Club Class Mini Suites - Are they worth it?

AusQueen

Booked for the 49 day South American thing for February 2019. Have been wait listed for a Club Class cabin after booking a mid ship mini-suite. Has anyone tried the club class thing? Is it worth getting into one as compared to just a mini-suite? Have tried the mini -suite before and it was very good at the Regal.

There are many many threads on this subject out there. Just do a search and you will read all about it.

If you do, you will see that I love CC dining and its midship mini-suites with bigger angled balconies. CC dining is, at this time, the best of ATD and traditional dining. Love going at around 6pm or so and getting right in and having my special drink by my side in a couple minutes, etc. etc. If dining isn't a thing with you as it is to me, and you enjoy the buffet, then I would say that paying the extra monies probably wouldn't be worth it to you, but to me it is worth every penny.

Pooh

There are many many threads on this subject out there. Just do a search and you will read all about it.

If you do, you will see that I love CC dining and its midship mini-suites with bigger angled balconies. CC dining is, at this time, the best of ATD and traditional dining. Love going at around 6pm or so and getting right in and having my special drink by my side in a couple minutes, etc. etc. If dining isn't a thing with you as it is to me, and you enjoy the buffet, then I would say that paying the extra monies probably wouldn't be worth it to you, but to me it is worth every penny.

Pooh

Thanks for your feedback. Dining is a big deal for us when we are on a cruise - LOL. I think I will pursue the CC option. Norwegian has a similar one - private areas for breakfast, lunch or dinner BUT it is only offered when you are in a Suite and not in a mini-suite. I don't think I can survive 49 days being in a buffet - LOL. It will drive me mad. I enjoy those private and quiet rooms to have my meals from time to time. Buffet and the normal dining areas are okay but the CC option seems like a great idea for a long cruise. Thanks again.

Booked for the 49 day South American thing for February 2019. Have been wait listed for a Club Class cabin after booking a mid ship mini-suite. Has anyone tried the club class thing? Is it worth getting into one as compared to just a mini-suite? Have tried the mini -suite before and it was very good at the Regal.

Here is my take on it, compare the price to what you would pay to do regular mini suite and a special dining room like the Crown Grill, then you can decide. For us, we prefer the Crown Grill, if we eat there every night we can go around the same time give or take a 1/2 hour and have the same table and very good service. There is enough variety on the menu that we never get tired of it.

I don't think I can survive 49 days being in a buffet - LOL. It will drive me mad. I enjoy those private and quiet rooms to have my meals from time to time. Buffet and the normal dining areas are okay but the CC option seems like a great idea for a long cruise. Thanks again.

Please realize that the CC dining is in one of the normal dining rooms, just off the one side with its own entrance. It is not, like on some other cruise lines when you book a higher level cabin, a special dining room that is not part of a regular dining room.

Here is my take on it, compare the price to what you would pay to do regular mini suite and a special dining room like the Crown Grill, then you can decide. For us, we prefer the Crown Grill, if we eat there every night we can go around the same time give or take a 1/2 hour and have the same table and very good service. There is enough variety on the menu that we never get tired of it.

49 days at the Crown Grille? NO WAY! Come on guys. When you are talking a longer cruise I dismiss comparing CC costs to specialty dining. It just is not the same thing at all. I can only take Crown Grille once in a 7-10 day period. Their menu(besides your main meat) is not varied at all in my opinion. Besides if I do a Crown Grill, that is $29pp more per day. I have never paid more than $20pp(and that only once) for CC mini vs. mini in same location. One of my upcoming cruises it was only $9.

Therefore, I don't think comparing CC to Specialty Dining is a valid consideration. If you are talking money, it is cheaper to do CC (with the assumption that you will do specialty dining each night).

I don't care about the monies. I love the ease of CC dining and the care the CC staff give to me.

Pooh

49 days at the Crown Grille? NO WAY! Come on guys. When you are talking a longer cruise I dismiss comparing CC costs to specialty dining. It just is not the same thing at all. I can only take Crown Grille once in a 7-10 day period. Their menu(besides your main meat) is not varied at all in my opinion. Besides if I do a Crown Grill, that is $29pp more per day. I have never paid more than $20pp(and that only once) for CC mini vs. mini in same location. One of my upcoming cruises it was only $9.

Therefore, I don't think comparing CC to Specialty Dining is a valid consideration. If you are talking money, it is cheaper to do CC (with the assumption that you will do specialty dining each night).

I don't care about the monies. I love the ease of CC dining and the care the CC staff give to me.

Pooh

Your stated costs for CC in a mini are only that low when ship is not full...I learned from Celebrity Aqua Class with Blu restaurant, which IS in a separate dining room, that sitting at a table for 2, with the food just ok.....a big hype for “healthier” food. Much prefer traditional dining with table for 6.

The cost for CC on Princess is 1K more than my minisuite & does not even compare to BLU on Celebrity.

There are plenty of other ways to eat on the ship that can offer convenience; we prefer to indulge in other venues.

1. Moderators, could we please have a sticky for Club Class versus a post every other day discussing it?
  2. The claim of “I can do specialty dining for less” misses the major benefit of Club Class in that you need a reservation for specialty dining and you don’t for Club Class. For those who like flexibility in their dining times with no wait, Club Class is the answer. On port intensive itineraries with long days onshore, we find it invaluable.
  3. The price varies and is definitely a consideration. However it can vary widely from a lot to very little, or as in our case next month, the same price as a regular mini. As a traveler you need to decide whether or not it’s worth it to you.

IMHO, No. But that's only my opinion. Why would I pay 600 to 1500 dollars more for a mini suite.

I have always booked a mini suite but on deck 8 Aft. They are covered and provide shade and privacy. Also the Vista Lounge on deck 7 is not a concern for noise.

But to each his own.

And a lot of times, CC mini suites are not that expensive : 120 $ pp more than a midship MA on my next 12 days cruise ! Not the "hundreds and thousands" people who don't want to book CC always use as a major argument to justify their choice!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Forums

Two factors worth considering:

1) What's the itinerary like? If it's something like Alaska where you'll have perhaps three nights in port, regular Anytime Dining won't be packed, so I'd see less value in CC.

2) Who are you traveling with? If traveling with non-CCers, you may end up in "coach" with them, thereby negating the value. We sailed on the Ruby in a suite, and had the usual suite breakfast daily, but on disembarkation day the suite breakfast is closed. While we could have had breakfast in CC, my folks were traveling with us in a non-CC mini, and so we ended up joining them for breakfast (and boy was service poor compared to what we'd learned to expect).

Current pricing for Regal - Nov.2018, 7 day eastern carib

lowest price per selection

interior - 699

balcony - 899

deluxe aft balcony - 1139

mini - 1149

CC mini - 1419 = 270 more pp = 38.57 pp pd

suite - 2653

so for us, a deluxe aft is better than a mini

Your stated costs for CC in a mini are only that low when ship is not full...I learned from Celebrity Aqua Class with Blu restaurant, which IS in a separate dining room, that sitting at a table for 2, with the food just ok.....a big hype for “healthier” food. Much prefer traditional dining with table for 6.

The cost for CC on Princess is 1K more than my minisuite & does not even compare to BLU on Celebrity.

There are plenty of other ways to eat on the ship that can offer convenience; we prefer to indulge in other venues.

Glad I book early when ship is not full then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;p Again, you have backed up my point. CC, to me, delivers what I expect from it and worth the little extra monies I spend. As you said, indulging is personal. Thank goodness I can indulge on a CC mini and any other venues I might want to do too!

Pooh

Current pricing for Regal - Nov.2018, 7 day eastern carib

lowest price per selection

interior - 699

balcony - 899

deluxe aft balcony - 1139

mini - 1149

CC mini - 1419 = 270 more pp = 38.57 pp pd

suite - 2653

so for us, a deluxe aft is better than a mini

I did not know which date you were comparing. I looked at the 11/25 cruise because it was the least expensive.

A mid ship Mini was $1183

Club Mini next door. $1284

The difference is $101 PP or approximately $14.50 a person per day.

IMO, it would be worth it. (Comparing between those two options)

Methinks this is a "Should I order chocolate or pistachio ice cream?" question. No single answer,

just an answer for you and a (possibly the same, but maybe not) answer for me.

Love your analogy. I only wish that the chocolate or pistachio ice cream would not cost about US $ 1000 more each :) The trip is still about 8 months away. Still a lot of time to ask myself what flavor I want :)