**LIVE** Grandeur of the Seas 4/26/2018 - 5/4/2018.

5419891ea240ba30e5ff958cba7ca1a9.jpg

Love and Marriage Show. Standard question but still fun. The “audition” seems to be the same. Best kiss for newlyweds and the Tarzan Jane scene for the middle couple and of course , longest married.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day 2 seems early for this. Also seems like a lot to do!! Hopefully the last days will be just a fun!

I too am enjoying your live blog

Don't know about you, but you've talked me into the Headliner.

I think you’re right. I’m not a huge Lionel Ritchie fan, but I don’t dislike him. A movie is a movie and its already on my disk queue. I was told earlier that the Last Jedi will be played aboard and that’s awesome, but we own the movie and I should give something that is cruise/vacation unique a priority, even over Star Wars (and considering I’ve already seen it 4 times already)

So tonight. I’m a little torn. Headliner show is a musical number and i usually don’t care much for them. But like I said, Mike is great so i’m debating. At 9:30, Commuter is showing at the Pool. This movie is on my Netflix queue. But it would be nice to see on big screen. Cons here is obviously missing the headliner show, but also A: I will eventually see it at home. B: It might be a little chilly with the wind blowing over deck. C: Since its only day 2, there’s a good chance it will play again. I cannot see the whole thing at 6:30 because dinner is at 8 and its JUST 15 minutes longer. Plus, tonight is formal so i need time to get dressed and stuff. No suit credit used Kat.

Go hang in the Schooner with Mr. H at 9pm... we really enjoyed him on the 4/5 sailing. Say hi to my boys Elvis and Bernie behind the bar if they're still on board, I think Elvis mentioned he might be on vacation after the last sailing.

Not sure if i posted this. See this hallway.

24571bd929b69f1dbd202d1b606af9ac.jpg

This is the view from the midship elevators. It is the closest elevator to me and the only one accessible to me from this point. My room is all the way at the end.

This is the view from the midship elevators. It is the closest elevator to me and the only one accessible to me from this point. My room is all the way at the end.

But the Grandeur is a widdle widdle ship. Even the longest hall isn't very long. ;)

But the Grandeur is a widdle widdle ship. Even the longest hall isn't very long. ;)

Yeah but it’s probably the longest walk I’ve ever had to make on a cruise ship going to my room, considering I usually book midship. I didn’t realize that the way the Grandeur was designed, The entire aft of the ship is serviced by the mid ship elevators

Yeah but it’s probably the longest walk I’ve ever had to make on a cruise ship going to my room, considering I usually book midship. I didn’t realize that the way the Grandeur was designed, The entire aft of the ship is serviced by the mid ship elevators

That's actually true of every Royal Caribbean ship. :)

Don't know about you, but you've talked me into the Headliner.

Thank you for talking some sense into me.

60a22ef0fa58f3c01ebb610ea71a3f11.jpg

This is Derek Floyd. It was an absolutely amazing show. This guy is very talented. To think i almost gave this up to watch a movie on the chilly pool deck.

I truly forgotten how good Lionel Ritchie had been. This guy definitely reminded me.

Haven’t sailed on Grandeur so your comment got me curious.

There are 33 cabins from the back to the elevator.

On Freedom class there are roughly 32, on Oasis class there are about 31.

Even on a small ship you still have about the same walk (or a little more) as you do on the megaships.

Good morning from Charleston South Carolina

b4f668bd68b82b56213d150d15d51ede.jpg

The Internet last night was extremely frustrating. Now I expect it to be slow because we’re on the satellite however this time the router kept kicking me off and not letting me reconnect. I’m probably going to make a complaint tonight to guest services.

However what I was able to do was look for a good place for breakfast within walking distance. After going through a dozen places, I was surprised that the best place appear to be the place I wander into last year. it’s about a five or 10 minute walk down market Street. So here I am at Another Broken Egg Café. b3b85ea3a6fcad97f07bb157b1f9ca15.jpg

So I found a downside to my room location.

This morning at about 6 AM I was awoken by a loud rumbling and shaking. It was the ship braking or maneuvering to dock. Kept up for about 30 minutes.

I finally gave up at got up before my alarm. To my shock, i got up exactly when i meant to. I set my alarm for 7:45pm.

I guess it worked out.

Good Morning everyone. Today were at at sea somewhere off the coast of the Carolinas. Today’s forecast, party cloudy with a high of 72.

Today’s Agenda

I’m off to breakfast, which in my opinion is the worst meal on ship, but its passable because hey I’M ON A CRUISE!!!

I liked the fried rice in the Windjammer. They had a different kind everyday and I topped it with an over easy egg.

I liked the fried rice in the Windjammer. They had a different kind everyday and I topped it with an over easy egg.

Don’t get me wrong, it isnt bad. But compared to lunch and dinner, breakfast is uninspiring. The menu is pretty much the same every morning.

The Yorktown is amazing.

67b5968ca847c52dbd9c87800d361618.jpg

d83ae8bf10da4eaa4a9bf1909cc5a1f9.jpg

4a91c512cb58e084d1ed8d1fd0866ad3.jpg

e3fe9ce039e04019a63cce77572b79d0.jpg

4fbcd12d8a4c056cc3e6bb740b585e3f.jpg

98312b20a36bb2ee887edaa58585c94a.jpg

This place really immerses you into world war 2 and the Vietnam War eras. Wife would have hated it because of all the up and down decks. I thought about taking the Ferry, but Uber was a little more expensive but provided more flexibility. I paid about 10 bucks more and fully experienced this attraction.

I took an Uber back to the other side of the bay. I had more time than i thought, so i tried to find a CVS to get some stuff. I remembered one next to a Starbucks, but in actuality, it was a Walgreens. Nonetheless, I chose what i THOUGHT was the Starbucks as my destination, but it turned out to be the wrong starbucks. However, I missed it by 4 blocks [emoji51]. I had hoped to find a piece to my broken wireless headphones. The little plastic cap somehow fell off, probably when i went through security during embarkation. Fortunately, i had a backup pair.

They didnt sell it at Walgreens. However, from my quick search, it didnt look like i was going to find it here easily. So i just bought a new pair of wireless earphones.

Afterwards, went looking to find a coffee shop but found these instead.

29f2d456efcffbede6c51aa603df3b1b.jpg

086a4550a244a4f5c669903c55739740.jpg

Charleston puts booze in everything!!!

But not just that. I also found this

8512e2cb6c5a5bf51bd8008b59fb9406.jpg

These are called Peace Pies. Essentially homemade ice cream sandwiches. I got the caramel coffee toffee. It was a sudden detour because i still didnt get my iced coffee. I passed by no less than THREE cookie bars before i found my coffee shop. After getting coffee, it was time to return so now I sit on deck 5.

496be2473110db8571bc2b52c17ff112.jpg

Lets see if there are any runners today.

8bd3a8ab3c5ff97ec5d22f8ab6680f3d.jpg

Everyone made it back on time and we are underway

f17bf0e6be3e8fe6005bff4e530d5024.jpg

Hopefully, the wifi router problems stabilizes, otherwise, you guys arent gonna hear a peep out of me. It got real bad last night. Kept knocking me off every 5 minutes.

f6416e37b1035065035fa9985204768e.jpg

Coffee obtained. this is one of my favorite local roasters.

I had heard of Mayorga but hadn't previously realized that you can get go get a cup right there.

We went this morning and it was outstanding.

Thanks for the tip.

I had heard of Mayorga but hadn't previously realized that you can get go get a cup right there.

We went this morning and it was outstanding.

Thanks for the tip.

I’m sorely disappointed that most of the shops closed. However there is still one at BWI I think but that’s it

I went to complain about the router dropping. The IT guy admitted that the dropped connection while in use is weird and that shouldn’t happen. He gave me a new code to use as its a possibility that my other code was compromised somehow.

The error that i posted earlier however is normal, but the dropped connection is not.

The Yorktown is amazing.

67b5968ca847c52dbd9c87800d361618.jpg

d83ae8bf10da4eaa4a9bf1909cc5a1f9.jpg

4a91c512cb58e084d1ed8d1fd0866ad3.jpg

e3fe9ce039e04019a63cce77572b79d0.jpg

4fbcd12d8a4c056cc3e6bb740b585e3f.jpg

98312b20a36bb2ee887edaa58585c94a.jpg

This place really immerses you into world war 2 and the Vietnam War eras. Wife would have hated it because of all the up and down decks. I thought about taking the Ferry, but Uber was a little more expensive but provided more flexibility. I paid about 10 bucks more and fully experienced this attraction.

I used to live in Charleston

Tonight’s show is the Production show All Access. I know i’ve seen this before. Some things are familiar and others aren’t. Does anyone known if content is shuffled to present a unique product or is my memory faulty? I KNOW All Access was still here 15 months ago and even then, i had seen it before.

e29503a64aeca8f522f83bf26e18e3c5.jpg

4d003f50bcbfca61ab2130cf403a4c50.jpg

9e4896a6fefe00a31f6a86faab140abd.jpg

There was a huge Madonna set, but it was weird because some of the songs were good and others were horrible. Usually they just messed up the entire singer set or the set is amazing.

It was a decent show. However, when i left the theater, I walked out into this...

2f2aaf443884f40e729694dcef4f736a.jpg

I could not have planned it better, But this was pure luck.