It's time for RC to go paperless on setsail passes.

djjoe

I haven't even bothered to print a Set Sail pass for my last five cruises. I have a fully paid reservation, they look me up by name, I present my credit card and passport and we're good to go. It causes ZERO delay. Why bother printing anything? Almost as silly as people's obsession with luggage tags.

Are you happy that you are saving paper or that you just don't do it yourself?

The reason I ask- you STILL have to sign something for your on board account AND the health certificate. So even if you don't print the Set Sail Pass, one is printed for you to sign. Paper isn't being saved at the moment.

It's logical that eventually the option to have a digital Set Sail Pass will happen, as well as signature pads instead of paper. It would save a LOT of waste and/or paper storage.

But just wanted to point out that currently without a Set Sail Pass- paper is still being printed for people to sign.

The airlines all do it, why can't the cruise lines do it? When I check in for a flight a QR code is already sent to my phone, no paper required, just show it at airport. I just checked in for a upcoming cruise out of Bayonne. The have you upload your security photo and input your onboard account info. Then you must print out a setsail pass for each person on the reservation, using double the amount of paper. There is no place to sign on the setsail pass as the info is in their system already. The important info is the bar code, which I feel can be sent to any smart phone. Think about it, They scan your phone, give you a seapass card, and that's it. done! :rolleyes::rolleyes:But please don't let the IT guys that designed the "new and improved" web page get their hands on this idea.

It will work for some, but many passengers do not have smart phones or may not be a tech savvy, so paper should be an option.

Me too! The last thing I want to do is get to the port and waste my time filling out or affixing luggage tags. I print them out at work (color printer) and then put them in my plastic sleeves. Pack the sleeves in my carry-on (God forbid the airline should lose my luggage) and then put them on my luggage the night before the cruise in my hotel room so I'm ready to go the next morning.

Absolutely! It's only a few sheets of paper with tags, set sail pass ready to go.

Others, don't like to do that, and that's fine with me. That's their choice.

I just wave as I pass them by while they are delayed in line. ;)

I just wave as I pass them by while they are delayed in line. ;)

Love it! ;p;p And can we all agree that each cruiser has his/her preference and to not criticize if others handle their documents/luggage tags differently? To each his own! Happy sailing!

Love it! ;p;p And can we all agree that each cruiser has his/her preference and to not criticize if others handle their documents/luggage tags differently? To each his own! Happy sailing!

Absolutely, thanks!

To each their own. :)