Part of Port Everglades shut down!

kvosu1

The Freedom of the Seas port is closed due to some kind of explosive threat. People can’t get on or off. People walking with all their luggage probably a half mile away from ship. I’m not sure where they are going but their a LONG way from their ship. We’re on Silhouette, not sure if we will be leaving on time but they have NO chance of leaving on time!

The Freedom of the Seas port is closed due to some kind of explosive threat. People can’t get on or off. People walking with all their luggage probably a half mile away from ship. I’m not sure where they are going but their a LONG way from their ship. We’re on Silhouette, not sure if we will be leaving on time but they have NO chance of leaving on time!

The Eurodam in Terminal 19 was supposed to leave at 2, but hasn't moved. I wonder if this issue is affecting all of the ships?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My DH worked for a company that sold police equipment and came in contact with law enforcement daily, including dogs . The dog should have been well trained to ignore anything resembling food. Their mission is to detect explosive, gun power, etc. If not, the dog and company needs retraining.

Don't certain chemical/mechanical smells remain on various surfaces even after the materials have been removed? Perhaps someone had handled something and no longer had it, but the traces remained and that's what the dog detected ... ?

Would the dog be well fed and trained?

Freedom changed his departure from 17:30 to 19:00

I would think if it was from a private security firm as indicated in the article, the dog would clearly be trained and certainly well fed. It isn't a random mutt wandering around the pier that started the ruckus!

If you read the article it states that "all returned to normal at 12:39" - once it was determined that there was no issue.

Yeah, I know how to read, but thanks for pointing out the discrepancy, especially since the news is always so accurate.

If you read the article it states that "all returned to normal at 12:39" - once it was determined that there was no issue.

This is totally FALSE!!! We are on Silhouette which was right next to Freedom. 2 o’clock yesterday afternoon & the road was still blocked by the police. People were walking at least a half mile with all their belongings. I’m not sure where they were going but NOBODY was heading towards the ship. Every ship left port EXCEPT Freedom. I have no idea what time they left but they were still loading food & luggage approximately 4:30!

This is totally FALSE!!! We are on Silhouette which was right next to Freedom. 2 o’clock yesterday afternoon & the road was still blocked by the police. People were walking at least a half mile with all their belongings. I’m not sure where they were going but NOBODY was heading towards the ship. Every ship left port EXCEPT Freedom. I have no idea what time they left but they were still loading food & luggage approximately 4:30!

Don't jump on me about this - I was only responding with what the article below, as indicated in the second post, said - which BTW was in response to someone else's comments:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article208281554.html