A Celebrity loyalist booked on Carnival

Duanerice1

What is wrong with Reflection? We have Reflection booked based on our love for Eclipse - I thought they were basically the same. Have I missed something?
I also don't understand that. They are pretty much the same

I've cruised Carnival on the Dream class ships, Magic and Breeze, in a spa balcony and twice on the Vista in a spa balcony then Havana balcony. Carnival is really fun if you're young at heart. In my opinion, the entertainment is superior to Celebrity and Princess.

I like the quieter, less crowded atmosphere of the spa and Havana areas on Carnival versus all the kids and families around the main pools and water areas. Also Dream and Vista class ships have an adults only area, Serenity, with bar service. The service is as good in my experience as both Princess and Carnival.

The lido buffet is not as good, but I very rarely eat there. Guys Pig and Anchor barbecue is fantastic and included. Many people rave about Guy's burgers and the Blue Iguana taco and burrito bar as well.

Specialty restaurants are just about same food and service wise, once again in my opinion.

It depends what you're looking for. The trade-offs with Carnival are more kids, more people, and more of a party atmosphere, but you can find ways around that.

Everyone has a different experience and different expectations, but Carnival is plenty good if you're willing to upgrade for your cabin.

We are doing the 3-day carnival booze cruise to Ensenada in July (oh the horror). Only because it's a birthday thing for a friend. It's about the oldest Carnival ship afloat and it was pretty rough the last time we were on it a decade ago. But regardless, we will have a great time!

We found that you could definitely tell that Reflection has the extra deck of cabins compared to the other S class ships.
Interesting.. Was she overcrowded?

What about Silhouette?

What is wrong with Reflection? We have Reflection booked based on our love for Eclipse - I thought they were basically the same. Have I missed something?

Actually, Silhouette and Reflection are our favorite ships. One reason is the Lawn Club Grill is on both. :)

Oceania.

Things happen every cruise line. No exception.

Our first Oceania, big fat dirty underwear under the bed. Our last Oceania dirty underwear stuffed behind end table drawer. You would think since the drawer didn’t close the room stewards would check it out or maybe we are singled out for dirty underwear.

Our first Oceania, big fat dirty underwear under the bed. Our last Oceania dirty underwear stuffed behind end table drawer. You would think since the drawer didn’t close the room stewards would check it out or maybe we are singled out for dirty underwear.

Maybe Cruise Critic should have a "lost and found" forum, just so we can return items like this to their rightful owner. ;p

Interesting.. Was she overcrowded?

What about Silhouette?

Loved Silhouette, it was totally a difference experience on Reflection in the peak season in the Med ;). You’d never have known there was a lawn on the ship!

Loved Silhouette, it was totally a difference experience on Reflection in the peak season in the Med ;). You’d never have known there was a lawn on the ship!

Maybe it comes down to whether peak season or not. Peak season means lot of cabins with extra small people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe it comes down to whether peak season or not. Peak season means lot of cabins with extra small people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bodies I’m referring to were not from small people that were inches apart all over the lawn :o, and neither were the ones that couldn’t walk a straight line (and it wasn’t due to the motion of the ocean :D).

OK, wife talked me out of it, lol. We are now booked on the 10 night Equinox going to the ABC's. Although we've been on multiple 10 night Equinox sailings we've never been to the ABC's. Base price was $850 more but we also get 2 nights. We ended up paying an additional $600 to get the 2 perks. We'd have to pay tips anyway so that's $300 of it. At least this way we both get a beverage plan, $300 for 10 days. That's $15 pp per day. Can't really pass it up.

And yea, we've been on Carnival before, last time was a week on the Breeze in a spa cabin. Their spa actually puts Celebrity to shame. It was a nice ship, good food, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to go back. But, the ship we had booked was an older one even though it was upgraded with the newer restaurants.

Gotta admit that I did think twice as I was reading the Carnival boards and they were complaining that 15 alcoholic beverages per day were not enough (their beverage plan). Other beverages didn't count against the plan. They were trying to figure out how to buy more because once you hit 15 they won't sell you any. So the way was to "buy a round" when you reach 14 that way they will sell you extra drinks. If you need more than 15 drinks a day.......

Edited by Duanerice1