Live from the Bliss - TA 4/21/18

CoffeeGoddess

As your cruise is almost coming to an end (sorry)...wanted to ask what the biggest misses (probably too many hits to list) of the new floating island ship are? Might be hard to tell on a half booked ship designed to hold like 4000 pax, but nonetheless.

Asking the same of all 3 "live" reviewers to get each of their takes on what they personally are not a fan of on the new ship.

Minor annoyances for me, really. The lack of robe and towel hooks in the spa that mean a lot of people claim chairs they aren't going to use simply to have a place to put them. Also they only have one towel station near the entry so if you're by the saunas and want a towel you need to go back that way.

Studios lacking a towel bar by the shower and some kind of a shelf in the shower to put your toiletries on. But that's basically the studios across the line.

Food Republic did up their prices on several items like the kimchee fried rice that doesn't really seem warranted. Ocean Blue does not live up to requiring an upcharge.

The Maltings bar can get a bit of a residual cigarette smoke smell near the Humidor when it's full but I only noticed that a couple of times.

No one really doing anything about chair saving in the Observation Lounge but I think that will probably get addressed pretty quickly once it starts doing the Alaskan runs (at least I hope so).

Admittedly I have not been to much entertainment or parties so there may very well be issues there. Otherwise it's a great ship I would be happy to go on again.

Sent from outerspace

I don’t agree but I apologize if you think that is not being courteous.

When I open a thread (usually through Tapatalk app on my phone) that already has tons of posts, it does not always start at the first post and I don’t always feel the need to read from the beginning. Cause like I said, no way I am reading 500+ posts. If you think that is not being courteous the again I apologize. I however do not think that having to read the first post makes one courteous or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how can you reply to a post when you haven't even read the post? I mean, all the rest are replies. There is one original post, and you don't even bother to read that? How strange.

Minor annoyances for me, really. The lack of robe and towel hooks in the spa that mean a lot of people claim chairs they aren't going to use simply to have a place to put them. Also they only have one towel station near the entry so if you're by the saunas and want a towel you need to go back that way.

Studios lacking a towel bar by the shower and some kind of a shelf in the shower to put your toiletries on. But that's basically the studios across the line.

Food Republic did up their prices on several items like the kimchee fried rice that doesn't really seem warranted. Ocean Blue does not live up to requiring an upcharge.

The Maltings bar can get a bit of a residual cigarette smoke smell near the Humidor when it's full but I only noticed that a couple of times.

No one really doing anything about chair saving in the Observation Lounge but I think that will probably get addressed pretty quickly once it starts doing the Alaskan runs (at least I hope so).

Admittedly I have not been to much entertainment or parties so there may very well be issues there. Otherwise it's a great ship I would be happy to go on again.

Sent from outerspace

Thanks for the response and the live review you have done for us not lucky enough to be on the cruise. Hope you enjoy the last few days

It's a delicious citrus vodka and sparkling wine drink usually available at the Mixx and Atrium bars. I can't remember exact ingredients though, but the bar tender knew.

Sent from outerspace

YUM!

Will add it to my list.

So how can you reply to a post when you haven't even read the post? I mean, all the rest are replies. There is one original post, and you don't even bother to read that? How strange.

It’s a “live from Bliss” thread. I am more interested in reading what the OP actually experiences onboard then 3 days prior to boarding. Why is that so strange? I quoted a post about chair hogging in the OL of which someone got on my case about quoting a post that had a picture in it. So sue me. I apologized if the OP thought that was not courteous. But I’m not going to apologize for not reading the entire 500+ post thread including the original post when the original post is pre embarkation.

It’s a “live from Bliss” thread. I am more interested in reading what the OP actually experiences onboard then 3 days prior to boarding. Why is that so strange? I quoted a post about chair hogging in the OL of which someone got on my case about quoting a post that had a picture in it. So sue me. I apologized if the OP thought that was not courteous. But I’m not going to apologize for not reading the entire 500+ post thread including the original post when the original post is pre embarkation.

By all means, please keep arguing about this. Actually no, don't do that. It's super annoying.

You should at least read the original post for any threads you reply to.

I don’t see your point? I’m assuming you are referencing the post about not quoting posts with photos? Well get over that as I will surely admit that there is no way I read every 530 some posts in this thread. Has nothing to do with noticing if someone would bring towels to the OL.

How about just don't include the photos when quoting? It's rude to those of that do like to read entire threads.

I am a computer programmer and cyber security expert and can assure you that not quoting a post with a picture has nothing to do with common courtesy.

Interesting, I too am a programmer and some would consider me to be a cyber security expert as well. I assure, neither has anything to do with common courtesy in discussion boards like this. I'll say it again: Including pictures in a quote, unless commenting on a specific picture, is rude.

How about just don't include the photos when quoting? It's rude to those of that do like to read entire threads.

Interesting, I too am a programmer and some would consider me to be a cyber security expert as well. I assure, neither has anything to do with common courtesy in discussion boards like this. I'll say it again: Including pictures in a quote, unless commenting on a specific picture, is rude.

I disagree that it is rude and have never come across anyone else previously who had ever mentioned it in all of my 24+ years of internet experience participating in similar type forums. I would also argue that if it was rude or frowned upon the. It would be a forum rule and/or blocked from even being able to be done. Either way it’s a moot point because I WAS commenting on a specific picture.

I disagree that it is rude and have never come across anyone else previously who had ever mentioned it in all of my 24+ years of internet experience participating in similar type forums. I would also argue that if it was rude or frowned upon the. It would be a forum rule and/or blocked from even being able to be done. Either way it’s a moot point because I WAS commenting on a specific picture.

And because you are a computer programmer that makes you Emily Post?

What IS rude is hijacking our lovely Coffeegoddess thread with your basic lack of online courtesy and continued defensive argument.

Back to the fun stuff! What are we drinking tonight, Coffeegoddess?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Sent from outerspace

All good information. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What IS rude is hijacking our lovely Coffeegoddess thread with your basic lack of online courtesy and continued defensive argument.

It is not rude nor hijacking a thread if I am responding to to someone who quoted me. I agree and already mentioned to let’s get back on topic of which you decided to go off topic by quoting and replying to me.

So please, definitely want to hear more about any possible chair hogs in the OL.

Thanks.

I'm hoping to not get a "snide remark" from I'm not sure who? I'm new at these threads - I have an Alaska cruise scheduled next year :( but I actually have more of a what is an appropriate question for the OL chaises. It may not be meant for this thread - but it appears to have gotten a lot of reviews. Now these are loungers which means to lounge upon. I will want to rest my back and kick up my feet on all of that "lounging" space". I DO NOT agree with the whole pool towel photo, nor somebody's dirty feet on these wonderful pieces of furniture I don't want their "dirtiness" on me....HOWEVER, when I kick up my feet, what is acceptable to put under my "dirty feet" at the bottom of this space? I would think that maybe hard plastic upon that surface that could be wiped off. (such as what they do in stores like when you buy a mattress). I know, THIS IS CRAZY, but really I'm going to want to relax on those loungers am I really supposed to hang my feet off of the side? How do you handle this....

I just had a Moscow Mule and some soup in the buffet waiting to sail away. Someone posted the new Canadian beers they have in the District and one of them is Oat & About which had in my tasting and really liked so I may need to head down there. I'm just sad they didn't get the Maple Porter as well since that was fantastic.

Sent from outerspace

I'm hoping to not get a "snide remark" from I'm not sure who? I'm new at these threads - I have an Alaska cruise scheduled next year :( but I actually have more of a what is an appropriate question for the OL chaises. It may not be meant for this thread - but it appears to have gotten a lot of reviews. Now these are loungers which means to lounge upon. I will want to rest my back and kick up my feet on all of that "lounging" space". I DO NOT agree with the whole pool towel photo, nor somebody's dirty feet on these wonderful pieces of furniture I don't want their "dirtiness" on me....HOWEVER, when I kick up my feet, what is acceptable to put under my "dirty feet" at the bottom of this space? I would think that maybe hard plastic upon that surface that could be wiped off. (such as what they do in stores like when you buy a mattress). I know, THIS IS CRAZY, but really I'm going to want to relax on those loungers am I really supposed to hang my feet off of the side? How do you handle this....

It does seem to be a bit of a conundrum. And possibly the folks in the photos with the pool towels were trying to keep the lounge chairs clean. But it had a real "camped out" look to it.

I think you could very easily sit down and put your feet up, where the back of the heel of your shoe is the only part touching.

It does seem to be a bit of a conundrum. And possibly the folks in the photos with the pool towels were trying to keep the lounge chairs clean. But it had a real "camped out" look to it.

I think you could very easily sit down and put your feet up, where the back of the heel of your shoe is the only part touching.

No doubt the folks in the picture were camped out. And of course it's the fact that they weren't there for an extended period that is the problem with those selfish dolts.

The chairs in the picture sure look to me like they are intended to have your feet on them. Is that not the consensus?

Actually the issue here wasn't using the towels. The real issue was these people put towels and other things on the chair and left the OL for almost an hour and a half. This prevented others from using the furniture while they were gone. Thus the name Lounge Hogs and is a very rude to do to other guests. Using a towel under your feet should be fine. :)

I would have to agree and say that if you use the lounger as it was intended that there would be no problem. This would include sitting with your back to the back of the lounger and feet propped up at the foot end.

I agree. If they want to argue about it, then start a new thread. I for one, am a little annoyed at the constant notifications from one of them. I'm not following this thread to watch people occur over what is and isn't common courtesy. Most people don't know what that is anymore anyway

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Actually the issue here wasn't using the towels. The real issue was these people put towels and other things on the chair and left the OL for almost an hour and a half. This prevented others from using the furniture while they were gone. Thus the name Lounge Hogs and is a very rude to do to other guests. Using a towel under your feet should be fine. :)
A clean dry towel, not a damp/wet towel. I wouldn't want to sit in one of those loungers and get wet

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Coffeegodess thank you for a great review. I’m doing a TA on Jade in Sept. I really appreciate the info on Halifax. The farmers market & lobster is on my list of things to do. It’s my first TA after over 57+ cruises. Can’t wait. Btw love your name. I also love cawfee. Enjoy your last few days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As your cruise is almost coming to an end (sorry)...wanted to ask what the biggest misses (probably too many hits to list) of the new floating island ship are? Might be hard to tell on a half booked ship designed to hold like 4000 pax, but nonetheless.

Asking the same of all 3 "live" reviewers to get each of their takes on what they personally are not a fan of on the new ship.

Finally normal questions for our 3 posters. Thanks for asking.