Do others on "linked" booking get priority boarding.

sailing_scot

Maybe they were in a suite. On our second cruise we were in a full suite and got to go to the priority boarding area in SF.

That's true, but the couple were not in a suite, they were in an inside cabin.

We are Platinum. (DH is anyway)

We are sailing the Regal out of FLL.

We are going to arrive early and are hoping to board early to make all of our cruise reservations and arrangements.

I don't know if our status will be very much help. But, I am assuming that there will be a morning rush, and will try to arrive early and check-in as Platinum, and go the Platinum/Elite route. Perhaps that will allow us to board a few minutes earlier????

If you are embarking at terminal 2 (which is normal for the Regal Princess) in Port Everglades there are separate elite and platinum waiting areas. BVE guests and wedding parties board first, followed by suites and elites, then platinum and then everyone else. As others have noted, the number of folks with a priority higher than yours is difficult to determine in advance. The passengers on some itineraries (Alaska for example, shorter than 7 day cruises, etc.) are overwhelmingly newbies or cruisers with just a couple of past Princess cruises. Trans-Atlantic and other long itineraries can have over a thousand elites. Stay calm and collected - it won't take long for your vacation to begin under either circumstance!

Seems as though everyone on this board is "elite, platinum elite, gold elite, Super secret elite, on and on….

Me and DW will be in the first time cruisers line….apparently, we will be on BEFORE everyone else….because we will be the only ones in the "poor little fellas" line. :D

Now THAT'S what I call - PRIORITY boarding!!! :D

Well, if i am on your cruise I'll stay in humble line with u....this board does get pretentious at times.

We often arrive after the rush and walk right on...that way there is no line.....only benefit in arriving early might be if you want to have lunch in the dining room.

Thank you Capricco!

So, it sounds like Platinum is not grouped with Elite, but are next in line.

We will excited and anxious to board, but will try to refrain from cutting in line, breaking the rules, and trampling others!!! Hahahaha!!!!

And, I just want to say that for those who want to get any coveted reservations that they want will benefit from arriving early. That is our motivation. We do not plan to sit and dine in the MDR. Otherwise, we would be very happy to arrive after the morning rush!!!!

Thank you Capricco!

So, it sounds like Platinum is not grouped with Elite, but are next in line.

We will excited and anxious to board, but will try to refrain from cutting in line, breaking the rules, and trampling others!!! Hahahaha!!!!

And, I just want to say that for those who want to get any coveted reservations that they want will benefit from arriving early. That is our motivation. We do not plan to sit and dine in the MDR. Otherwise, we would be very happy to arrive after the morning rush!!!!

So what are the coveted reservations?

So what happens when an Elite guest is doing the Bon Voyage Experience and has linked his reservation with ours (Elite in a full suite) and vice versa.

There is nothing on our Cruise Personalizer showing that we are linked. Will we be able to board together (Grand Princess in San Francisco) with the BVE group? Or must we wait for the Elite/Suite group?

Frankly, with so many people using the priority boarding lines, its no longer a perk to have priority boarding. The last two cruises I was on the regular line was shorter than the priority line. Its only going to continue as more people get priority status and as more people bring friends with them who do not have priority boarding status.

There is a difference between priority check-in and priority boarding.

Yes, for check-in the regular line may be shorter than the priority line. Just use whichever is shorter.

Priority boarding is only useful if boarding has not started yet. If boarding has not yet started, suites/elites/platinums go to special areas to await boarding while non-priority passengers will be given a boarding group number and seated elsewhere. So in this case, priority boarding means boarding before the non-priority passengers.

But if you check in after boarding has started and those waiting have boarded, you will go straight from check in onto the ship. Priority is not involved at all for boarding in this case.

Theoretically those with priority status can check in with non-priority people in their group but cannot have the non-priority people board with the priority group assuming boarding has not yet started when checking in. How often this happens can vary.

DIL never cruised before. My son is Platinum. She checked in priority and boarded with our family. No issue at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One makes the assumption that they were in the same cabin, in which case this is the norm. It is a different issue if the extended family is not in the same cabin. That's what the discussion is about.

There are many times when the regular check in line is shorter than the priority check in line. It happens on other lines as well.

Sadly this happens when so many Platinum/ Elite passengers insist on taking their extended family/ friends through the Priority line and thinking they are doing what they, as Platinum/ Elite, are entitled to do !!

( No..it's only those actually in same cabin not split couples to make extra priority or your huge group of 13 cabins etc just because you're linked to one Platinum/ Elite pax !)

Consider the small percentage of passengers who use Cruise Critic,...if so many are 'explaining their reasoning' for taking others through Priority, you would imagine there to be a very large percentage who are doing the same but not telling us about it......hence very long priority lines!!!

Edited by Reina del Mar

So what happens when an Elite guest is doing the Bon Voyage Experience and has linked his reservation with ours (Elite in a full suite) and vice versa.

There is nothing on our Cruise Personalizer showing that we are linked. Will we be able to board together (Grand Princess in San Francisco) with the BVE group? Or must we wait for the Elite/Suite group?

The Elite for the BVE doesn’t matter as everyone doing the BVE boards as one group. If you are linked with that person doing the BVE, you will be able to board with them.

It has never shown in either my cruise personalizer or boarding pass when we are linked with someone becauase we aren’t doing the BVE. They do have a list at the port and know that we are with the BVE party.

One of the times we did it, we boarded at the same time with the Elite. Other times, it’s been shortly before.

Seems as though everyone on this board is "elite, platinum elite, gold elite, Super secret elite, on and on….

Me and DW will be in the first time cruisers line….apparently, we will be on BEFORE everyone else….because we will be the only ones in the "poor little fellas" line. :D

Now THAT'S what I call - PRIORITY boarding!!! :D

Sometimes the priority line can be longer.

I hope that you will enjoy your first Princess cruise. If you or any one that you are traveling with was in the military, apply for the OBC.

So what are the coveted reservations?

Things such as the Chef's Table, Ship Tour, picking your lounger in the Sanctuary, Reservations for Specialty Dining (you have to wait until you are onboard if it is complimentary), shore excursions if you didn't want to prepay but use your OBC instead for payment. All of my OBC is non-refundable so I want to use it onboard, especially if you have complimentary gratuities.

Things such as the Chef's Table, Ship Tour, picking your lounger in the Sanctuary, Reservations for Specialty Dining (you have to wait until you are onboard if it is complimentary), shore excursions if you didn't want to prepay but use your OBC instead for payment. All of my OBC is non-refundable so I want to use it onboard, especially if you have complimentary gratuities.

Note--you are now able to make shore excursion reservations on line in advance and pay with OBC.

Note--you are now able to make shore excursion reservations on line in advance and pay with OBC.

Yes, I know that, but they refuse to split the CCL shareholders OBC, posted under one person only. Plus there is additional OBC for Captains Circle that you get onboard only.