Summit versus Vision of the Seas?

printingchick

Have sailed a lot of days on both.

The Summit is larger but with less passengers. Never found that difference noticeable, however. Food a notch better on Celebrity but that difference has narrowed a lot in the last few years. Specialty restaurants way more expensive on Celebrity. Nod for entertainment to RCCL.

Unless the itineraries are exactly the same, that would govern our choice.

One other factor: (and this usually is not one for us) if Captain Marek is at the helm of the Vision you will likely be amazed. 70+ cruises and he is by far our favorite Captain. And made our 30 days on the Vision a true joy.

Have sailed a lot of days on both.

The Summit is larger but with less passengers. Never found that difference noticeable, however. Food a notch better on Celebrity but that difference has narrowed a lot in the last few years. Specialty restaurants way more expensive on Celebrity. Nod for entertainment to RCCL.

Unless the itineraries are exactly the same, that would govern our choice.

One other factor: (and this usually is not one for us) if Captain Marek is at the helm of the Vision you will likely be amazed. 70+ cruises and he is by far our favorite Captain. And made our 30 days on the Vision a true joy.

Just off the Vision last June and it's been awhile since Summit but I think they are pretty equal. The food on VOS was pretty good this trip. We were on her in 2015 and we both lost weight it was so bad. Food is better on X.

Vision was in dry dock in 2013 and looks pretty good. Even the cabins were re-done. Lots to do in the Centrum every night. Captain Marek is the best. X tends to be quieter in the evenings. X had better entertainment.

You won't go wrong with either one.

Sue

Thanks. Subscribing. Itineraries are similar, but I have a subtle preference for the one offered on Summit. That said, Summit would cost more. Decisions, decisions...

We’re not too keen on Vision Class ships (Radiance Class we love), so I’d edge more towards Summit, especially if I could reserve a C1 or FV aft cabin ;).

The Vision was our very first RCCL/Celebrity cruise, after two Disney cruises. I thought I had died and gone to heaven after stepping on that ship. Surprised it is still in service, though.

I believe that our next cruise was on the Millennium. The whole family loved that ship. We recently cruised on the Summit and it is starting to look it's age...especially in the staterooms. Still a favorite class of ship for us. If I compare both ships/classes to each other, I would say that the Vision is the prettiest, but would now pick Celebrity over RCCL any day!

In general I am a rccl fan, but prefer the larger ship voyager class or bigger for the extra entertainment, ice show etc. We really enjoyed summit a few weeks ago buffet was way better than rccl, we did have a sky suite and also prefer suite perks on celebrity

I'm Platinum or RCL, which I believe translates to Classic on Celebrity. How to I register for Captain's Club benefits based on my Crown and Anchor level?

Call the Captain’s Club at *(800) 760-0654‬ with your C&A number and the rep will set it up for you.

Hi,

I have cruised aboard both of these ships. Both ships are nice, but I would choose the Celebrity Summit (unless the price is much higher). The choice depends on what is important to you. I think the food and service are better on Celebrity, but the atmosphere is more subdued.

Chuck

I have sailed on Summit twice and am going again in a few weeks. I sailed on Vision in February. I would choose Summit over Vision easily. I found Vision to not have that many areas for entertainment and meeting friends. It had the older ship feel. While I enjoyed that cruise, I would not put it in the same level of quality as Summit. Hands down, I would choose Summit. If you have the means to choose a suite, the rewards (private restaurant and private suite lounge) make a suite on Summit worthwhile and special.