Concierge Room vs Veranda Room on Transatlantic Cruise

SoccerMom#3

Thinking about a transatlantic cruise and can't decide between a concierge room and a veranda room. The price isn't that different. Are the perks for concierge worth the small price difference? I'm a princess so like the perks but my husband is all about the price :-) Edited to clarify that when I say "perks" I mean the extras for being in a concierge room. I don't mean the "perks" that Celebrity offers for some cruises since those aren't offered on a transatlantic sailing-boo

I don't think it's worth the money on a TA cruise. Main reason I choose concierge is the boarding day lunch in the MDR and the points....the cabins are the same....the balconies are the same and the "afternoon savories" are really not worth it unless you can get fresh fruit plate (you have to ask)...I've never been asked about pillow selection, which is no big deal because the pillows are usually 2 hard and 2 soft.

We are on next falls Oct 22 TA cruise. I initially paid $1349 p/p for the veranda on the 9th deck. They lowered the price last week and I switched to a Concierge on the 9th deck for 1299, saving $50 per person or $100 savings. I could have stayed in the same cabin and saved $200 instead. I figured Concierge was worth it for $50 p/p difference.

We are on next falls Oct 22 TA cruise. I initially paid $1349 p/p for the veranda on the 9th deck. They lowered the price last week and I switched to a Concierge on the 9th deck for 1299, saving $50 per person or $100 savings. I could have stayed in the same cabin and saved $200 instead. I figured Concierge was worth it for $50 p/p difference.

That's the cruise we're looking at :)

We lucked out for this upcoming Reflection Transatlantic. We booked a concierge 2 room. Then after final payment, the prices dropped and when we called the online cruise company who booked the cruise for us, we got an aqua room at no additional charge. It’s all about supply and demand. And checking prices frequently. Good luck.

Thinking about a transatlantic cruise and can't decide between a concierge room and a veranda room. The price isn't that different. Are the perks for concierge worth the small price difference? I'm a princess so like the perks but my husband is all about the price :-) Edited to clarify that when I say "perks" I mean the extras for being in a concierge room. I don't mean the "perks" that Celebrity offers for some cruises since those aren't offered on a transatlantic sailing-boo

SoccerMom -

You didn't mention which ship you are on for this transatlantic. Based on the date of departure, you must be on the Reflection. I've done a TA on this ship and it is a wonderful experience. You will get all types of opinions about whether the perks of Concierge Class are worth springing extra for. I see that somebody already posted a comparison chart so do take a look and see what you think. The MDR lunch on embarkation day is supposed to be quite popular (not to mention it beats the crowds at the Oceanview Cafe). I don't know if you have any status with Celebrity (or thinking about accrual of points), but you do get 5 points per day in Concierge (vs. 3 points in a standard verandah stateroom). That equates to an extra 28 points to you (and your husband) for booking a concierge class stateroom. I think the majority of people will say that if the cost difference is minimal (only you know what that is for you), then you should go to Concierge.

Enjoy your cruise!

We are also on this TA and we opted for a 1A cabin with a larger balcony over concierge. We are elite plus and will never reach zenith even though we cruise 3X a year...so points mean nothing. I’d rather have the balcony space than the lunch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Take the money and go with the Standard Veranda cabin. Negligible differences with Concierge cabins. The only reason we have gone with the Concierge cabins is if we get an additional perk. If there are no perk packages on the TA, no reason to get the TA.

Thank you everyone for the info including the pdf of the cabin difference and the link to the roll call. As I thought, there are pros and cons to both cabin types and prices. It seems that if the price isn't that different, concierge is the way to go. Now we just have to decide if we are going to book the cruise...

The main difference (other than the lunch) is the "snacks" in the afternoon. These are very lame, in my opinion. I wouldn't pay much more. The key is, often the better location staterooms are Concierge rather than Veranda. That is the main reason I would pick Concierge.

As far as Aqua, we were "upgraded" on one Alaska cruise without our approval. We prefer large table fixed dining which you can't get in Aqua. You can't even ask to eat with others when you show up for dinner. And, the cabin was actually a worse location, so high on the ship that our view of the mountains on shore were blocked by infrastructure above us.

I will be in Concierge class on my TA in April. My reason behind this decision is 150 points for 15 days travelling 'solo' in concierge....and I become Elite in less than 3 cruises. Last year I did a 13 day TA also in concierge & solo for 130 points and another 10 day also in concierge (with my husband) for 50 points. I did like the priority embarkation and the special embarkation lunch. I am hoping I will embark early enough on the ship for the TA 10 days from today. I do enjoy the fresh fruit plate in the afternoon.

Thank you everyone for the info including the pdf of the cabin difference and the link to the roll call. As I thought, there are pros and cons to both cabin types and prices. It seems that if the price isn't that different, concierge is the way to go. Now we just have to decide if we are going to book the cruise...

There are not a lot of cabins left in Concierge right now. You can put one "on hold" for 24 hours or you can reserve it with the deposit which is 100% refundable untill July 20th, I believe. If you don't have a Travel Agent you can book direct and still transfer it later to an agent if they offer you some OBC.

There are not a lot of cabins left in Concierge right now. You can put one "on hold" for 24 hours or you can reserve it with the deposit which is 100% refundable untill July 20th, I believe. If you don't have a Travel Agent you can book direct and still transfer it later to an agent if they offer you some OBC.

You read my mind....that's my plan for today. I tend to overthing things but it looks like I have nothing to lose by putting a cabin on hold or reserving with a deposit today.

I would pick according to the best room location especially on a TA where you will be onboard much longer - don't think the Concierge Class perks are much at all. If on an M class ship, I would pick the CC rooms for the extra space but that is not a factor on S class ships.

I booked the Concierge Cabin today. Yeah!! The price wasn't that different and I figured I better book before it was too late. Thank you all so much for your advice.

Know the fun part begins...planning

Congrats. I hope to meet you on board. Don't forget to check out Celebrity Air. I found a HUGE savings on the 1 way flight to Rome for a Business class seat. Decent savings on regular seats.

Congrats. I hope to meet you on board. Don't forget to check out Celebrity Air. I found a HUGE savings on the 1 way flight to Rome for a Business class seat. Decent savings on regular seats.

Definitely we will have to meet on board. Thanks for the heads about about using Celebrity Air for flights. That's one of my next steps.

We are also on this TA and we opted for a 1A cabin with a larger balcony over concierge. We are elite plus and will never reach zenith even though we cruise 3X a year...so points mean nothing. I’d rather have the balcony space than the lunch.

I agree. I'll take that bigger balcony any day. Particularly for a TA. Also agree about the impossibility of reaching Zenith.