Noordam Maiden Voyage Cocktails & Dinner

JimandStan

I should switch over to your Voyage of the Spammed this coming October. Then we could go out to Skydive Hawaii when we are in Honolulu ... so that you could be crazy again. Trust me, you'd love it. Nothing like the view of the North Shore

What was the name of the outfit you jumped with in Hawaii?

I still think it's nuts ... I was nuts back then, and you were nuts when you jumped over Hawaii. Still ... I'd like to see Christopher's face when I suggest SKYDIVING as a shore excursion in Hawaii. He was whining and complaining, last time, because I had chosen some excursions taking us up to the top of some of the volcanos. He doesn't like heights. :D

Kewl!

LOL ... I should switch over to your Voyage of the Spammed this coming October. Then we could go out to Skydive Hawaii when we are in Honolulu ... so that you could be crazy again. :) Trust me, you'd love it. :) Nothing like the view of the North Shore ... and that beautiful Pacific Ocean ... in freefall. Gotta love it. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hey no fair jumping ship on us LOL !!!

What was the name of the outfit you jumped with in Hawaii?

I still think it's nuts ... I was nuts back then, and you were nuts when you jumped over Hawaii. Still ... I'd like to see Christopher's face when I suggest SKYDIVING as a shore excursion in Hawaii. He was whining and complaining, last time, because I had chosen some excursions taking us up to the top of some of the volcanos. He doesn't like heights. :D

http://www.hawaiiskydiving.com

Trust me, he might whine and complain when you suggest it, but he'll be loving every minute of it once he's done it. They will even provide free pick-up and return right to the cruise ship pier. We just called them that morning ... told them there was a change in that we were docked at Pier 19 instead of the Aloha Tower ... and they picked us up right outside of the security gate. Couldn't have been more convenient.

They seem to be a nice group of people, and are well spoken of in the skydiving community. The view can't be beat either.

As for being afraid of heights ... I'm not explaining this right, but height isn't an issue with skydiving. When you look at the ground from freefall or from in the airplane, your mind can't make the eye/mind connection as to how high up you are. There is nothing to compare the distance to as you can't clearly see buildings and other structures. Therefore, since the mind can't fathom the height, there is no fear in that regard ... not like there would be in the case of, say, standing on a bridge getting ready to make a bungee jump. There the height is very evident because you can see structures and other things on the ground which give you a sense of how high up you are.

I know that's not an adequate explanation ... others can surely do better ... but it's the only way I know of to describe it since I, too, am afraid of heights and have no problems at all while skydiving. In fact, I LOVE looking down at the ground while in freefall ... especially when my view is of the North Shore and the Pacific Ocean. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hey no fair jumping ship on us LOL !!!

Don't worry ... I only said "I should" switch ... not that I would. LOL ... can't afford the Voyage of the Spammed right now. Spent too much on the Amsterdam. :)

Besides, I'm really looking forward to the Hal-O-Dam-Ween cruise too much to switch. Sounds like we're gonna have a blast.

Ummmmm, wonder if there are any drop zones at any of our ports? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived