voom one device- do both adults get charged?

Trying to persuade others in group to buy minimal voom for communication. If purchase the one device plan for a device registered to only one person, do both adults in cabin get charged? It does list price then adult beside it.

No. Only one charge.

You can use multiple different devices, but only one device at a time.

If you wanted to save some money you could buy a multiple device plan. For example, if there were 4 cabins in your group buy the 4 device plan and as long as each cabin only had one device logged on you would all have access.

No and you do not register a specific device. You can use as many devices as you want, just one at a time.

Before using the 2nd device make sure that you "log off" the 1st. and then sign/log in with the 2nd device.

Depends on the ship. I’ve been on some ships where if you log in a second device it automatically kicks the first device off.

Anyone know if this is the case with the Allure? And if you buy a 4 device plan do you get 4 different codes so give one to each cabin or technically could one cabin be hogging all 4 devices at a time. Likely we would need for communicating during the day to find each other, Do most just use phone for text or do email? Wouldn't want to tell others that if someone log in it would log someone off in case left another device logged in if not the way it worked. Since Allure does not have IQ app need someway to find each other as ship so large.

Anyone know if this is the case with the Allure? And if you buy a 4 device plan do you get 4 different codes so give one to each cabin or technically could one cabin be hogging all 4 devices at a time. Likely we would need for communicating during the day to find each other, Do most just use phone for text or do email? Wouldn't want to tell others that if someone log in it would log someone off in case left another device logged in if not the way it worked. Since Allure does not have IQ app need someway to find each other as ship so large.

If you buy a multi-device plan, you get one access code. The system knows how many devices can be logged in concurrently.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh cool. I thought it was gonna be a code for each of the devices. So seeing as it's one code for all devices, does the last device that logged-on get bumped off when a new device logs-in?

We will have 3 or 4 devices on a 2-device plan. I don't want a scenario where we leave the tablet or Roku still logged in inside the room accidentally while we're locked-out trying to log-in from the pool, for example.

Oh cool. I thought it was gonna be a code for each of the devices. So seeing as it's one code for all devices, does the last device that logged-on get bumped off when a new device logs-in?

We will have 3 or 4 devices on a 2-device plan. I don't want a scenario where we leave the tablet or Roku still logged in inside the room accidentally while we're locked-out trying to log-in from the pool, for example.

Behavior varies, some kick off the last user, some emit an error and tell you another device must be logged off.

You really won't have as much trouble "finding" each other as you think...especially if everyone tells each other their plans for the day! Most folks tend to gravitate to the same spots over and over...so you'll have an idea where to find the others!

One thing I didn't realize was when I purchased surf and stream I also had access on the computers in the internet cafe. I was able to log on and print out boarding passes.

I would definitely purchase it again.

Bill

Oh wow, I didn't even think about that. I also didn't know they had printers in there. Nice tip!

Advice needed--as we will have a plan (generously provided for us by family) for two devices BUT only need on one device; and traveling with a family who is purchasing plan for one device (but need two). So, if we give them our extra access code, they will have two devices, and we will have one- to keep in touch with everyone? Expensive- but so worth it to keep track of us all! RIGHT?

Advice needed--as we will have a plan (generously provided for us by family) for two devices BUT only need on one device; and traveling with a family who is purchasing plan for one device (but need two). So, if we give them our extra access code, they will have two devices, and we will have one- to keep in touch with everyone? Expensive- but so worth it to keep track of us all! RIGHT?

You should exchange access codes, so you have access to the single device package and the other family has access to the two device package.

OH YES, this is perfect! Wouldn't have thought of that- you know!

Thanks!

You should exchange access codes, so you have access to the single device package and the other family has access to the two device package.

My husband and I normally share a package and agree something like I take odd hours and he takes evens. So I will use 1pm-2pm and him 2pm-3pm and so on. Usually works well for us when apart on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why not consolidate plans with that family and buy a 3 devices plan for all to share which will be cheaper than getting separate 1 and 2 device plans. Additional benefit is all will have the same username and access code.

We've done that with friends onboard.