Beach towels

Peso

We are booked in the Norwegian Jade. A family member recently was on the escape. They found it very cool in the restaurants and entertainment areas. Anyone that has been in the Jade have a comment? Shall I pack a few sweaters? Also do they provide beach towels when leaving for the day? Some people have said their cruise line did. Thanks in advance. Any other advice for 1st time cruisers would be appreciated. We are western Caribbean. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. All ships that I have been on provided beach towels. However my only NCL cruise was only one night, so I would suggest you seek out the NCL board here, located under Cruise Lines A-O, and ask your questions there. As far as inside temps go, I am very sensitive to temp and drafts, so I always carry a shawl and/or coverup, one that can mix and match with everything I take. EM

Every cruise I’ve been on provided towels, including NCL Dawn. Just bring it back, some lines say they’ll charge you if you don’t bring it back. I always have some kind of cover for restaurants, shoes etc...I hate being cold. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always bring some kin of sweater, jacket, shrug, shawl on a cruise. It can be very cool indoors and also outside on the deck at times. Nice sweaters for the dining room and nightime activities, casual sweaters and jackets for other times.

Some cruise lines place a beach towel in your cabin -- 1 per person. If it gets dirty, just place it on the bathroom floor and your cabin steward will replace it with a clean one. It is true that some cruise lines will charge you if you lose the beach towel. For example, HAL charges $28 per towel.

I always pack a shawl as you never know where it might be cold on the ship.

All cruise lines provide towels for pool and beach use...

Whether the interior of the ship feels cools depends on what you think is chilly! I always bring some sort of "wrap/sweater", but rarely have I needed it. Better to have it, than not!

Most cruise ships have chilly air con so always bring a hoody/sweater/jumper.

We were on the Jade in Norway (not sure if you will be in Europe and the US) and it was the same temp on most ships so we both had our hoodies on at times.

Out on deck the sea air can be chilly even in hotter climes too.

Jade outdoor towels are green and white striped. Use them instead of the bath towels in your cabin as they are bigger and theres no sign in/out procedure.