Grrrrrrrrrr it's a simple question

nhsails

Ok, haven't sailed Princess in about ten years. Called today to try to find out what's available December 2019 for Caribbean. Put on hold for about 5 minutes. Rep said she can't find anything, well that's why I called. Transferred to a supervisor, put on hold, was told the same thing. She put me on hold and transfered again where I was not so politely told "they're not out yet." Then she hung up on me before I could even ask release date. Unfreaking believable.

Ok, haven't sailed Princess in about ten years. Called today to try to find out what's available December 2019 for Caribbean. Put on hold for about 5 minutes. Rep said she can't find anything, well that's why I called. Transferred to a supervisor, put on hold, was told the same thing. She put me on hold and transfered again where I was not so politely told "they're not out yet." Then she hung up on me before I could even ask release date. Unfreaking believable.

Talked to our Princess rep last week as we’re looking at Christmas 2019, she said those dates are coming out in May!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone. Ended up booking with Celebrity again. Princess just lost 4 suites and 10 mini suites. Really a shame.

If you booked with Celebrity without waiting a few weeks for the Princess itineraries to be released, you must have found exactly what you want on Celebrity. You would probably have booked with them anyway. :) Enjoy your cruise.

Actually if I had a ball park time frame I would have waited since it was the majority's first choice. The attitude was the killer. But thanks. Will take a look when schedule comes out for out January 2020. Hubs and I curious about all the changes and interested in Nieuw Statendam.

Celebrity doesn't have mini-suites. Perhaps you mean Concierge Class or Aqua Class? If so, they aren't really mini-suites. They're just the same size as the other cabins on the Millennium Class ships and slightly larger (20sf I think) on the Solstice Class ships.

I totally get your frustration though. I wish the Princess itineraries would come out sooner too.

Since the dates are not out yet what could they have done but given you that info?

I think the issue is not that the dates are not out at this time, but that the reps were rude or otherwise inappropriate. Guess I'm lucky because I've never encountered that.

I think the issue is not that the dates are not out at this time' date=' but that the reps were rude or otherwise inappropriate. Guess I'm lucky because I've never encountered that.[/quote']

I have never found the Princess travel counselors to be particularly knowledgeable considering they have to answer the same questions. I always find out the answer then have them handle the details.

One question I have and that is how many people at various levels did you expect to talk to in order to get a different answer? All said they were not out yet. Rudeness is not needed/acceptable but trying to get an answer that does not exist is wasting peoples time.

If you booked with Celebrity without waiting a few weeks for the Princess itineraries to be released, you must have found exactly what you want on Celebrity. You would probably have booked with them anyway. :) Enjoy your cruise.

Not the plan at all.

Celebrity doesn't have mini-suites. Perhaps you mean Concierge Class or Aqua Class? If so, they aren't really mini-suites. They're just the same size as the other cabins on the Millennium Class ships and slightly larger (20sf I think) on the Solstice Class ships.

I totally get your frustration though. I wish the Princess itineraries would come out sooner too.

Was not even the wait. All anyone needed to say was they'd be out in about 3 weeks and I would have waited. Thanks for being nice.

DrivesLikeMario, yup....sky Suites, as close to a mini as you can get��. And yes. I was online nearly 50 minutes. But it was definitely the attitude. Not even a good bye, just click������

The operator MAY have hung up, but that sounds strange to me. Usually an operator will ask if there is anything else they can do for you, or wish you a 'happy day' or at least say 'goodbye'. It is possible the phone line 'dropped out' or the call was terminated for a technical reason - not operator rudeness.

Thank you everyone. Ended up booking with Celebrity again. Princess just lost 4 suites and 10 mini suites. Really a shame.

When you called Princess did you ask to speak to the person who handles group bookings or just the single booking agent? I doubt that they would have known anything about the cruise schedule before it is published either but it would be worthwhile to ask. Booking a group of 14 cabins probably would have gotten you some benefit such as a free cruise for one member of the group.

I hope your group has a great time on the Celebrity cruise. Sorry Princess doesn't put out its schedule far enough in advance to allow for planning your group's event.