Live from the Bliss - TA 4/21/18

CoffeeGoddess

My solution for NCL to prevent "Lounge Hogs"....you know those delightfully comfortable chairs(:rolleyes:) they use in the theater?

Get rid of those space-wasting daybeds, and install those...

Guarantee, people would not hog those...:D

La Cucina was fantastic. They started off slow apologizing for how long it was taking to several people but finished strong. I had the mushroom risotto, note on platinum voucher you can order from only one of the appetizer sections.

c8d316a4114648b89c7784a6da026ef9.jpg

I ordered the tenderloin medium rare which was cooked perfectly.

a058c5524c33c3c3db23ef803fe1fab7.jpg

And had the tiramisu for dessert.

d69031c5218ed41bf7b0dd58a69bb76d.jpg

6c7ee3c690d57d963a627b5c05f6134e.jpg

Sent from outerspace

Bong whipped me up a Pacific Ocean from the old menu.

4965f70880b216f3bcfd3eee22ebdeba.jpg

He also told me he had to stop wearing the pin I gave him since people were complaining that they couldn't get one. Chocolate Cowboy has also stopped wearing his in his hat.

Sometimes I really hate people.

Sent from outerspace

Thanks for the menu picture! That looks like a great day for lunch. I hope the ibuprofen helps quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto to what Ginny said. Maybe its just me , but this is the 1st post of a Savor menu (lunch or dinner) that I have seen. Hoping to see some more Savor/MDR menu's!

You need to Chill out! I asked a question, period. for Coffee goddesses' opinion and she did answer in a few post ahead (have you seen me reply to her post - NO)...It is you and the others that has continued this - you are right it is beaten to death! So as I said in my LAST post Get off of this subject get back to the TA!!! So you Must stop! People are really mean on this thread. I have posted Maybe 7 times...really!! OH and BTW - there are updated post regarding this same subject by CG.

On a side note Coffee Goddess -

I am very grateful for the 3 of you who have taken us on your trip (I am new to cruising) and for you to post ALL of this info on your Vacation says a lot for you and this CC community. I'm not sure that I would be as diligent as you all are with your post! Not to mention the patience. I hope you have had a great trip/vacation and I hope your pain has subsided a bit! I'm done posting as I'm too sensitive, but I will follow along till the end. Thank you again!

I'm sorry for the mean people. Most people on here are generally nice

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Can Jeans or Shorts be worn by Men in all dining venues on the Bliss? Thank you.

La Bistro has a dress code of pants & close toed shoes (except the first night of every cruise). I recall hearing that NCL’s main dining halls had a no swimwear policy, but we don’t typically utilize it, so perhaps other could offer input

La Bistro has a dress code of pants & close toed shoes (except the first night of every cruise). I recall hearing that NCL’s main dining halls had a no swimwear policy, but we don’t typically utilize it, so perhaps other could offer input

The MDRs are casual dress. Cagneys, Le Bistro and I believe La Cucina are nice dress(pants, dress shirt for men, skirt, dress, nice pants and top for women) Teppanyaki is casual I believe. No swimsuits in any restaurant but you can wear it in the buffet as long as it is covered up and dry

The MDRs are casual dress. Cagneys, Le Bistro and I believe La Cucina are nice dress(pants, dress shirt for men, skirt, dress, nice pants and top for women) Teppanyaki is casual I believe. No swimsuits in any restaurant but you can wear it in the buffet as long as it is covered up and dry

We’ve done 5 NCL cruises and wear casual shorts at all the specialties (except La Bistro, which is why we do it on the first night of every cruise) Maybe been lucky.

We’ve done 5 NCL cruises and wear casual shorts at all the specialties (except La Bistro, which is why we do it on the first night of every cruise) Maybe been lucky.

Bliss will be my third and all I've ever seen is nice. Not fancy but dress casual I guess. For me, when I think speciality, I think dress nice. Never seen them turn anyone one for wearing anything else

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Looks awesome! Can you tell us what time Jersey Boys started, and how much time before then would you recommend dinner reservations? Thank you.

Sorry! Didnt see the Freestyle. Hope you are feeling better.

Question for the masses: on a typical cruise, what time does the headline entertainment run, and how often per cruise? I’m on the Bliss in July and am a planner, particularly on vacation. The NCL website is less than helpful, which is slightly irritating. Never cruised before, so it’s all new to me.

I'm sorry for the mean people. Most people on here are generally nice

Thank you :) I realize at the beginning I asked a few dumb questions - Which the answers were clearly noted on the Freestyle Daily :( - that I did not read thoroughly and there was no absolute answer to them anyway. :rolleyes: However, with all of these seasoned cruisers I thought maybe with their experience they might have an idea. I was clearly wrong and I learned that lesson the hard way! So I just stopped asking questions; and wouldn't you know, everything I was going to ask Coffee Goddess or the other 2 - they inevitably got around to posting, I just needed to wait.

BUT - the loungers,due to the over posting on them from OTHERS, I just needed to know what is the most appropriate way to sit on these lovely pieces of furniture with out my feet upon them; AND I GOT RIDICULED FOR asking a question. But Coffee Goddess got around to sitting on them and giving her experience with them, which I greatly appreciate :) I SURE HOPE THEIR LAST FEW DAYS ARE HEAVEN. It sure has been a nice ride for me. Thank You!

Thank you :) I realize at the beginning I asked a few dumb questions - Which the answers were clearly noted on the Freestyle Daily :( - that I did not read thoroughly and there was no absolute answer to them anyway. :rolleyes: However, with all of these seasoned cruisers I thought maybe with their experience they might have an idea. I was clearly wrong and I learned that lesson the hard way! So I just stopped asking questions; and wouldn't you know, everything I was going to ask Coffee Goddess or the other 2 - they inevitably got around to posting, I just needed to wait.

BUT - the loungers,due to the over posting on them from OTHERS, I just needed to know what is the most appropriate way to sit on these lovely pieces of furniture with out my feet upon them; AND I GOT RIDICULED FOR asking a question. But Coffee Goddess got around to sitting on them and giving her experience with them, which I greatly appreciate :) I SURE HOPE THEIR LAST FEW DAYS ARE HEAVEN. It sure has been a nice ride for me. Thank You!

Don't let people discourage you from posting here. People are generally nice and answer questions without the ridicule. Most questions get asked 10 times and no one gets mad. I don't read the freestyle dailies on here because it won't have a bearing on my cruise next March. The lounge thing got out of hand. I know when I go on the Bliss next year, I'm going to be using those at least once and will probably have something under my feet since I do plan on using it for what it was designed for: lounging.

This is incorrect information. Cagneys on all ships allow shorts, and so does La Cucina. The only specialty that require pants are Le Bistro and Ocean Blue/Bayamo.

Can Jeans or Shorts be worn by Men in all dining venues on the Bliss? Thank you.

From the NCL FAQs:

• Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.
  • Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.
  • We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants.

Morning has dawned with us closer to the end.

fac8aab627339afb733394ef959c5485.jpg

46b1ff232330cf350d275af48e942d43.jpg

Of course this came out last night too.

119da1dd7dd5614a504c4f3990e2488e.jpg

b6be9ce20db853446ef58e11da9f9941.jpg

52c770f001038bc3dfc27e3589d3ea59.jpg

e9799f3fa56de6c0fe8c56360618f851.jpg

My hip is feeling much better, I don't think I'll have need for a cane or the big guns today, just some ibuprofen and slow walking. And probably no stairs yet.

Sent from outerspace

Actually I'm going to wrap it up right now since this thread has devolved into arguments and martyrs.

Thanks everyone who enjoyed the review and I hope everyone who sails her after enjoys her as much as I did. Except without the pain.

Sent from outerspace

Actually I'm going to wrap it up right now since this thread has devolved into arguments and martyrs.

Thanks everyone who enjoyed the review and I hope everyone who sails her after enjoys her as much as I did. Except without the pain.

Sent from outerspace

Thank you so much for your review! Really enjoyed following along, and appreciated the information you were able to provide about the Bliss! :)