Steakhouse

kaylaw25

My understanding is that the portions are generous. If there are multiple items within a course that you want, you and your spouse could each select one and split them. My husband and I are booked for our cruise and will likely do this at least with the entree. If they have the new menu most of the sides and apps don't appeal to me, so my husband will likely get two of each because I will give him mine.

We just ate at the Miracle Steakhouse 2 weeks ago and DH ordered several appetizers, soup, a salad, and an entre each time. I ordered one appetizer, soup, and surf and turf the first time, and soup and a lobster tail the second time. Dessert both times was just sorbet. Too much food for a heavy dessert. Also had bread both times - choice of brioche or foccacio. Everything was delicious, but keep in mind that the rib eye steak is a whopping 18 oz. and DH could barely finish it. He had surf and turf the second time with a small filet mignon.

it is included. we had the art of dessert in January Loved it....

Did the food itself taste good, or did you just get it for the presentation? I've seen you tube of it that looks neat, but it didn't seem like there was actually much to eat.

Nothing wrong with just enjoying it as art - I was just curious what to expect. I'm not sure if we will have room for dessert, but I tend to have a sweet tooth and could see that we might want to split an actual dessert if we are craving a little sweet to end the meal with.

Did the food itself taste good, or did you just get it for the presentation? I've seen you tube of it that looks neat, but it didn't seem like there was actually much to eat.

Nothing wrong with just enjoying it as art - I was just curious what to expect. I'm not sure if we will have room for dessert, but I tend to have a sweet tooth and could see that we might want to split an actual dessert if we are craving a little sweet to end the meal with.

Good question. I'd like to know too.

I have not had the "art table" myself (Splendor last month is still on old menu) but I have read often the same consensus which is that its neat and fun but not good to eat....PS..I believe everyone at the table must get it so other desserts for the table aren't an option I believe I read...

However you can always get the dessert to go to enjoy later on the balcony...that's what we did last month as yes the portions are large.....

Thank you for the addition to my mental slang dictionary - had to Google that one, ha!

Hahaha! Me too. I thought it was a typo until I read your post. I did a look-see myself! Lolol.

Edited by winddawn

It has been several years since we enjoyed the steakhouse on the Breeze, but as I recall the portions were large enough for almost any appetite. We could not eat it all. And the food not only looked good, but it tasted amazing! Service was great too. Well worth the upcharge in every way. We are looking forward to enjoying it on our Sunshine cruise this summer.

Bon appetit!

Becky

I ordered two appetizers, a salad , a meal and dessert last week on the Dream, there was no problem. I think two dinner entrees is where they will draw the line. I highly recommend the hazelnut ice cream for dessert.. not too filling and very delicious.

If this is about the pre-meal "presentation" of the entrees at your table, no Carnival stopped that when they started the revised menu. If the question pertains to how the food is plated and served at the table, the answers are yes, they do it well, esp. the smoked oysters and the arty dessert, and indeed it all tastes fantastic.

Glad to see that someone else has used gavone descriptively.

If this is about the pre-meal "presentation" of the entrees at your table, no Carnival stopped that when they started the revised menu. If the question pertains to how the food is plated and served at the table, the answers are yes, they do it well, esp. the smoked oysters and the arty dessert, and indeed it all tastes fantastic.

Glad to see that someone else has used gavone descriptively.

The presentation vs taste question was specifically for the "art of dessert" presentation. Videos I saw looked neat, but didn't look easy to actually eat. If it is actually a tasty dessert for two we might consider it, but if it is mostly just the show then we would likely get something else.

The food is above very good. Well worth it!

We just had a great dinner in the Steakhouse on the Conquest. It was phenomenal. Steak was amazing.

But the wife and I both ordered dessert from the kids menu. We ordered the banana split. Great size considering we were stuff from the main course [emoji15].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are offered a salad, appetizer, & a main meal with 2 sides & then dessert. We were also given a small pre-appetizer chosen by the chef. It was more than enough food. We didn't even order dessert. You likely will not need to order more than is included for your $35. I ate the pre-appetizer, most of the salad, a few bites of the app, and a portion of my meal & sides & had zero space left for dessert.

Forgot to add we were given 3 different breads each. I finished one & took bites of the others. So. Much. Food.

Be aware others have been posting lately the steakhouse lobster is now warm water lobster vs. the cold water lobster they used to serve. Since you're paying an upcharge for the steakhouse, you should be aware.

We just ate at the steakhouse on the Miracle this past week. It was amazing. The lobster in the steakhouse was decidedly different than the lobster served on elegant night in the MDR. The lobster in the MDR was most definitely the fishy warm water lobster. Wouldn’t order that again. The lobster in the steakhouse was melt in your mouth. The whole experience was amazing. It was by far the beat meal we had all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk