Bermuda-Is port open 24 hours?

jessykaw

We are booked on the Summit for a cruise to Bermuda this July. Being that we have two nights in port, will we be able to treat the ship like a floating hotel and come and go as we please? Do you need to report back to the ship by a certain time or can you enjoy the nightlife?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on the Summit for a cruise to Bermuda this July. Being that we have two nights in port, will we be able to treat the ship like a floating hotel and come and go as we please? Do you need to report back to the ship by a certain time or can you enjoy the nightlife?

The ship is your floating hotel. You can do whatever you wish, return early, late or not at all. Just be sure to return before the Summit leaves the port.

We have stayed out as late as 1AM .Bermuda is our favorite place in the Caribbean.

We have stayed out as late as 1AM .Bermuda is our favorite place in the Caribbean.

Bermuda is one of our favorite ports of call as well, but as cmhdoogalsatsea implied it is no where near the Caribbean, but 100's of miles north in the Atlantic off the coast of North Carolina. ;)

There are a few bars and restaurants within walking distance of the pier along with many stores, a glass blowing shop, a small beach, an interesting miniature golf course, and other activities. But most of the bars and restaurants close by about 1:00 AM. But certainly come and go as you please.

Come and go as you please but Bermuda isn’t really a nightlife hotspot. As others have mentioned most bars will be closing up around 1am at the latest. The Dockyard is sort of limited in that there’s like 2 watering holes (and they’re fairly generic). Pretty much all cruise passengers at them.

The places with more local flavor open later will be in downtown Hamilton- but the ferries won’t be running late back to the Dockyard so you’ll be stuck taking a rather expensive taxi at that time of night. There are a few places that claim to be open til 3am but in practice usually close earlier unless there’s a crowd. Last time there was one rowdy enough to keep them going that late that I can remember is during America’s Cup.

Honestly your best bet for a late night bar will be to come back to the ship around midnight and close down Revelations which is the late night venue. Usually open til 2ish in port depending on how many people they have.