Noordam Maiden Voyage Cocktails & Dinner

JimandStan

Heather-

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, however, Manhattan prices have syrocketed. The average price for dinner at Ducasse is $179.00 per person (excluding taxes, tip and liquor).

The average price at Per Se is $201.00 pp, excluding same.

LOL ... can anyone direct me to the nearest Mickey Dee's? :)

I'm sorry, but there is no way I would pay close to $200 for one dinner ... anywhere. Call me cheap if you want, but especially if I were heading to NYC for a cruise, I'd sooner wait until I'm onboard and enjoy a fancy dinner at the Pinnacle for $20 bucks. :)

Believe me, I'm not adverse to spending money, but just not on a meal. Heck, I dropped $400 bucks on a skydiving "excursion" in Hawaii a couple of weeks back ... without batting an eye. But for food ... I just personally consider spending that kind of money a waste. That's just me.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita-

Different strokes for different folks!

Let me get this Str8......you actually paid somebody $400.00 to get dropped out of an airplane????

Nah, :(

I'll meet you at the bar in Per Se........it has a fabulous view of Central Park.;)

Let me get this Str8......you actually paid somebody $400.00 to get dropped out of an airplane????

Not only DID she do it, but I have a photo of her jumping a prior time ... and a good book about it (as well as about many other things). :D

Well done, Rita!

I've jumped tandem myself. I was a crazy college student at the time, true, but I did it.

Geez, now I'm going to have to get a case of White Castles onto the ship to go with my smuggled liquor!:D

Is 38 suitcases too much for two people? I wouldn't want to appear conspicuous.

Luckily, I still have that hot-plate with the warming drawer.

lol.......talk about your hot hors deurves.

Two weeks from today, we wake up at sea! :D

Is 38 suitcases too much for two people? I wouldn't want to appear conspicuous.

J&S--

38?

Reminds me of when I was returning to the states after a couple years in Tokyo in '92...

...there were a series of identical blue trunk-sized suitcases coming off the luggage carousel here at SFO. Apparently a young couple also returning to the states on the same flight had packed all of their worldly possessions into 14 of these cases to bring everything across with them!

Rita-

Different strokes for different folks!

No, not to get dropped. I voluntarily jumped. :)

Actually, the $400 wasn't just for the jump. It was the "all-inclusive" price for the in-air video and photo services, with a tee-shirt thrown in too! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Ok, back to the Dinner and cocktails theme.......

They're expecting us to gather in "The View Lounge" on the 48th floor between 7 & 8 pm.

When you arrive at the Marriott Marquis, take an Elevator or Escalator to the third floor lobby.

-->take the express elevator marked "To the VIEW". This express elevator lets you off on the Lounge level.

-->Ask the Captain for the "Mariner Party".

--> At about 8pm, we will walk down a flight of stairs to the restaurant level, for dinner.

NOTE--> The cocktail napkins in the View Lounge have sketches of Manhattan landmarks, so that you can identify them as they pass your window seat. These napkins also make darling souviners for that less than favorite niece or nephew! ;)

According to HAL nomenclature, what is our dress code for the evening?

Casual

Informal

Formal

My guess is that it's informal. At least, that's how I intend to dress.

Any word either way on this? Do they require a tie?

Rev-

From the horses mouth, as it were:

Attire: Smart Business Casual (Jackets and Ties optional)

--->no shorts, tee shirts, or tank tops

:eek: (sounds chilly!):eek:

*There is a complimentary coat room in the third floor lobby

"I may sometimes be overdressed, but I make up for it by being enormously over educated"

Sir Noel Coward

complimentary coat room

What happens in a complimentary coat room?

Do they compliment your coat?

Tell it what a lovely coat it is?

What a handsome coat it is?

What a good coat it is?

Or do they compliment YOU on your coat:

"What an excellent coat you have."

Inquiring minds want to know about this "complimentary" stuff.

Greg's feeling better.

While it is true that I usually keep my sense of humor even when feeling rotten, it is also true that I AM feeling better. Other than some pressure in my head, I'm starting to feel well. :) And that pressure in the head is on the way down, too.

All those prayers musta worked:) . Or do ya s'pose it was the brandy:confused: ? Nah;) . It was the prayers.

That's our story, and we're sticking with it:D .

In my professional opinion, it was BOTH the Brandy AND the Prayers. :D

O.K. RevNeal- I have stopped laughing now (its 7:30 PM). That was extremely funny. I can't wait for 2/22 and will look forward to meeting you. Thanks for your wonderful bit of humor! I, too, hope you are feeling better.

Inquiring minds want to know about this "complimentary" stuff.

Sorry, I must have been working on the CC'er list and didn't hear about your cold..... Glad U R feeling better.....

So, to cut to the chase... a "complimentary coat room" means.....

R U Ready for this.......

Scroll Down............................................

Upon leaving the establishment, you must "compliment" the coat check attendant with an appropriate amount of "complimentary" $$$$.... or you won't be receiving your "complimentary" coat :D

I've jumped tandem myself. I was a crazy college student at the time, true, but I did it.

Kewl!

LOL ... I should switch over to your Voyage of the Spammed this coming October. Then we could go out to Skydive Hawaii when we are in Honolulu ... so that you could be crazy again. :) Trust me, you'd love it. :) Nothing like the view of the North Shore ... and that beautiful Pacific Ocean ... in freefall. Gotta love it. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived