Dress up Nights Equinox

nacfsu

How dressed up do people get? We dress up every day in our real lives and wanted to stay pretty casual. What do most people wear?

You will get many answers to that question varying from jeans and a long sleeve button down shirt to tuxedo and gowns or cocktail dresses and both extremes will be adamant about their viewpoint. In reality, the new guidelines for EC allow for quite a bit of room for personal interpretation. Most folks of the cruises we've been on since formal nights were discontinued tend to dress up more on the EC than they do on other nights. Many men wear jacket, with or without a tie, or long sleeve dress shirt (with or without a tie) and trousers, although I've seen many with nice, dark wash jeans. Women tend to wear a wide gamut, but few are in long formal gowns, a few more are in cocktail, and most are more dressed up than ordinary nights in nice pants, dressy tops or dresses. You will see a bit of everything.

How dressed up do people get? We dress up every day in our real lives and wanted to stay pretty casual. What do most people wear?

You will be fine staying casual.

If we go alone or with friends that also like to stay casual, I wear a nice pair or slacks with a dressy top and my DH wears a pair of black khaki pants and a long sleeved button up shirt and maybe a tie. We don't go in jeans on elegant chic night but have seen others that do. If we go with friends that love to dress up, we also do the same ... black suit and tie for the DH and a skirt, heels and formal top for me. Either way, we've never felt out of place because there are plenty of fellow passengers dressed just like us be it the first or second option.

Not much dressing up on Equinox.

Think casual, no problem with torn jeans.

About 5 % will look really great, tux and all but most will interpret chic as casual as every other night.

No problem wearing baseball caps on casual nights either.

Shorts are ok for ladies every night.

I’m one of those who misses the Formal Night. I still wear a Dinner Jacket (Tux) for the EC nights and my wife a long dress and find there are still a fair number of people who do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About 5 % will look really great, tux and all but most will interpret chic as casual as every other night.

I could not disagree with this summary more. I've never seen bb caps in MDR on any X cruise. :confused:

Shorts are NOT allowed for men or women, that comment is absolutely not true.

Another dress thread,,thought there was a sticky???`

NO SHORTS at dinner for anyone...other than the buffet or your own balcony!

basic etiquette still applies....,,,,Baseball cap in malls or burger places might be okay but not so in restaurants...

Most do dress a bit nicer on chic nights, some very nice..... think modern but definitely a bit upscale...

For a special anniv or b day celebration, many dress very fancy..,and enjoy a special evening out, just like at home. Optional but nice!