9am flight home 🤦🏻*♀️🤦🏻*♀️🤦🏻*♀️

Go for it. Absolutely nothing will go wrong.

While some have done this there is no way I would chance that early if a flight. I would look for something after 10am?

The few that I have seen make it have sailed on Oasis class at terminal 18 which has debarking down to a science. I see you are on the Freedom at a different pier. Again no way I would try that.

.I would not chance it. The ship may dock at 5:30am, but normally self debarkation doesn't begin until 7. And that assumes you are one of the first to exit the ship, get through Customs quickly, get transportation right away, etc.

you may make it, like they say carrying your luggage line up early to walk off.....

Personally I wouldn't be able to relax wonding all week if I can make that flight.

Why stress at the end of your vacation.

you may make it, like they say carrying your luggage line up early to walk off.....

Personally I wouldn't be able to relax wonding all week if I can make that flight.

Why stress at the end of your vacation.

I agree—will definitely be stressing now. No way to end a vaca. Next time I will for sure not book anything early.

If it’s a Oasis class ship and you do self assist and there is no hold up or late arrival, you will have plenty of time. We have booked 9am flights on our Allure and Oasis cruises in the past and made it through airport security and at the gate by 7:45am. Good thing the airport is close by.

I live 45 minutes from Fort Lauderdale. I have been on oasis, allure and harmony and we have always been home by 9 am. Walking off with our luggage, taking shuttle to car and home. So yes it can be done but if there is a problem with ship getting clearance or anything else u may be screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Son had a 9:00 AM flight on our family Freedom cruise a couple of weeks ago. He was ready to get off the ship at 6:30 AM, earliest time possible, and made it to airport gate by 8:02 AM. He was flying Jet Blue. This would not have worked with the three of us flying back to Fargo on Delta as the line to check in was wrapped around the building.

If it’s a Oasis class ship and you do self assist and there is no hold up or late arrival, you will have plenty of time. We have booked 9am flights on our Allure and Oasis cruises in the past and made it through airport security and at the gate by 7:45am. Good thing the airport is close by.

OP is sailing on Freedom.

What airline are you flying? In my experience there are some airlines (like American) that seem to make changes to their flights fairly often, if you booked really far in advance.

For example, if you booked a flight that is 10 months away on American, it might be worth waiting a couple months to see if they make a change to the flight time on their own. If the new flight time is more than 2 hours different (or something like that), then they allow you to make a flight change for free. This saved me once when I booked a flight to leave a day later than my travel companions. American wanted to charge me $900 for the change fee ($450/person) PLUS the difference in the airfare. I left it alone, but then I got an email that they changed my flight time, so I was able to call and switch my flight to the prior day for free.

I’ve flown Southwest Airlines ever since. Free flight changes, 2 free checked bags, and credit back if the flight cost goes down after you bought it. Even if the price is higher, I choose SW every time now (unless I’m going somewhere they don’t fly).

It’s Freedom of the Seas

Might have a problem. Unless you can be the first off the ship, get through customs,the airport is within 10 mins and you get through security with no delays. I still think you might have not make it. Lot of time you won't be off the ship and through customs by 9. I would look to see if you can change to a later flight.

The Ump

John

We were off the Allure a couple of weeks ago and here's what we experienced:

The ship docked at 6:40

Disembarkation with 6000 of our new friends was smooth and effortless.

Windjammer opened at 5:30. After a quick bite, we went back to our stateroom to collect our bags and say goodbye to our home for the past week.

We rolled our bags down to the promenade at 7:10 and walked right up to the security podium (no lines)

We were through customs and on the curb at 7:20. Small lines at the top of the escalator and to get to customs.

Taxi to FLL was $12 + tip

And at the gate in Ft Lauderdale Airport at 7:45 after checking our bags at the front counter.

Not saying it's a wise choice, but without rushing we got off a Celebrity ship in Feb by doing self carry at 7am, through customs and to the taxi area by 7:30 using Mobile Passport, and were at the FLL gate shortly after 8. It can be done but you don't have any time to spare.

Can you use the luggage valet service with self disembarkation?

When you use Luggage Valet, you have to get off the ship during the LV time, which is usually pretty early, but not as early as self-assist. I think they delay you a bit so the customs people have a shot at inspecting luggage if they want.

We did this a few weeks ago - we did self disembark arriving at the end of the line around 6:20 (line was huge!) but we have NEXUS cards so priority immigration line - we were waiting in line at Starbucks after security at 7:45. But as another poster noted it may depend on what airline.