First Celebrity Cruise - drink package question

Grover_

I am taking my first cruise on Celebrity next month. I am considering buying the non-alcoholic drink package onboard (soda, coffee, water). My husband doesn’t drink soda or coffee, so he wouldn’t buy a package for himself.

We usually sail on Princess and I buy the coffee punch card and the soda package. My husband often gets up earlier than I do and he brings me back a coffee from the coffee bar using a punch on the card.

Will he be able to get a coffee for me (he doesn’t drink coffee or soda -so this package would only be used for me) using my card?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your husband would need to take your key card to Cafe al Bacio to get your coffee drink for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have taken both cards and received two drinks. I am not sure what they would do if you only had someone else’s card.

Probably wrong again, ... At least for some of the drink packages, the two "primary" occupants of the cabin need to buy the same package.

Not if the package is purchased. Only if it an included perk that is selected.

One time my husband was the only one with a drink package and I went to the coffee shop while he sat at the tables with a photographer going over our photoshoot pictures. The barista gave me a hard time because I was using his card. So if you have a feminine name they may give him a hard time.

I love to start my mornings with a pot of hot coffee from room service and some nice croissants to enjoy on the balcony. No charge from room service between 6:00 AM (6:30?) and 11:00PM (or midnight?). The coffee is pretty decent on board since they started using Lavazza, and doesn't require a beverage package if you obtain it from the OVC or order it in the dining rooms (MDR or specialty restaurants). The specialty coffees at Café al Bacio and in any of the restaurants on board require a package or a charge.