Table for Two?

sheridan88

are there tables for two on the Summit? My husband and I prefer to eat alone.

Thanks!

Yes of course. You can request this with your TA if you are formal dining or go and speak to the maitre'd when you are on board.

If you are select dining then I am unsure of the request format - I imagine the same principal would apply and just go and speak to the maitre'd.

are there tables for two on the Summit? My husband and I prefer to eat alone.

Thanks!

If you and your husband want to dine alone, shouldn’t you get two tables for one????? Just asking.

My wife and I have had a table for 2 on the Summit and it worked just fine.

Den

If not travelling with friends while doing traditional dining we always request a table for two. When we board, we always go directly to the MDR to make sure our request was honored. On only one occasion it wasn't and then the maître d immediately changed it. You shouldn't have any problem. If doing select dining, just make your reservations or appear and request what you want. Without reservations in Select you may have to wait a bit longer.

We often ask for a table for two, although there is something special about sharing a table with a group and learning from them. Maybe something is happening on the ship we didn’t hear about or a great excursion coming up, or a can’t miss dish on the menu....

At any rate your “two top” will likely be VERY close to another table, think in inches, not feet. There is a tendency to open small talk with your neighbors, if they are interested they let you know, if not then you each mind your own business. Just don’t expect to be alone in a corner where you can have an intimate conversation, someone will likely be within earshot.

We like tables for 2 as we can eat as fast or as slow as we want. Usually we eat fairly quickly and don't often bother with dessert, if we feel like it we'll grab something later from the buffet restaurant or cafe. Eating with others usually means that dinner takes much longer, starting with waiting for everyone to arrive. On our last cruise there was a table for 8 right next to us. On one evening, not one word was exchanged between the 4 different couples and most of them sat looking down at their phones on the table in front of them. It actually made us feel uncomfortable and we weren't even sitting with them! If you hit it off with a good group then that must be great, but I don't want to take the chance.

We always ask for a table for two at select or traditional mostly for the speed, many times we are finished and leaving when the large table next to us is just getting their appetizers. Also we usually do not eat desert, so at a large table do we leave after the main course or do we stay and watch everyone else eat their desert. Early in our cruising life we had some great experiences at large tables but for us once we started tables for two I think it would be hard to go back.

After years of loving a large table in the MDR my DH and I had the misfortune of having to leave a large table not once but 3X! Finally we asked for a 2 top and I told DH not to even make eye contact with the table inches from us.....manners are not what they used to be, and we love people. Now we will always request a 2 top. We love it and it is romantic!

If you and your husband want to dine alone, shouldn’t you get two tables for one????? Just asking.

My wife and I have had a table for 2 on the Summit and it worked just fine.

Den

LOL.....You always seem to come up with a 'certain' perspective.... succinct and to the point. There have been times when DH and I should take your advice.

We didn't request it but had a table for 2 on Silhouette last month. There was a twosome on one side and a foursome on the other. We chatted with the other twosome each evening. Not so much the foursome as they were Italian with very little English while we have even less Italian.

One benefit we noticed was that the twosome tables were served much quicker than the larger tables. That can come in handy if you are trying to make a late show.

Unfortunately we have to request a table for two and have always been taken care of on other lines but this will be our first sailing with Celebrity and we are very excited. We always enjoyed being seated at a large table for the opportunity to meet new people and hear about their experiences however the DH developed an allergy to shellfish mid-life (how does that happen?) In any event now we cant take the risk being seated next to someone ordering shrimp or lobster or the like and a situation developing that ruins everyone's evening.

Also...two tables for one...ALWAYS the way to go!!!!! LOL Happy cruising everyone!!!