Live from the Bliss - TA 4/21/18

CoffeeGoddess

Actually I'm going to wrap it up right now since this thread has devolved into arguments and martyrs.

Thanks everyone who enjoyed the review and I hope everyone who sails her after enjoys her as much as I did. Except without the pain.

Sent from outerspace

Thanks for taking us along!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually I'm going to wrap it up right now since this thread has devolved into arguments and martyrs.

Thanks everyone who enjoyed the review and I hope everyone who sails her after enjoys her as much as I did. Except without the pain.

Sent from outerspace

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this amazing ship with us all! Can't wait to see it for myself!

From the NCL FAQs:

• Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.
  • Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.
  • We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Thank you for posting this. I'm glad to know on top of trying to pack for Alaska layer clothing I want have worry about dressy/formal clothes. :D

Hope you feel better. I injured my stomach muscles badly getting up and down those lounge chairs by pool and spa. I think they are about 6 inches too low. This was on the Escape last Nov.

So I know being in pain the last few days is not a nice way to go. I was in pain flying home too.

Well let me now sip on some COFFEE.

Toodles

Thanks so much CoffeeGoddess for your time, energy , and patience for taking us along on your journey. Fantastic photos and information.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and safe travels home.

Thanks again!

Sent from outerspace

Thanks a bunch Goddess. Had a blast. I now have 5 pages of notes!!!!!!!

Thanks very much for the very interesting, informative, and fun review. You had fantastic pictures and insight into the new Norwegian Bliss. We are so looking forward to our Panama Canal voyage on her and your review just made it almost impossible to wait....... I do hope you heal quickly and are ready for your next cruise!! Thanks for the ride:cool::cool::cool:!! John

Sent from outerspace

Thanks so much for the review! This and the other live threads have been really informative.

Thanks CoffeeGoddess for all the time you spent posting comments and photos of your cruise adventures! Safe travels home and good wishes for further recovery from your pains. :D

One of the newer things that has been happening in cocktail culture are cocktails on draft. Just like a beer on draft the cocktail is mixed up and delivered through a draft tap. The District has two of them, you can see them in the pictures of taps at the far right. Maltings has two as well as does Q.

They're really good and are in no way comparable to when they premix and keep it in a jug on the counter.

Sent from outerspace

That is good to know. The premix by the pools on the Epic were disgusting. I often wondered how healthy those things were sitting out in the sun all day. After my first one I just stuck to beer. Thanks so much for the great review. I hope the pain goes away soon.

We’ve done 5 NCL cruises and wear casual shorts at all the specialties (except La Bistro, which is why we do it on the first night of every cruise) Maybe been lucky.

Ditto

CoffeeGoddess, thank you for taking us along for the ride, and for showing those awesome drink pictures, which I plan to try on my Getaway cruise in November. (Maybe not the jet fuel Aviator, but all the rest are on the bucket list!) I hurt my knee and quadriceps on the last cruise doing all the stairs, and it's still in the process of healing 6 weeks later; I hope your hip heals faster. Thanks again for the great review! :ship:

Thanks so much for a terrific live thread. Love all the pics and info you provided. Sorry you now have to return to the real world. I just hate the post cruise recovery period. My DH usually helps me through this period by insisting that I book our next cruise. Such a good man. Looking forward to our November and December cruise on this ship. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CoffeeGoddess, just want to thank you for a wonderful live review. I really enjoyed it. All the photos and information, and also educating me on cocktail culture. I never knew there was such a thing as cocktails on draft. I'm pretty much a wine drinker but you have inspired me to try various cocktails on my soon upcoming Bliss cruise. I enjoyed all the photos of the large variety of drinks you had.

I doubt I will be as lucky as you were to have the spa all to myself at one point, but thanks again for the spa photos as well. I purchased my first ever thermal suite pass and am really looking forward to using it!

Less than a month to go for me now! :)