. hardly ever does the person I want to win gets #1, I still think Rami and Mondo got ripped off (even though I did like Siriano a little).

I think it would be hysterical if Bert made it to the finals!

I'm a huge Siriano fan (despite his affectations), but agree all the way about Mondo.

It's hard to tell what runway shows would be like as opposed to these rushed projects. That always-a-black-witchy-dress girl from last season made a runway show that was all sweetness and light. Bert could surprise. Or not.

Just found this thread- enjoyed reading all your comments! I agree- this season has not been enough about true design. Maybe they should try a challenge to design a wearable wardrobe for cruise fashionistas - any volunteers?

I like Anya's designs, but think her sewing skills should have eliminated her long ago- isn't it the total package? Bert has class- but do they want class? Heidi is always sating- "I would wear that". I like those challenges better than what can you make out of flypaper.

Keep watching. Money on anyone?

Ugh, what a challenge. I hate what they are doing to these poor designers. "Make one look!" "No, make two looks!" "Psych! You only have to show one look!" Really, Lifetime? Are you hoping to have a designer slit their wrists in despair? You came close last night.....

I think the right person went home, but I'm not sure the right person won. I liked Viktor's dress, why did they have to make them go head to head? Both he and Kimberly deserved to be in the top, not the bottom. Not a huge fan of Joshua's dress and even less of a fan of him personally. He's a bit too "entitled".

Also: There's not enough drama ON the show, now we have the option to watch more of it afterwards....? I guess next year they are going to be calling this "The Real Designers of Project Runway" and featuring knock down/drag out fights......

I can totally see how Anya and Victor made it to the finals. Kim, OK, sorta but Josh? I did like his short white dress a little, maybe not the mesh but a softer fabric (can you imagine how that mesh would be scratchy). The long dress was a disaster, lurex draped over a tank top? The vinyl skirt? Please, no. I also thought it was weird he called his vest a jacket.

I'm happy for Kim, she was more deserving than Josh. I hop she comes out ahead of him in the finals. Laura, as much as I like her, the clothes just weren't well designed. She could have done better, I think her downfall was that circular patterned material, I could see it on draperies more than clothing.

The finals should be fun! I'm hoping Anya takes first with Victor a close second. I just wonder how Anya will handle the sewing on her own? Hopefully she learned enough during the month or so the show was taping.

• 2 weeks later...
I can totally see how Anya and Victor made it to the finals. Kim, OK, sorta but Josh? I did like his short white dress a little, maybe not the mesh but a softer fabric (can you imagine how that mesh would be scratchy). The long dress was a disaster, lurex draped over a tank top? The vinyl skirt? Please, no. I also thought it was weird he called his vest a jacket.

I'm happy for Kim, she was more deserving than Josh. I hop she comes out ahead of him in the finals. Laura, as much as I like her, the clothes just weren't well designed. She could have done better, I think her downfall was that circular patterned material, I could see it on draperies more than clothing.

The finals should be fun! I'm hoping Anya takes first with Victor a close second. I just wonder how Anya will handle the sewing on her own? Hopefully she learned enough during the month or so the show was taping.

Totally agree. I felt like I saw a really strong Bert influence in Anya's mini-collection, however. It looked more like his good designs than her good designs. And, except for showing the three colors w/fist bump, there was absolutely no video of them working together/separately. I think she chose her partner very wisely.

Judging from the three looks they pulled from their collections, it looks like it will be Viktor. Of course, I felt the same way about Mondo.

Other thoughts?

PS. Doesn't Kim look so much better with her hair up/back/anywhere but hiding half her face? When Tim came to meet her and her hair was up she looked awesome.

Edited by SeaBunny

I agree with you on Viktor, he definitely has the most polished collection. I hate the mind games they are playing though.... don't get me wrong, I didn't want Anya to go home but what was the point of all this preparation to eliminate one person, then not? I'd rather have seen Josh get auf'ed, not just for his lackluster collection but his attitude is really starting to annoy the heck out of me.

That there is little activity on this thread for this season is rather telling.

Is this the most "blah" season of Project Runway or what?

Edit to be more specific, I don't mean "blah" personalities, I mean "blah" designs.

Edited by Happy ks

That there is little activity on this thread for this season is rather telling.

Is this the most "blah" season of Project Runway or what?

Edit to be more specific, I don't mean "blah" personalities, I mean "blah" designs.

You're right! There's plenty of drama, but the designs are so boring. I tivo it and watch it when there is absolutely nothing else to watch... after food network and house hunters international has even been completely exhausted!:rolleyes:

Well, glad that's over! I didn't really care who won, as long as it wasn't Joshua. And I think the judges are wrong, not many women will be interested in wearing plastic (can you imagine wearing plastic when it's warm or humid? Can you imagine how plastic would pinch or scratch if you moved a certain way, there's a reason stiff plastic isn't used in clothing) or bright pink and green neoprene. Maybe some bikers will, I see lots of bikers in neoprene pants around here. Bright pink and green may work for them, the canyon road that is popular to ride on here is well traveled by cars, too.

Maybe Joshua should start a biking clothing line.

I wish Viktor (Victor?) would have at least placed second, some of his things were beautiful. Anya's clothes? Meh, the caftan returns. Kim's clothes...not to my taste at all.

Isn't there an All Star show coming up??? I fat forward through the commercials, but I swear I saw a pack of them with the blond guy in front (the funny one that had that show summer 2010).

I clicked on this thinking it would be about fashion/beauty on board, cannot believe CC (which is supposed to be about cruising ) would give so much space to what really amounts to a "groupie fan club"

This should never have been on CC

I clicked on this thinking it would be about fashion/beauty on board, cannot believe CC (which is supposed to be about cruising ) would give so much space to what really amounts to a "groupie fan club"

The Project Runway thread is just one thread, not the whole Fashion and Beauty board.

I think it started out as cruise fashions relating to Project Runway. It's been going on for years. Not nearly as many people are here as there used to be, perhaps why you perceive it as "groupies". It's all in fun. I may not be in fashion, but I love discussing it and I also feel that if a person is laying themselves open in a TV show, they are also laying themselves open to criticism (fault the producers).

We even have an "Off Topic" thread, dedicated to subjects not related to fashion. Many friendships have been formed because of that thread and that's a beautiful thing.

Everyone is welcome here, there are some really friendly people who discuss things other fashion and beauty. There are many threads on the fashion and beauty board totally dedicated to cruising, check those out as well. Most people here are actually a whole lot nicer than the cruiseline dedicated board. So...try reading a lot more here, you may find you really like it :)

Edited by Happy ks
sp

Isn't there an All Star show coming up??? I fat forward through the commercials, but I swear I saw a pack of them with the blond guy in front (the funny one that had that show summer 2010).

Next year. Here's a link:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars

I like Anya's flowing style, but was surprised she won. I feel like Heidi has been strong in her corner since day one.

I will say, the comment made about needing sweaters or something warm in her collection is kinda lame. She doesn't have to sell to NYers except when they go cruising!

I thought some of Viktor's last minute changes actually hurt his collection.

Try scrolling down a bit, you will find many threads about cruise ship fashion. This is one single, isolated thread about a fashion series. If you aren't a fan, feel free to avoid it now that you know what it is :) No harm done.

• 2 weeks later...
Next year. Here's a link:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars

I like Anya's flowing style, but was surprised she won. I feel like Heidi has been strong in her corner since day one.

I will say, the comment made about needing sweaters or something warm in her collection is kinda lame. She doesn't have to sell to NYers except when they go cruising!

I thought some of Viktor's last minute changes actually hurt his collection.

I would like to see Emilio Sosa, as part of the All Star Show. I loved his clothes. They had appeal for all age groups. During season 7, I would have chosen his final runway collection over Seth Aaron's. I'm glad that Mila will be participating........Loved her Black & White outfits.

• 3 weeks later...

I happened to run across a re run last night that I had not seen before.

The show was an hour show on Christian, what happened to him after he won... Has anyone ever seen this.

I loved the show. Aside from seeing how he progressed it gave such a great inside view of a designers life. I am not surprised he went on to be successful.

• 4 weeks later...

If you look at the entire "Fashion Forum" you will see hundreds of threads

about fashions/health/etc. all related to cruising. Laura put another

thread on this particular forum for "OFF TOPICS" as well and many of

us post on that one.....people chat about their families, births, deaths,

holidays, homes, etc.

It should never have been on CC? I guess the moderators think it is

ok to be on here. Sorry it upsets you so much.

I happened to run across a re run last night that I had not seen before.

The show was an hour show on Christian, what happened to him after he won... Has anyone ever seen this.

I loved the show. Aside from seeing how he progressed it gave such a great inside view of a designers life. I am not surprised he went on to be successful.

i saw that show also. i was very impressed with what he is doing with himself. i always loved christian and the show let me know that he is really putting his win too good use. he is actually doing designing, running his own business now and putting on shows with his winnings. he is also a spokesperson for a item (but i forget what it is). good for him. i think cloe is doing well also in her shop in texas. you have given me a project now too check out the other winners and see what they are up too. you dont hear much about them exept at the beginning of the new season of the runway shows. austin and sabastian ( non winners ) didnt last too long on their show of going too peoples homes and designing things for indiviuals. it was ok for a few shows then i got tired of it and i havnt seen it on for a long time. thanks for the new idea too do some checking on the winners :).

• 3 weeks later...