Emerald Princess Riviera Deck Question

hydrodriver831

We will be sailing on the Emerald Princess (May 2018). Our cabin is located aft and was just wondering if anyone knew if there was direct access to the Terrace Pool. It is hard to tell on the deck plans. Thanks.

Yes, you will have direct access. I love the location, just go out the doors at the very aft, up a couple of stairs and the pool is right there. If you go up one more flight, you will have access to the aft pool bar and the Horizon court.

Booked it for last months Caribbean Princess cruise and have it booked for our next two cruises on the Crown. Have also booked it three times before that. Love it and very convenient. Who says variety is the spice of life. :cool::D

We were booked on Lido and it was a pain to go through the buffet to get back to that pool. My wife loves the aft pool so she took to using Rivera deck as the best way to get back there. No traffic and a straight shot back to the pool. We've talked about booking Riviera aft as it has such great access to the pool, the bar, and the buffet. One of these days... :D

We love the aft staterooms with easy access.

Good news is that our personal servant exits the door to prepare for us towels on two chairs, brings four iced teas and a select of fruit for us to enjoy at the back pool for the day.

Bad news is I’m the servant.

Booked it for last months Caribbean Princess cruise and have it booked for our next two cruises on the Crown. Have also booked it three times before that. Love it and very convenient. Who says variety is the spice of life. :cool::D

Hello; just a quick question. I expanded your signature and see you have been on most of the Princess fleet. Which ship do you like the most and why do you like it over another? Thanks

Hello; just a quick question. I expanded your signature and see you have been on most of the Princess fleet. Which ship do you like the most and why do you like it over another? Thanks

Hmmmm....

First I have to say I haven't been on a Princess ship that I don't like. Of course, we haven't sailed on the Sun Class ships or the revamped Island so I can't pass judgement.

Ironically, my two favorites are the largest (Regal) and the smallest (Pacific and Ocean).

The Regal is beautiful, has the great buffet, a large Crooners, the Retreat Pool, Alfredos and other optional dining venues found only on the Royal Class ships, a great walking/running track, Winemakers Dinner and never seemed crowded to us.

The Pacific is just a fantastic experience. It's size makes it intimate and incredibly friendly, both in terms of your fellow passengers and the crew. It has that "older world" look and takes only a few minutes to get anywhere. On both the Pacific and Ocean we felt the MDR food was a bit better and of course there's Oscar the Maitre'd. :D There's also a surprisingly decent walking/running track. Both of our cruises were Northern Europe and very port intensive. This is the perfect ship for this given it can dock closer in than the large ships. Of course on the other hand, given the fewer bells and whistles, it wouldn't be my first choice for a Caribbean itinerary.

The Coral was the perfect ship for our Panama Canal full transit. The viewing can't be beat and the passenger to space ratio is excellent. This would be my first choice going forward for Alaska also.

Having said all this, most of our cruises have been on the Gem Class ships (plus the CB). We love the Terrace pools, Skywalkers, Crooners, having the Sabatini's / Adagio combination. Obviously the layout becomes "familiar" over time ;), but it's also very welcoming.

Just as a side note, although we now have 24 days on the CB and we very much like the new additions, I'm not a huge fan of how Skywalkers hangs over the Terrace pool from a sun/shade perspective (I know many will disagree) and Crooners is way to small and crowded during peak times. :cocktail::cocktail:

Finally, our first cruise (2008) was on the Diamond. I know we loved it because we just turned elite. :) However, other than the four Anytime Dining Rooms I can't really remember many of the details, so I can't comment....haha.....gettin' old.

Thank you very much for all the great feedback. I am going to look at small ship experience. The only small ship I have been on is Royal Caribbean's Majesty. We want to doing Italy and maybe Pacific Princess will fit this requirement. Again, thanks for your feedback. Of course if Royal or Regal sail out of Italy I may look at that too.