Noordam Maiden Voyage Cocktails & Dinner

JimandStan

Very funny! Tell you what, if I win prior to this cruise, I will pay the 10% to God and reimburse you for your cruise as my sin offering. Does that work?

That's a deal! Just so long as you add a free-will libation offering on top of that. Say ... an after dinner cognac in the Explorer's Lounge?

Jim and Stan- I would love to say we could join you for the "Special Dinner", but we will not be arriving in NYC until the 22nd. We spoke to HAL and our travel agent several times about the wisdom (or lack of wisdom) in setting up the cruise line's arranged transportation on sailing day at this time of year. We do not want to take the responsibility in case of snow/ice on the roads by planning to come the day before via our own arrangements. This way, if the bus can't make it, HAL will be responsible. I got nowhere with trying to convince them to offer a day-before package. We have had some harrowing charter bus rides into New York in the winter. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed as we are stuck with their plans. Please raise a glass once more for the 4 of us from PA.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed the weather stays clear so Noordam can have her wonderful Inaugural and sail with all the CC'ers as scheduled. You are going to have THE BEST TIME you lucky folks.

Jim and Stan- I would love to say we could join you for the "Special Dinner", but we will not be arriving in NYC until the 22nd. We spoke to HAL and our travel agent several times about the wisdom (or lack of wisdom) in setting up the cruise line's arranged transportation on sailing day at this time of year. We do not want to take the responsibility in case of snow/ice on the roads by planning to come the day before via our own arrangements. This way, if the bus can't make it, HAL will be responsible. I got nowhere with trying to convince them to offer a day-before package. We have had some harrowing charter bus rides into New York in the winter. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed as we are stuck with their plans. Please raise a glass once more for the 4 of us from PA.

We'll definately be hoping for good weather so what you'll get to NYC safely and on time!

February can be a rough month in NY, but on Rotterdam V's last February series of 10 day Caribbean cruises, I can remember it being warmer in NY harbor (70's & Sunny) than it was in Hamilton!

Some brave souls were swimming in the outdoor pool and they were wrestling to open the prom deck windows outside the Ambassador Room!

So much for my last crack at utilizing Rotterdams marvelous heated bathroom towel racks!

Let's all direct good and happy thoughts toward the weather gods!

Vic-

In this day and age, as the world mocks the efficiency and dedication of the American worker, it's wonderful to hear of a work ethic like yours!

Hopefully you're compensated commensurate with your dedication!

If it turns out that you cannot make it, we shall miss you.

If you can find a way to join us, just say the word.

Of course, if you do arrive in Manhattan "fashionably late", perhaps,you could join us for a cognac or a B&B......strictly as a digestive, you understand!

Anyway, we'll have plenty of time to socialize on the trip!

We'll definately be hoping for good weather so what you'll get to NYC safely and on time!

No kidding! It gets cold here, but it's so much drier, we're not used to that chill... this cruise is going to be a major wardrobe dilemma. I hate to bring a heavy coat and boots, but may need them!

We're still on the fence about coming in the night before since we are only an hour away from the pier. If we do come in the night before I think we are going to go to Asia de Cuba for dinner. This is a great spot and DH has never been - have a great time atop the Marriott.

We now have 15 fellow cruisers joining us at "The View"

1. Brian

2. Scotty

3. Martha

4. Greg

5. Mike

6. Karen

7. Max

8. Peggy

9. Joyce

10. Suzane

11. Giselle

12. Tricia

13. Dan

14. Stan

15. Jim

:rolleyes: "It's good to be on a well run ship!"

General-

Jim is going to see Ms. Stewart, then attend the Mariners Luncheon, and then "sort of" host the Bon Voyage Dinner.....He deserves a ride in a limousine.

Stan is a workaholic and slave to JP Morgan, Chase & Co, he will only attend the dinner.

Thanks for organizing the limo, it was an elegant idea!:D

How do you want to handle the finances?

Jim, we won't know about the Martha Stewart taping until after January 20, 2006 per Brian. See my updated limo list on the "roll call" thread. Also need your hotel name/address for pickup. The cost is $65 per person cash for 6 hours. I have also started a list of places to go and the ship is one of them and we can drop the lucky Brunch Attendees off. We can probably pick Jim up after the Brunch at the ship for hotel transfer.

Cheers

General Max

General & Mrs. Max-

Haven't firmed up our hotel, yet. Most likely we will be at the Waldorf or Waldorf towers. As soon as we decide, we will let you know. Jim will be able to attend Martha (God Bless Brian!), the Mariner Lunch and Dinner at the View. Stan (poor thing) can only make Dinner. Please contact us at Fixeruppers@Optonline.net about the limo deposit etc.

Thanks-:p

Ziggy-

Still waiting for a post here, or an e-mail fixeruppers@Optonline.net about your Mom & Dad

The hotel needs to make "new" table arrangements for our group if your parents are indeed, joining us, so I'm axious to hear.

This is the most work that I've ever done for free~

Best-

Very frustrated with this site again! arggggg! I have been trying to post all day sheesh, all I get is service not availabe! arrgggggg ! :mad: :mad:

My parents say to skip them for dinner in NY but they want to do the pinacle if you all are doing that one night. They are early seating dinners but can do late one night. :) Sorry for the delay :)

Archived