What do you do with your eating utensils ?

When eating in the WJ and wanting to go back and get something else, what do you do with your utensils?

I don't necessarily need clean ones for each trip back to the buffet, and if I leave them on my used plate a server will take them.

How nice would paper "Placemats" be in the WJ :')

I don't like to just set my knife/fork/spoon on the bare table or on the napkin I'm going to put on my lap again.

So what do you all do?

Put them on the plate and tell my wife (or whoever else might be staying at the table) to not let a server take them.

Yep....tried this many times...but then I come back to a crowded table (we sit at the tables for two) with dirty dishes and then a server doesn't come by again.

Yep....tried this many times...but then I come back to a crowded table (we sit at the tables for two) with dirty dishes and then a server doesn't come by again.

That's your choice, crowded table or get new utensils.

I almost always grab a clean set and let them take away the used ones with the dishes. Early on I had the experience of going up for more food and coming back with just my plate to a cleared-off table, and had to run back to the buffet for flatware.

When eating in the WJ and wanting to go back and get something else, what do you do with your utensils?

I don't necessarily need clean ones for each trip back to the buffet, and if I leave them on my used plate a server will take them.

How nice would paper "Placemats" be in the WJ :')

I don't like to just set my knife/fork/spoon on the bare table or on the napkin I'm going to put on my lap again.

So what do you all do?

Paper placemats would make so much waste, garbage, etc. Not good for the environment!

The way they roll silverware in a napkin it's easy to take two sets. You would have extra silverware and a napkin to put on the table to "keep" any silverware you might want to reuse. Actually I have more of a problem forgetting a spoon for soup, cereal, fruit - wish they included in the napkin wrap - but realize a spoon is not always needed.

Paper placemats would make so much waste, garbage, etc. Not good for the environment!

The way they roll silverware in a napkin it's easy to take two sets. You would have extra silverware and a napkin to put on the table to "keep" any silverware you might want to reuse. Actually I have more of a problem forgetting a spoon for soup, cereal, fruit - wish they included in the napkin wrap - but realize a spoon is not always needed.

I actually see more waste in all the paper used for "sale" events left in my cabin. I agree about the spoons but find it sometimes hard to get/find regular size teaspoons...not a fan of the large soup spoons. It just would be a nice option of paper placemats for those that want them....those rags they use to "wipe" off the tables :eek:

I almost always grab a clean set and let them take away the used ones with the dishes. Early on I had the experience of going up for more food and coming back with just my plate to a cleared-off table, and had to run back to the buffet for flatware.

We cruised with Princess for the first time. They put eating utinsels in a caddy on each table in the buffet. . So convenient

I actually see more waste in all the paper used for "sale" events left in my cabin. I agree about the spoons but find it sometimes hard to get/find regular size teaspoons...not a fan of the large soup spoons. It just would be a nice option of paper placemats for those that want them....those rags they use to "wipe" off the tables :eek:

Well then, you could take one of those Art Auction announcements with you to the Windjammer and put your utensils on it while you go get a food refill.

Kill two birds with one stone!

;) :D :D :D

Does someone always try to create an issue with every aspect of a cruise?

What do you do in a restaurant on land?

Sorry you took this as I was "creating an issue".... No harm in asking a question I thought....right ?

We don't really eat at buffets (not really many available in our home town) and why we enjoy them while onboard. So usually the utensils aren't a concern.

After many years of cruising we're done with the dining rooms and enjoy the WJ now especially at dinner time when many of you choose to go to MTD or the MDR.

How many crew touched the silverware before it was wrapped?

Dessert forks and spoons aren't wrapped at all.

Somebody coughed on all the napkins.

Like I didn't already have enough germaphobe related issues on my cruises .... THANKS! ;p

yYWN7_s-200x150.gif

I very publicly lick the table on embarkation day. That way “my” table is always open and available for me throughout the week.

It must be debilitating to be mysophobic. Just thinking about the air they are breathing must be horrifying to them!

If science says we are potentially breathing in Julius Caesar’s last breath, what does science say about how many cruise passengers farts we are breathing with every breath?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/air-gas-caesar-last-breath-sam-kean/

We cruised with Princess for the first time. They put eating utinsels in a caddy on each table in the buffet. . So convenient

I definitely do't want them in a caddy on each table. I won't use the spoons by the soup because I see too many people take one out, then put it back after handling it. You would have no idea what the people before you did with that silverware. My first thought was a small child licking a spoon then putting it back or even just playing with the silverware while they were eating and the adult putting it back in the caddy. Yuck. I use a clean set of silverware when I got back to the buffet. I usually need a new napkin at that point anyway.

I definitely do't want them in a caddy on each table. I won't use the spoons by the soup because I see too many people take one out, then put it back after handling it. You would have no idea what the people before you did with that silverware. My first thought was a small child licking a spoon then putting it back or even just playing with the silverware while they were eating and the adult putting it back in the caddy. Yuck. I use a clean set of silverware when I got back to the buffet. I usually need a new napkin at that point anyway.

Do you drink your soup out of the bowl?