Hairdryer

Peso

Yes. Unfortunately, it is not a super powerful one, but if you bring your own, it will trip the circuit in your room. I made that mistake last year and I had to wait a whole day to do my hair. I have very thick, frizzy hair, so I was not pleased, but it was my own fault. Just plan on taking a little extra time to do your hair if you have thicker hair.

If you don’t mind flat hair, don’t pack a hair dryer.

If you don’t need the convenience of having your own towel, don’t bring one.

I bring both, every time.

Good hair, and I can always spot my chair with the pink towel amongst a thousand blue ones.

Yes. Unfortunately, it is not a super powerful one, but if you bring your own, it will trip the circuit in your room. I made that mistake last year and I had to wait a whole day to do my hair. I have very thick, frizzy hair, so I was not pleased, but it was my own fault. Just plan on taking a little extra time to do your hair if you have thicker hair.

Did you plug the hair dryer in a bathroom outlet ?

A definite NO-NO the bath outlet is for small electrics shavers toothbrush recharging electronics.

While a hair dryer is provided somewhere in the main cabin area (closet drawer etc.) if you bring your own ***

plug it somewhere in the cabin - ask for help from the cabin steward (i.e. where he plugs the vacuum in for

cleaning although make sure it is a 110 volt outlet - you will know by the plug/socket arrangement).

*** the in cabin hair dryer should be adequate for all but the most demanding application.

There are plenty of towels around to help - need more ask your cabin attendant - more towel usage less dryer.

I plugged it in by the desk/vanity area. This was on the Breakaway. Thanks for the tip though. I will definitely bring it with me and ask the cabin steward if there is an outlet to support it.

My hairdryer is a very powerful salon grade dryer. My girlfriend who is a hair dresser ordered it for me. It can't be purchased at a regular store. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I plugged it in by the desk/vanity area. This was on the Breakaway. Thanks for the tip though. I will definitely bring it with me and ask the cabin steward if there is an outlet ...

"Older" NCL ships all have at least one (1) 220 outlets ... in the old days, the hot water kettle plug into that outlet without needing a simple adapter, which is likely what you will need (if you don't already have one) it's the simple 2-pin Euro plug (see attached image below, ones on the bottom)

If your salon grade HD hair driver uses a 3-prong plug, you might need to make sure you have the correct adapter plug; and, check with your RS first to avoid plunging your entire stateroom into darkness, as it can trip the safety circuit breaker & the resulting wait for the onboard electrician to respond to reset ... and, ask questions.

Ships like the Gem, Jewel, Star & Dawn - look for the 220 outlet near the TV and refrigerator, as that's where the bigger coffeemaker used to get plugged in. Do NOT use the 110V outlet inside the bathroom as it is marked shave use only - guaranteed to bring darkness.

Ship's hairdryer in use these days seemed to operate on 220 volts with 1,400 to 1,600 watts, equally powerful compared to the salon grade that DW use, and, she hasn't taken one on a cruise in over a decade ... for her curly hair.

0d2026e95913d7aaf0291daab2d12260.jpg

Bring my own blow dryer and pillow everywhere I travel. I have never had an issue with the room’s electric... however, I have been stuck in a room with a crappy blow dryer and flat pillows... I consider it a lesson learned and will never leave home without it. Have fun and travel comfortably!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Escape today. Blew the TV with my T3 blowdryer last Sunday. I was told by guest services to only use theirs. Outside blowdryers blow the fuse all the time. We were watching the end of the Masters while we were getting ready. Luckily I was almost done and we hurried down to the District Brewhouse to watch the ending. It took them several hours to reset the fuse. Couldn't use any outlet or the tv until reset. There are no outlets in the Escape bathrooms that we could find. That being said, using theirs dried my hair just fine for the rest of the week and I am looking forward to not hauling mine next time.