Labadee Zipline Questions

IME folks who reserve all reserve early and there can be waits .....

after lunch the zip is dead and a walk up goes thru pretty fast with minimal delays (after lunch it is not unusual to see one group every 20 minutes ... IME)

note that the 'experience' begins with a practice zip near the beach at ground level, then a trip in a beach bus up the mountain to the start point, then the 45 second zip ride.

Probably gonna be 45 minutes minimum cuz of all the steps ...... you won't be 'en queue' but it still takes time ....

You can book a time in advance, and your family can go to Adrenaline beach and watch as you "zip" by!

It IS overly expensive, but really... REALLY FUN! We did it a few years ago and it is a bit of time, 1-2 hours was about right. But I'm really glad we did it. Not many opportunities to step off a platform and zip 2500 feet over the water. Honestly, worth doing once. My opinion only.

2500 feet horizontal distance .... mentioning in case a reader is confused ..... no you are NOT 2500 feet above the water!!!!

the top of the zip is 167 ft above sea level (approx) and the end, 20 (approx)

<you can verify via Google Earth>

Is the weight requirement checked closely? My nephew really wants to do it and we booked it for him but currently he is only 73lbs with about a month to go

Yes, they have a scale at the check-in area.

Please don't flame away, but I have a couple of questions. I really want to do the zipline but have a couple of medical issues. Takes me FOREVER to navigate up steps. I don't want to make people angry if I have to stop briefly. Can they just go around me? Also, my doctor says I can zipline with an IF...if there's no hard stop where my chest could get banged (I have a pacemaker and defib implant). Do they take care that you don't slam into the stop at the end of the zipline? I don't want to get in anyone's way.

Please don't flame away, but I have a couple of questions. I really want to do the zipline but have a couple of medical issues. Takes me FOREVER to navigate up steps. I don't want to make people angry if I have to stop briefly. Can they just go around me? Also, my doctor says I can zipline with an IF...if there's no hard stop where my chest could get banged (I have a pacemaker and defib implant). Do they take care that you don't slam into the stop at the end of the zipline? I don't want to get in anyone's way.

I don't think they can guarantee no hard stop. Plus you have to do the practice zipline first.

2500 feet horizontal distance .... mentioning in case a reader is confused ..... no you are NOT 2500 feet above the water!!!!

the top of the zip is 167 ft above sea level (approx) and the end, 20 (approx)

<you can verify via Google Earth>

Thanks! Yeah... I pretty much blew that one. Thanks for pointing it out. :')

When you reach the bottom, you are going pretty fast and hit "brake blocks." They try to make it a smooth stop, but it's pretty hard in my opinion. We had one friend that hit hard enough to hit her head on the shuttle you are hooked to. I think with a pacemaker you might want to be very careful before riding the zip line. I can't imagine hitting your chest, but still a solid stop.

As for going up the stairs, that shouldn't be a problem. Just get to the back of the group and you won't have any problem. We were a party of 4 and wanted to ride together, so we lingered and were among the last to go of our group, letting everyone else go ahead. But again, I'd talk pretty seriously to my doctor if I were you as I feel the stop can be pretty hard.

It IS overly expensive, but really... REALLY FUN! We did it a few years ago and it is a bit of time, 1-2 hours was about right. But I'm really glad we did it. Not many opportunities to step off a platform and zip 2500 feet over the water. Honestly, worth doing once. My opinion only.

Well here's a vote for wishing we hadn't done it. Friends wanted to so we signed up. It's NOT REALLY THAT FUN in our opinion. 45 seconds of sliding down a cable. Period. Preceded by an hour of fitting a harness, standing in line for a practice run, standing in line for the truck, standing in line at the top......etc etc. For a hundred bucks give or take, and 1-2 hours of the day, would never do it again.

I've sky dived and many other things that are truly a thrill. But do understand the frequent reviews here from people who have done the zipline and see it as a "thrill of a lifetime".......... I guess......

For 50.00 the Adrenaline Boat Ride on Labadee is much more fun and half the price. And it lasts 45 minutes instead of 45 seconds :)

I don't know if I'd call it the "thrill of a lifetime" but it was so much fun! The whole experience - getting into the harness, the practice zip, the bus ride ... I was by myself but the whole group of people was having a blast the entire time. ANd what an amazing view! So glad I tried it ... don't need to go again ... maybe ...

I don't know if I'd call it the "thrill of a lifetime" but it was so much fun! The whole experience - getting into the harness, the practice zip, the bus ride ... I was by myself but the whole group of people was having a blast the entire time. ANd what an amazing view! So glad I tried it ... don't need to go again ... maybe ...
I agree about being fun. Just back from doing it ourselves. We only paid around $85 during a 20% sale. We checked in at 11:45 for the 12 midday ‘flight’ and ‘landed’ at 12:55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk