Family staterooms.

Tranquil Waters

The aft corner staterooms are great and have HUGE balconies. That being said, while they offer more room and privacy than a normal stateroom, it will still be somewhat close quarters for a group. Depending on who you are traveling with and the ages - it may or may not be a good fit for you.

It is wonderful if you are able to get one if there are just two of you. And personally I think it would be great traveling with young kids. But for me it would be tight with older kids / adults. But every family is different.

Mike

Love, love, love these rooms, but be advised that they may not open them up to you until close to sailing time. I don't think 3 people generally qualify - they prefer to fill them with 4 or 5.

As has been said, one person will have the (usually uncomfortable) pull-out bed, but this is a very nice choice for 3 people. The corner ones are particularly nice due to the huge balconies. Unless things have changed (haven't sailed in one in a long time) they also have a tv in each room as well.

Celebrity is offering the Family Veranda as a guarantee on the Summit repo in October. Since a guarantee means the category you booked or better, does anyone know what is considered an upgrade from the Family Veranda?

Celebrity is offering the Family Veranda as a guarantee on the Summit repo in October. Since a guarantee means the category you booked or better, does anyone know what is considered an upgrade from the Family Veranda?

I would call down to Celebrity and ask because if you book one of these staterooms, it is probably because you want the extra room in the cabin.

I was lucky enough to get one of the corner ones on the Infinity ... best cabin ever!! There will be more privacy and room for a party of three (or even 4). The bathroom is regular sized but there is a ton of shelf and closet space for everyone in your party. The balconies on the corner ones are huge, however, even the ones in the middle aft have large balconies.

I would take a Family Veranda without question. We have been in 7199 three times and it is great. The balcony is absolutely beautiful:):):). We were always able to get one when they opened with fewer than four or five people as it was just the two of us. Enjoy:):):).

A Concierge cabin is considered an upgrade. I found that out when we were booked in a Concierge cabin and moved to aFV. Celebrity reduced the OBC we received for booking onboard as the FV was considered a lower category than a Concierge.

We had a corner FV for the two of us on Infinity for four weeks last spring in South America. We have had everything from inside to sky suite before, and the corner FV was the best. We did not even use all the drawers and cabinets. We did not make the sofas down into beds, but we napped on them. Very comfy. If you need more bathroom space, there are dressing/shower rooms by the spa that might help, but the dresser/mirror in the stateroom goes the full width of the bedroom. Three could easily use it at one time.

Aug 19, so it is more than 4 months out. Might depend on number of available cabins, etc as well as time out from sailing?

Hi we are are booked on this cruise with a FV cabin for a family of 5 but on a guaranteed basis.

We booked this about 6 months ago.

Celebrity have not assigned us a stateroom yet so no idea where we will be. The only upgrade for us would be two concierge or above cabins as I do not think any other normal staterooms sleep 5. Not a big problem if they did:)

Did you book a guarantee?

Really looking forward to this as a relaxing cruise as we have just come of a Princess Pacific Coastal Cruise that was hectic with so many new ports to visit.:D

There is a roll call for this cruise https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2432271

Edited by nomad098
Add roll call

Hi we are are booked on this cruise with a FV cabin for a family of 5 but on a guaranteed basis.

We booked this about 6 months ago.

Celebrity have not assigned us a stateroom yet so no idea where we will be. The only upgrade for us would be two concierge or above cabins as I do not think any other normal staterooms sleep 5. Not a big problem if they did:)

Did you book a guarantee?

Really looking forward to this as a relaxing cruise as we have just come of a Princess Pacific Coastal Cruise that was hectic with so many new ports to visit.:D

There is a roll call for this cruise https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2432271

It would be extremely unlikely for you to be upgraded as no other cabins would take all 5 pax. It’s more likely that others with less than 5 would be moved to an alternative cabin and you would take the FV, which is why X usually do not let pax with less than 5 in the group reserve these type of cabins until closer to sailing date ;).