Noordam Maiden Voyage Cocktails & Dinner

JimandStan

A group of us, are meeting for dinner and cocktails at The View Restaurant on the 47th floor of the Marriott Marquis on Tuesday, February 21st, at 8:00 P.M.

Noordam sails on her maiden voyage, the next morning, and, as this "revolving rooftop restaurant" has magnificent views of the NYC Ocean Liner Terminal, we'll be toasting the ship.

If anyone is interested in joining us, leave a message on this board, or email me at fixeruppers@optonline.net

We will also be meeting for pre dinner drinks at "The View Lounge" (also on the 47th floor of the Marriott) any time after 7:00 P.M.

The Marriott is at 1535 Broadway, if you need to know how to get there from wherever, use www.mapquest.com.....it's a great resource!

I have stayed at the Marriott Marquis and have dined at The View. It is a delightful restaurant and lounge! When I was there, in 2004, a prix fixe menu was available that offered very good choices for a reasonable price.

Have a wonderful Maiden Voyage!

I am so jealous ... I want to come:( ! There are going to be so many wonderful CCers on this cruise that I think I'm going to just bury my head in the sand and wait 'til it's over.

And I miss NYC, too ... my home for 20 years. So I'll say a little toast to all of you as you toast the Noordam that night. Have an absolutely fabulous, wonderful time everyone of you!!!:)

Heather -- and others -- there ARE vacant cabins remaining aboard the Noordam for this cruise. Yes, it's over-priced ... but there are only just so many "Maiden Voyages." So ... don't burry your head in the sand ... "book it" and come JOIN US!

<sigh>

Yes ... I know ... money may be made out of trees, but it doesn't grow on trees and we don't own them either. I UNDERSTAND the frustration over not having time or resources to make this cruise. I had to finagle things in order set aside sufficient time and resources to do it myself ... and that wasn't easy. :) However ... you don't HAVE to moan and groan about it ... you CAN join us, if you wish. All it costs is time and money ... two commodities that, yes indeed, are hard to come by.

I am so jealous ... I want to come:( !

Don't feel bad, Heather ... so do I. :(

If only this wasn't so soon after my return from the Amsterdam, I would actually get on a train and go up there for a night. But, sadly, even though the 21st falls on my night off, the budget is gonna be really tight ... too tight for a night in New York City that soon after a 30-day cruise.

Oh, well ... hopefully someone will post about the good times had ... then we can all at least share in them vicariously.

Blue skies ...

--rita

JimandStan, I've been pondering Va Va Voom ever since yesterday;) . Of course I'm seeing this as a good thing which says a lot.

Anyway, wish I could be there but sadly you guys will have to be without this particularly "Va Va Voom" girl. I'm sure there will be someone else with plenty!!!!:D

It's quite a large group, Sail. Calm_Seas (with, I would imagine, the help of a few) has compiled the list. As of December 18, 2005, it was:

ekerr19 - (2) – Sonny & Laura

atseadaze - (2) - Karen & Bob

seawyllow - (5) - Chris, Larry (with Katie, Eileen & Stephen)

revneal - (1) - Greg

Baron2e - (2) - Bill & Eileen + 2 couples (Tony & Gloria and Stu & Jan) all from NJ -- total of (6)

Ballpark - (1?) - With NJ group?

General Max - (2) – Gen. & Mrs. Max (John & Peggy)

calm seas - (1) – Martha

WISCruiser - (1) - Alan

bepsf - (2) – Brian & Scotty

CateW - (2) – Bill & Cathy

JRachels - (1) - Joyce

ejbmorr - (1) - Traveling with 3 others from PA -- total of (4)

rwm - (2) - Rosemary & Gary - from PA

Mikekaren - (2) - Mike & Karen - from Somerset, England

cruisingdj – (2) – DJ & (DJ’s mom) Clazien – from The Netherlands (a.k.a. Holland)

(board names unlisted) - (2) - Sue & Giselle – Ottawa, Canada

PapaHay – (2) – names not given – Milford, CT

JimandStan – (4) – Jim, Stan, Mark & Don – Stamford, CT

egimports – (2) – Ed & Ann –

FallBride – (2) – Tricia & Dan – New York

Sunshine91 – (2) – names not given – DE

Vic The Parrot – (1) – Vic – NJ

Dutchie - (2) – John & Kathy – Toronto, Canada

PRINSENDAM – (2) – Stephen & Ruth

By my count, that's 54 CCers. That we know of.

Has an update been posted since the December 27th listing??? I might have missed it.

It's quite a large group, Sail. Calm_Seas (with, I would imagine, the help of a few) has compiled the list. As of December 18, 2005, it was:

By my count, that's 54 CCers. That we know of.

Has an update been posted since the December 27th listing??? I might have missed it.

Rev--

I forgot to mention...

Carolyn from CruiseCritic will be aboard too!

It should be very interesting meeting her and getting her opinion on things!

Reminder: If you want to join us for Dinner at the View on the 21st, you need to let us know. So far, we have only had 13 takers (out of nearly 60 CC members sailing with us)!

Guest List as of 1/3/05:

1. Brian

2. Scotty

3. Martha

4. Greg (Revneal)

5. Mike

6. Karen

7. Max

8. Peggy

9. Joyce

10. Suzane

11. Giselle

12. Stan

13. Jim

Rev--

I forgot to mention...

Carolyn from CruiseCritic will be aboard too!

It should be very interesting meeting her and getting her opinion on things!

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info... :D It's getting c-l-o-s-e-r

Vic-

Won't you PPPPLLLEEAAASSSSEEEE Join us?

I know we'd all enjoy your scintilating company.

That's as "Twistee" as I can manage

If you say yes, you'd be lucky # 14!

We have a nice mix going for this dinner party.....

Let me know, the restaurant needs notice

Jim

aka "The CC version of Pearl Mesta" (If you don't know who Pearl was, you're far too young!)

I need to win the lottery. I really need to win the lottery. I really really need to win the lottery. I really really need to win the lottery NOW! Have always wanted to join all on this cruise, but alas, will have to toast you from home and plan on taking the next maiden voyage of a HAL ship. Looking forward to all of your reviews. May you be blessed with smooth seas!

I need to win the lottery. I really need to win the lottery. I really really need to win the lottery. I really really need to win the lottery NOW!

Have you bought a ticket? ;) God can work many miracles ... but you've got to do your part, you know. Just remember ... gambling calls forth a double-tithe -- 10% because everything belongs to God, and 10% as a sin offering. :) After all ... the priest has gotta cruise too. :D

Have you bought a ticket? ;) God can work many miracles ... but you've got to do your part, you know. Just remember ... gambling calls forth a double-tithe -- 10% because everything belongs to God, and 10% as a sin offering. :) After all ... the priest has gotta cruise too. :D

Very funny! Tell you what, if I win prior to this cruise, I will pay the 10% to God and reimburse you for your cruise as my sin offering. Does that work?;)

Archived